Lewis Co. Pre-Season

ddaddy

I don't think anyone that has posted here "failed to see the silver lining", in fact quite the opposite. For their first time it really wasn't to bad.....sure there were mistakes both by players and coaching, but that what scrimmages are for to find them and correct, which I'm sure will be done. I think this bunch will "surprise" people. As far as the corner.....it's my understanding that it was his first time at corner, that he had played outside backer the past few years, so I'm sure he will learn as fast as he can and step up. There have been alot of changes from what I hear and read and I'm sure it will take some time for everyone to settle in. I think the crew Lewis has now is a very coachable bunch and put forth the effort to succeed. I heard we had a few players banged up.....nothing serious I hope. The backfield has been changed around from what I heard also, the halfbacks have been switched from their normal position, which is going to take some time to adjust. What ever reason that was done I'm sure it take alittle time to settle in . Over all.......Everyone I have talked to seem to be on a pretty positive note. I hope to catch fridays scrimmage. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ddaddy, I heard you have some players banged up , anything serious? I sure hope not. BTW.....seen your post over on the GP board.....you made solid points but alot chose not to pay attention. I can see 3 levels of competition, there might be some other but for right now 3.....which are for Example GP...Private

Alcoa...Open and Lewis Closed. Playing 3 championships would seem to be interesting to everyone...but will never happen. Still your points were spot on!

Hope things get on board this week. A little success should help, and once again hope nothing serious on the injury side.

The injuries are not major, just nagging and moral affecting. Some of those have to be played through and some will just take a little time. On a positive note they have a very productive and uplifting practice yesterday. Attitude and effort was must better. I was concerned that coming out of a physical scrimmage we didn’t respond the way I had hoped. Maybe it was a growing experience. There is some good talk about Will Riley stepping up and being an asset this year.

AUGUST 21 big game for LC . Collinwood has gotta a lot of heart and will be up to try to knock off a 2a powerhouse of the past. I think it will be a good game and if Panthers dont have their heads screwed on tight it will be a long night. Collinwood is preseason top 10 in 1a.

Radio.......August 21st is MTP. August 28th I think is collinwood. Lewis has tough games every week with the new District. It sounds like this new bunch is working hard and stepping up. Last week against Lexington they held their own. This was the first time for this team to take the field as a unit and starters. They have to learn on the fly.....no spring games, just what the can get now. I think they have Bruceton this week and Columbia Central next week . Good experience for this inexperienced bunch to get ready for the season.

stat/ddaddy, going to have to rely on you guys to let me know how they do this friday, can't get 2 fridays off in a row. Hope they are healing up, I know watching the game last week, both teams played hard and hit hard. I'm sure both have some that will need some healing. Hope they all get 100% before the season comes around, especially Lewis.....they don't have the depth like the bigger schools and will need the athletes healed for the season. I'll be checking Friday night and sat. morning to see how you did. GOOD LUCK!

I see the parasite "owcoa" returned again He has so much respect for others. He has said one truth in all his rants.......It doesn't help to play down in competition.......look what happened to Maryville last year...they played down to Alcoa and then lost the state.....finally caught up to them "playing down to little ol' Alcoa" :lol::thumb::lol: