best team in jackson

hawkpower

well now that all the teams are in the same region for the first time since liberty has been added who do you think will be the best team in jackson especially now that a region title and seeding in the playoffs now is also on the line on top of it just being rivalry games. liberty, northside, jcm, southside all in the same region these games should be really interesting if they werent already

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now that all the teams are in the same region for the first time since liberty has been added who do you think will be the best team in jackson especially now that a region title and seeding in the playoffs now is also on the line on top of it just being rivalry games. liberty, northside, jcm, southside all in the same region these games should be really interesting if they werent already

I don't think anyone expects much out of JCM because they're rebuilding their program so they just may be the dark horse, I never heard anything since spring about Northside coaching situation, maybe someone can offer some insight I think they were looking for a new coach. Liberty should do well and I don't know anything about southside.

I don't think anyone expects much out of JCM because they're rebuilding their program so they just may be the dark horse, I never heard anything since spring about Northside coaching situation, maybe someone can offer some insight I think they were looking for a new coach. Liberty should do well and I don't know anything about southside.

I would think that Southside would be the front runner thats going with recent history. JCM and Northside just seem to have a hard time keeping coaches. But i hope that they soon get on solid ground where they can get those programs back on track. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would think that Southside would be the front runner thats going with recent history. JCM and Northside just seem to have a hard time keeping coaches. But i hope that they soon get on solid ground where they can get those programs back on track. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've heard some good things on JCM new coach so its sounds like they're going to try and turn things around, but for some reason I just can't get any info on Northside about their coaching situation or how things are looking in general for them.

I've heard some good things on JCM new coach so its sounds like they're going to try and turn things around, but for some reason I just can't get any info on Northside about their coaching situation or how things are looking in general for them.

Northside promoted an assistant Coach Tab Vowell who was the defensive coordinator last season. I do not know too much about him. Link below:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20090714...g+about+Indians

I'm glad to see all the teams in the same region, it should be some great friday nights around Jackson. If I have to pick a team right now I would go with Liberty they have alot of key players returning. I don't know what SS has coming back or whats going on I haven't had the chance to keep up with them. The only thing I know about NS is they have some size. Good Luck to all the Jackson teams, I can't wait to see some action.

Bigredtiger... Do you ever get tired of badmouthing private schools? I vaguely remember your team losing to trinity last year and usj has a great team so find someone else to talk about... Maybe a jackson team your team actually beat

Last year Lexington BEAT 4A Liberty from Jackson, TN 49 to 41. Do you "vaguely" remember?? :cry:

As for your second team USJ, their record over the last 4 years is 16 & 25. When did USJ become

a "great" football team?? :thumb: The kid playing QB is a very good player but thats it. At the 7 on 7

camp in Jackson a couple weeks ago USJ's player looked very small. The Tigers beat TCA on their 7 on 7

match up and they also looked small. Now before you start the with "we are small but play with alot heart" or "they play bigger then they are" speech just save it!! :lol:

Now both teams might 10 & 0 this year and that would be great......but give the "we are getting picked on because we are a small private school " crap a break before football season starts!! :thumb:

Why don't these private schools in Jackson play Jackson city schools like South Side, JCM or Liberty?? This question comes up every football season with no answer from the private school folks.

Now the question was who do you think is the best football team in Jackson and for me I think it is South Side and then Liberty both teams USJ & TCA WILL NOT play to see which one is the best team in Jackson.

PS. Think this time before you post again. :lol:

Bigredtiger... Do you ever get tired of badmouthing private schools? I vaguely remember your team losing to trinity last year and usj has a great team so find someone else to talk about... Maybe a jackson team your team actually beat

Last year Lexington BEAT 4A Liberty from Jackson, TN 49 to 41. Do you "vaguely" remember?? :cry:

As for your second team USJ, their record over the last 4 years is 16 & 25. When did USJ become

a "great" football team?? :thumb: The kid playing QB is a very good player but thats it. At the 7 on 7

camp in Jackson a couple weeks ago USJ's player looked very small. The Tigers beat TCA on their 7 on 7

match up and they also looked small. Now before you start the with "we are small but play with alot heart" or "they play bigger then they are" speech just save it!! :lol:

Now both teams might 10 & 0 this year and that would be great......but give the "we are getting picked on because we are a small private school " crap a break before football season starts!! :thumb:

Why don't these private schools in Jackson play Jackson city schools like South Side, JCM or Liberty?? This question comes up every football season with no answer from the private school folks.

Now the question was who do you think is the best football team in Jackson and for me I think it is South Side and then Liberty both teams USJ & TCA WILL NOT play to see which one is the best team in Jackson.

PS. Think this time before you post again. :lol:

the last time southside played a jackson private school was jcs the year they were the class a state champs southside beat them bad 55-7 jcs scored on the opening kickoff and then they did nothing else

in 04 ss played usj--usj won 7-6 04 southside beat them 42-15

this year i think southside 1 then liberty then the 3 private school in no particular order then ns and jcm

Liberty will be very good. South Side is traditionally strong and will continue that trend this year.. I'd take North Side as a sleeper this year. I'm not sure if JCM will be able to compete this year because of the coaching situation and not getting a coach until late in the summer. Hope it goes well for them.. It's always fun to see them competitive. Judging from the 7 on 7 results I'd say TCA and USJ will be good again.. Overbey and Washington are 2 of the premier players in West Tennessee this year.

Its hard to make a list in the preseason but if I had to say i'd say:

1. South Side

2. TCA

3. Liberty

4. USJ

and thats not saying who would win head to head. Its strictly judging who I think will have the best season and advance farthest in the playoffs.. Its hard to say though, all of these teams have enough talent to go deep.