Franklin

FHSrebel27

I hope that last night's thrashing of Blackman has to proved to everyone that indeed the Rebels are a team to be reckoned with. While the offense wasn't as impressive as they have been the past couple weeks (not that they didn't do well), the defense was just amazing. You can't really name one Rebel that was better than the rest, they're all good. You have to give credit for the Rebels' success this season to the seniors. They want to take it to the next level and I think they're doing a pretty good job at that. This team deserves to be in the top 10 in the state. I'd be interest to hear what fhsTE84 has to say about why this Rebel football team is different from those in past years. This week they've got Clarksville. I've got a good feeling the team has already put behind them last night's big win and is focused on this upcoming game. Good luck to Franklin the rest of the way!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by FHSrebel27:

I hope that last night's thrashing of Blackman has to proved to everyone that indeed the Rebels are a team to be reckoned with. While the offense wasn't as impressive as they have been the past couple weeks (not that they didn't do well), the defense was just amazing. You can't really name one Rebel that was better than the rest, they're all good. You have to give credit for the Rebels' success this season to the seniors. They want to take it to the next level and I think they're doing a pretty good job at that. This team deserves to be in the top 10 in the state. I'd be interest to hear what fhsTE84 has to say about why this Rebel football team is different from those in past years. This week they've got Clarksville. I've got a good feeling the team has already put behind them last night's big win and is focused on this upcoming game. Good luck to Franklin the rest of the way!

I think there are several reasons this season has been different from the past so far. 1) the senior leadership is outright amazing. I try to lead but Quinton Lane, Cody Green, and others really do lead out there. 2) there truly are no superstars on that field. we all have a job and we do that job to the best of our ability. we all believe in each other and that really does show on the field. 3) the combination of coaches we have is one of the best ive ever seen. Coach Johnson is the leader out there and he gets us incredibly hyped for the game. With Coach Nowell you have no idea what is coming next. He spreads the ball all over the field. Coach Curtis and the rest of the coaches get out there and do their part and make sure we do ours. So, even though i dont think we have overwhelming talent by any means, that combination of qualities has really helped out this team. Now the trick is to keep up the job we've done so far. It doesnt matter if we were 4-0 to start out the season if we dont do anything the rest of the season. What matters is week 15! Also, who are you fhsrebel27?

Guest region4fan

Congrats to you boys at Franklin. You are earning respect round the state. I cannot seem to get an answer for this question so I will ask you....Did RICO TURNER play against you? He got his cast off and was practicing some. We heard he was back on board but I cannot confirm it. You guys keep on playing together and enjoy your season.

Guest ScubaSteve

franklin is one of the best teams in 5A. no ifs ands buts or anything. They have stomped everyone who dared step on the field with them this season so all you critics stink it up and give them the respect they deserve.

fhs is overated. ill give them credit, they whipped up on blackman, but they arent legit. they will get to the playoffs because there is only 1 other good team in 5A. all you fhs fans just pray that yall dont see the blaze in the playoffs, we are on a path to show everyone that us getting beat was a fluke. you all will see what i mean after we beat RHS by 14+ on friday. ;)

Guest crazyhorse

Franklin definitely has earned there way into the Top Ten. They have the key ingredient to success-TEAMWORK! They must continue to focus on 1 game at a time and not get the big head. I do believe this is a special team led by a great coaching staff.

The Blackman game showed the balance this team has. The offense with Reffegee,Otey,Nichols and a solid O-line executed skillfully. The defense looked awesome, it may have been the first game that all the starters were out there. Anderson showed his strength early-stopping Maupin and Cody Green had his normal great game. Lane and Christianson continue to make big plays.

This is a special team that needs to take it one at a time.

They will be successful win or lose because they are a TEAM.

Posted by shady04:

fhs is overated. ill give them credit, they whipped up on blackman, but they arent legit. they will get to the playoffs because there is only 1 other good team in 5A. all you fhs fans just pray that yall dont see the blaze in the playoffs, we are on a path to show everyone that us getting beat was a fluke. you all will see what i mean after we beat RHS by 14+ on friday. ;)

What's the point in talking trash? Sure ya'll have a good team and that probably wasn't your best effort but you talkin' trash is just plain sad. I like your team but comments like that just make ya'll look bad. Why don't you concentrate on this big game next week and exercise your body instead of your mouth. I still hope you guys win though. Good luck!