Shocking news about USAW from Colorado Springs

BamaGrappler

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...2716?source=rss

Springs wrestling official held in Internet child luring

By Kieran Nicholson

The Denver Post

Posted: 07/06/2009 02:14:35 PM MDT

Updated: 07/06/2009 02:44:43 PM MDT

A 49-year-old Colorado Springs man has been arrested for allegedly attempting to lure a child on the Internet into having sex.

Mark Anthony Scott was arrested today at the Jefferson County district attorney's office and booked into the Jefferson County Jail.

Scott, a director with USA Wrestling in Colorado Springs, is being held on suspicion of attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempted Internet sexual exploitation of a child and Internet luring of a child.

He began communicating with an undercover officer in a chat room on June 6, believing he was exchanging information and messages with an "underaged teen," prosecutors said in a media release.

Scott is scheduled to appear in a Jefferson County courtroom Tuesday morning.

Kieran Nicholson: 303-954-1822 or knicholson@denverpost.com

Why post "alleged" stuff? The timing of the post is this afternoon, but the article indicates "in court this morning"?? Why post an old article without the results of the court which surely should be known before the article was even posted???? Why a Denver article in Tenn when just alleged?? This stinks of a weak journalist trying to get noticed or this bama dude trying to stir stuff up. Don't get me wrong, if whoever this guy is did what the article says, he should be run over by a dump truck, but I think this post and the info. given is way too premature and just an attention getter.

Why post "alleged" stuff? The timing of the post is this afternoon, but the article indicates "in court this morning"?? Why post an old article without the results of the court which surely should be known before the article was even posted???? Why a Denver article in Tenn when just alleged?? This stinks of a weak journalist trying to get noticed or this bama dude trying to stir stuff up. Don't get me wrong, if whoever this guy is did what the article says, he should be run over by a dump truck, but I think this post and the info. given is way too premature and just an attention getter.

Relax a little bit.

It is none of the cases you described. The story is legit (note I am just referencing the story and not any claims of guilt, etc from it) and BamaGrappler posts here quite often, lots of time just to share information he has heard that our wrestling community may not have. So far I would imagine that the Denver paper is the only one carrying the story, hence the link to a Denver paper.

ghouse-

Thanks. That's all it was. Plain and simple. Glad you recognized me.

Wrestlersdad-

Good luck to your son. But what's with all the anger? Last time I logged in, this was still the 'Wrestling Mat' forum. I simply passed along a link/article that I found newsworthy and (somewhat) informative for those of us in the wrestling realm --- regardless of how 'premature' or 'attention getting' you perceive it to be. No harm was intended and no attack was made nor judgment of guilt lain --- although USAWrestling has already taken action, without waiting for a court decision. It was simply an article post. I don't come here to discuss religion, politics, or celebrity gossip. I've been posting here longer than a lot of the Tennessee Jeds who post here today. (And I use 'Tennessee Jeds' in an affectionate manner. I know full well that we're all 'Alabama Hicks' down here. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) I've been posting under the same name, 8+ years here (yes, even before the improvements locked everyone in to a visible profile created date) and 10 years elsewhere. I just found it to be of interest and decided to pass it along. I did the same for the Georgia forum. I don't just support AL wrestling. I'm very much in favor of the sport throughout the Southeast and try to stay 'in the loop'. I pass things along and appreciate the same. If you perceived my post as anything other than as stated, then there was a gross misunderstanding.

Speaking of article and link postings, here's a link to the 'official' word from USAWrestling:

http://www.usawrestling.org/section.php?se...ArticleID=20545

USA Wrestling statement about Mark Scott

USA Wrestling

07/06/2009

USA WRESTLING STATEMENT

July 6, 2009

On Monday, July 6, USA Wrestling was notified by the Jefferson County District Attorney??™s office that one of its employees, Mark A. Scott, had been arrested on suspicion of attempting to lure a child for sexual purposes over the internet and was in custody.

Mr. Scott, who is employed as the Director of State Services, has been relieved of all duties with USA Wrestling. All state service matters should be referred to the Manager of State Services.

USA Wrestling was shocked and disturbed about this situation. USA Wrestling has zero tolerance for this type of conduct. The organization will fully cooperate with the appropriate authorities. USA Wrestling will monitor the criminal proceedings and take appropriate action as necessary.

USA Wrestling has no further comment on this matter at this time.

*Source: www.TheMat.com, the Official website and net-presence of USAWrestling

you seem to be a little touchy. bamagrappler has always, from what i've read, a supportive wrestling fan. the fact that he lives down south shouldn't be held against him

To be fair, this article had more info.

http://www.gazette.com/news/child-58029-in...et-springs.html

Springs wrestling official arrested on suspicion of Internet child luring

July 6, 2009 - 5:32 PM

BRIAN GOMEZ

THE GAZETTE

A USA Wrestling executive was fired Monday after he was accused by police of using the Internet to lure a child into having sex.

Mark Anthony Scott, 49, the director of state services for the Colorado Springs-based national governing body, was arrested at the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office and booked into the Jefferson County jail in Golden.

Scott was arrested on suspicion of attempted sexual exploitation of a child, attempted Internet sexual exploitation of a child and Internet luring of a child. He's being held without bond before his initial appearance today in court.

According to a press release from prosecutors, Scott began a "sexually graphic chat" with an undercover investigator posing as an underage teenager June 6, and the conversation continued for weeks as Scott described "the sexual things he wanted to do to her."

USA Wrestling Executive Director Rich Bender said Tony Black, manager of grassroots development, will replace Scott on an interim basis.

Bender called Scott's arrest "an isolated incident." In a statement, the NGB said it was "shocked and disturbed about this situation. USA Wrestling has zero tolerance for this type of conduct. The organization will fully cooperate with the appropriate authorities."