Coffee County Football

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, football is a violent sport and tempers flare all the time. From what I heard, there was no TSSAA officials calling the game and that sure didn't help matters. I'm sure minor incidents happen all the time during practice, scrimmages and games, but TSSAA officials need to be there to prevent any major incidents from possibly occuring.

Ken Packs refs were at a tssaa meeting

No doubt, football is a violent sport and tempers flare all the time. From what I heard, there was no TSSAA officials calling the game and that sure didn't help matters. I'm sure minor incidents happen all the time during practice, scrimmages and games, but TSSAA officials need to be there to prevent any major incidents from possibly occuring.

A young coach can make a mistake and not think about officials for a scrimmage. However those above the young coach and especially the person who hired the young coach/director of schools/TSSAA offical/assigning official should have been checking on the young coach the week before and checking to make sure officials were there. Why would you not look out for a guy you've hired but know hasn't had all that responsiblity before? Why would you not help him out and make sure those kinds of things are covered?

Worst director in history, that's why. 99% of the blame for this "incident" should be on his shoulders and his alone.

I've also had many tell me that a coach punched a player. I'm not going to say which side because that does not matter. If they actually _punched_ a player they should be banned for life from coaching and teaching and the TSSAA should be reviewing film to find out. It's one thing to push/pull/toss people out of a pile that they shouldn't have piled into to start with. Don't want someone to do that to you keep your cool and stay out of the pile. However there is no excuse for a coach punching a kid. If it happend the guy is bum and needs to be put on the road. :thumb:

DL.

What exit do you use to get to the high school?

If you are going to watch the varsity scrimmage, that will be at the middle school, where the stadium is. You will use exit 111 and take a left. The school will be less than a quarter mile on your right. If you are going to watch the freshman, they will be on the practice field at the high school, I think. You will use the 111 for that also, turn left and go 2-3 miles and the high school will be on your left.