Tennessee Sports Writer's All State Soccer Team

OldSoccerFan

Class A/AA

Forwards: Cody Kammerzell, Station Camp; Ben Holt, CAK; Mark Sherrod, Carter; Drew Zumbrun, Boyd-Buchanan.

Midfielders: Luke Mishu, Knoxville Catholic, Christo Pifer, CAK, Jake Ragland, CAK; Francisco Solar, East Ridge;

Defenders: Phillip Chesney, CAK; Jacob Exum, Station Camp; Doug Liedle, CAK; Thomas McKnight, USJ.

Goalkeeper: Jake Lockert, Boyd-Buchanan; Adrian Womac, Alcoa.

Coach of the Year: Tom Gerlach, CAK

Class AAA

Forwards: Nick Desalvatore, Brentwood; Wes Llosa, Cleveland; Jack McCoy, Knoxville West; Leor Reef, White Station.

Midfielders: Patrick Compton, Riverdale; Trevor Greico, Farragut; Jordan Johnson, Hendersonville; Alex Wilkerson, Bearden.

Defenders: Taylor Grim, Oak Ridge; Patrick Kelly, Hendersonville; Nicholas Muth, Farragut; Alex Tummons, Hendersonville.

Goalkeepers: Adam Gonzales, Cleveland; Ryan Wilson, Oak Ridge.

Coach of the year: Wallie Culbreth, Farragut.

Division II

Forwards: Paul Banks, Christian Brothers; Devin Character, Christian Brothers; Will Maddox, Pope John Paul II; Jonah Powers-Myszka, Father Ryan.

Midfielders: Daniel Drewry, Christian Brothers; Dennis Kennetz, St. Benedict; J.J. Greer, Christian Brothers; Houston Oldham, Montgomery Bell Academy.

Defenders: Taylor Crawley, Pope John Paul II; Matthew Forster, Father Ryan; Taylor Harrison, Pope John Paul II; Matt Shelton, Memphis Univerity School.

Goalkeepers: Joey Labetti, Christian Brothers; Matt Warrick, Father Ryan.

Coach of the year: Rogerio Lima, Christian Brothers.

A little surprised that Alcoa didn't have more members on the A/AA team, and also surprised that Alex Hutchins from Webb isn't on the D-2 squad.

But, I also know how hard it is to make and organize these teams. The TN soccer coaches team will be out shortly. Again, it has been very difficult and frustrating to get responses from the coaches to get their nominees in.

I will tell you what surprises me...there mus tnot be any good soccer played west of Alcoa. Only one player from outside of East TN. Congrats E. Tn on having the superior soccer teams in the state in class A/AA.

Now don't get me wrong, I aint no great soccer person, but they do make pretty good kickers in football.

I will tell you what surprises me...there mus tnot be any good soccer played west of Alcoa. Only one player from outside of East TN. Congrats E. Tn on having the superior soccer teams in the state in class A/AA.

Now don't get me wrong, I aint no great soccer person, but they do make pretty good kickers in football.

The TN soccer coaches All State team usually includes a broader spectrum of players across the state, though East TN (especially Knoxville) has had a higher percentage of players due to the success of the programs from that area.

There are plenty of good players in the West in all divisions. Unfortunately there are only a couple good teams in the West which advanced or/won in State, which is why CBHS has so many on the list. The other good players on mediocre teams are not on the list because the team failed to make it to or advance far in State.

I agree that Alcoa has many more players that should have been listed. The coaches All-state team should clear that up.

As for Stinton of Farragut. Every coach/player in E.Tenn knows how powerful he is. There has not been a midfielder like this to come through in quite sometime. He is one of the best (if not the best) in the state...hands down.

What i also thought was interesting was hendersonville gets knocked out the first round of the state tourny, and land three players on all state (sportswriters poll).

Then, Oak Ridge lands 2 (as many as Farragut) and they didnt even get out of their region semi's!

(Farragut doesn't give up a goal in the tournament, and loses to 1 TN team all year.)

I would like to how they came up with this! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

All are great players that were listed, but someone dropped the ball for Farragut and Alcoa !

Both coaches were expected..... Class acts! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree that Alcoa has many more players that should have been listed. The coaches All-state team should clear that up.

As for Stinton of Farragut. Every coach/player in E.Tenn knows how powerful he is. There has not been a midfielder like this to come through in quite sometime. He is one of the best (if not the best) in the state...hands down.

What i also thought was interesting was hendersonville gets knocked out the first round of the state tourny, and land three players on all state (sportswriters poll).

Then, Oak Ridge lands 2 (as many as Farragut) and they didnt even get out of their region semi's!

(Farragut doesn't give up a goal in the tournament, and loses to 1 TN team all year.)

I would like to how they came up with this! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

All are great players that were listed, but someone dropped the ball for Farragut and Alcoa !

Both coaches were expected..... Class acts! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think the coaches list will probably do Farragut more justice.