Lewis Co. Pre-Season

ddaddy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our varsity offense scored 3 times against their varsity defense. Our defense returned an int. for a TD against their varsity offense. They score 1 TD against our young players. I will say this Bruceton is on their way back. They are a much better football team then the past couple of years. The talent level is a bit down, but their coach has got them playing Tiger football again. They were very aggressive and purpose driven in what they were trying to do. As for the panthers, we were better than the last scrimmage just not there yet. There were a lot of bright spots on both sides of the ball. Sherman ran the ball very well and as a whole the line played better. I think the overall effort and attitude was good. If we could pick up a few extra kids here and there like the privates then we could get over the hump. Wait! WE PLAY WITH WHAT WE HAVE IN OUR COUNTY AND WE LIKE IT THAT WAY! :thumb:

I see the parasite "owcoa" returned again He has so much respect for others. He has said one truth in all his rants.......It doesn't help to play down in competition.......look what happened to Maryville last year...they played down to Alcoa and then lost the state.....finally caught up to them "playing down to little ol' Alcoa"

Funny thing is that Maryville has the 2nd most consecitive wins of any high school football team in the United States. You wanna blame Maryvilles loss to playing us, we have also won 5 consecutive state championships.

I wish we could play Lewis Co. We would set a world record, quickest time the mercy rule has gone into effect in highschool football! :thumb:

Maryville has won 60 straight. How many straight has Lewis Co ever won? :D:lol:8-)

ddaddy.......Didn't make the game, but got to see some film on it. They did look better than the previous week. Course the level of comp. was different, but seen some things on the film that were more positive. I don't know the numbers and who's under them.....but on the film there were a few that stood out ...22,39,28,27. Some big hits were delivered, which was nice to see. That 22 had a wicked cut back aganist the grain for a touchdown and seen a few nice runs that he got yds out of nothing. #15 looked good on his runs. Numbers 28,27 and 39 where giving some hard hits, along with some others can't remember the numbers. Both 'O" and "D" lines showed some promise, which was good to see compared to last week. They did turn it over from what I could tell 4-5 times, which isn't good but can be fixed. I understand they are going to play Columbia Central this coming week.........BIG step up, but great experience. I know I can't make that one, but look forward to hearing how they do. Days are counting down till the first game. Hope they keep up the hard work, going to make an interesting year.

ddaddy/stat.....thanks for the info. Spivey has his bunch looking good, everything I hear on them is positive. Stat how about getting me a copy of the film, like to see some of them, Lewis has a big challenge this year no doubt about it, but there is no lack of effort from what I can see. Like they say "the deck is stacked against them this year", but this bunch will give all they have regardless of the outcome. When I seen them play Lexington, sure there were some mistakes all around, but I seen all out effort no matter what the circumstance was. I know both coaches and players are going through a learning process, but when they all play as one they should do good. Lewis won't be able to just line up and go like the past, they will have to spread it around and open it up, which last week they did open it up some......they didn't seem to spread it around as much as I thought. I still think Lewis is going to pull a few surprises this year, will they go undefeated, probably not but it won't be from lack of effort...that is a fact. Injury few year would be their best friend, not that deep in talent from what I can tell, not putting anyone down, but when first string was out or resting the talent level to the next wasn't quite up to the first string. Once again thanks for the updates.........I hope Lewis has a great year and surprises a few. :thumb:

They have scrimmaged Lexington (4a now) Bruceton (1a/2a) and have Columbia Central this week (5a) So they have gotten alittle bit of everything. Plus they did a 7 on 7 with Riverdale. They had no spring scrimmages this past spring. For the first time this group has taken the field till now they have grown. Winning or losing they have taken it and learned. They know they are in a dogfight this year with the new District. They don't worry about playoffs.....its one game at a time and at the end if they are in the playoffs they will do the same. For such a young bunch and the lack of experience they have shown they will play hard. Can they match up talent with all......probably not. Can they match up Effort...yep and more. They have some problems on this rebuilding, but each week they can only improve. Don't know how they will do this year.....I suspect better than most think, but they will play hard every down quarter, half and game. That is one thing you can mark down. Injuries might be the biggest threat for them, depth isn't there "YET".

Found my answer on the district 12 board........sounds like they did awesome! They are improving each time. Great job Lewis! 1 - 1 against a 5a is impressive...now don't get the big head.......LOL. Sounds like everything and all the hard work is turning in to.......instead of rebuilding year to a reloading one......again Congrads to that young bunch.....keep up the good work. BTW.........no injuries I hope.

Having Ammons back was a huge boost on both sides of the ball. He makes us much better as a team. Graham had a good scrimmage with some big hits and continues to get better and better. We moved the ball the entire scrimmage, but we have to do away with the turnovers. All 4 backs ran really well and Sherman’s ball fakes was exceptional. Couch had his best scrimmage and seemed to control their tackle on defense. I felt better about our team after yesterday.