Help for Club Team info

I have an 11-year-old who loves softball and volleyball. We have found some good things in softball, but trying to find out information about the club teams in the Middle Tennessee area. Are their a large number to choose from? When do most have tryouts?

We have done a lot of camps over the last two tears along with team play. Just not at the travel level. Would love to hear what some would recomend for her age. More camps or try to get more into the club scene? I feel I judge her talent pretty well and she is decent. She is far from a superstar, but she likes to work hard. All suggestions appreciated.

There are knowledgable parents and fans on this site that can make suggestions and you are fortunate to live in a area that has many clubs. As you likely know, all clubs are good or great but what really you are looking for is a great Club with great Coaching in your age group. There may be 8-10 clubs in Middle Tennessee. Most all of the Middle Schools have organized school play that is very competitive and enrolling in a school which provides that option might be valuable. Most all Colleges have camps or clinics as well as some clubs. I hope you have email as some contact might like to correspond with you in that manner. Play4Keeps keeps up with Club action all over the state and hopefully she has returned from nationals or will in the next few days to give you her thoughts. The area you live in would certainly help so post it here. And during this time of the year, there are many who normally have moved in to this area from many states and might need to find a Volleyball home somewhere in the state. Volleyball in this state is HOT and the level of competition, if the player has gone thru some club, is very competitive. A Middle School or High School who is close to a club and has a more than average emphasis on the sport as well as softball can give your daughter as much competition as she wants. Most Clubs are travel oriented and with middle Schools can give exposure much of a year. You will get some response to this post.

I have an 11-year-old who loves softball and volleyball. We have found some good things in softball, but trying to find out information about the club teams in the Middle Tennessee area. Are their a large number to choose from? When do most have tryouts?

We have done a lot of camps over the last two tears along with team play. Just not at the travel level. Would love to hear what some would recomend for her age. More camps or try to get more into the club scene? I feel I judge her talent pretty well and she is decent. She is far from a superstar, but she likes to work hard. All suggestions appreciated.

Parentof2 Welcome to the boards!

We are fortunate in Middle Tennessee to have a good number of clubs who operate at a variety of competition levels. I am a strong believer in the club system as the best way to improve skill level and court experience. Camps are short and don't provide a playing environment on a regular basis. Club seasons range from Dec-May with different clubs and competition levels providing a wide number of tournaments (some clubs play 2-3 per season, some 10) Tryouts are held within the first 2 weeks of November. Some start practicing in December, while others begin practice in January.

The most, if not all, the clubs in our area have teams at the 12U age level. I'm sure if you can find a club that meets your criteria both in cost, commitment and competitive level. Watch this board in the fall as I will begin posting tryout information as it becomes available (dates, location, cost) usually in October.

p.s. to PHargis: haven't left for Nationals yet, we fly out tomorrow with play July 1-4 /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />