District 4 AAA

LCityplayer

You need a new source in Vegas.

I'll go with this:

1) Maryville (no doubt...they looked good WITHOUT Maples this summer)

2) Heritage

3) Bearden/Farragut

4) Farragut/Bearden (Bearden's style frustrates people)

5) West

6) William Blount (darkhorse)

7) Lenoir City

8) Catholic

From what I've heard/seen.....

1) Maryville looked like a different team in the summer.

2) Heritage is still talented and can shoot the ball.

3) Bearden plays tough defense. They win a lot of ugly games and that just wears on teams, especially at this age.

4) Farragut has Newby who is very tough. I think 3/4 is out of Bearden and Farragut...could go either way.

5) West is athletic and seems to be coached pretty well. They bring a different look to this district.

6) Blount is getting there....I've seen them look very, very good, especially on offense.

7) LC .... well, there is some talent there but I haven't seen them put it together. Internal strife on the bench and in the stands.

8) Catholic.....great facilities. :flower: We'll see what the next recruiting class looks like next year.

I agree with a lot of your points and disagree with a few

1. Maryville will be the team to beat this year.....With two players that big it will be hard to match up

2. Bearden's "style" frustrated people last year because you had Hearst on Defense swatting balls left and right and Sanders knocking down threes.....those two are gone..we will see if the style still works

3. Farragut's Newby is the only returning starter...however they have a blonde guard that is super athletic and the whole team seems to play defense

4. Heritage will really miss Maples....Burnette can't do it on her own..and I think Thomas will be missed more than people think...however if they are hitting 3's then they are big time trouble

I think the (2,3,4) is a total toss up between Bearden, Heritage, and Farragut....i would put Bearden closer to 4 because they have been riding Sanders and Hearst for 4 straight years..its going to be an adjustment

Look out for WB.....great small guards

West will really miss Erica Lane...changes the dynamic of that team

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
You need a new source in Vegas.

I'll go with this:

6) William Blount (darkhorse)

6) Blount is getting there....I've seen them look very, very good, especially on offense.

This is the same William Blount team that lost to Catholic's girls by double digits at Lenoir City's summer camp? And scored less than 30 points as an entire team. The best recruiters in this area live in Blount County lol.

that was WB's jv that lost to catholic's varsity at LC team camp. WB's varsity went undefeated at LC team camp.

The Irish played mostly freshman themselves. KCHS started 4 of them if I remember correctly. Why would the varsity head coach, coach the jv team at a summer camp, because he did coach them during that particular game. Who knows, who cares. The big girl for WB was a JV player, then, you guys must be loaded with size on the varsity. I guess you will be a darkhorse this year. What does Heritage have? Coach Howard seems to always have a good program and good players.

that was WB's jv that lost to catholic's varsity at LC team camp. WB's varsity went undefeated at LC team camp.

The Irish played mostly freshman themselves. KCHS started 4 of them if I remember correctly. Why would the varsity head coach, coach the jv team at a summer camp, because he did coach them during that particular game. Who knows, who cares. The big girl for WB was a JV player, then, you guys must be loaded with size on the varsity. I guess you will be a darkhorse this year. What does Heritage have? Coach Howard seems to always have a good program and good players.

Well does Catholic have anything other than Freshman? aren't they hanging all their hopes on this Freshman recruiting class? I saw that game and it was definitely WB-JV and Catholic played the same lineup they always played.... so I genuinely do not get excited about camp games..however, in this situation the Varsity Catholic team beat a JV WB team... Don't sleep on William Blount they are going to sneak up on a lot of people this year and make a push for 4 or 5 MARK IT DOWN!

Heritage has a loaded bunch of guards...however they will miss Maples a TON!! its all on Burnett and their 3point shooting.

The District is totally wide Open this Year!! Maryville the favorite to win hands down..anything after that is anyones guess

Well does Catholic have anything other than Freshman? aren't they hanging all their hopes on this Freshman recruiting class? I saw that game and it was definitely WB-JV and Catholic played the same lineup they always played.... so I genuinely do not get excited about camp games..however, in this situation the Varsity Catholic team beat a JV WB team... Don't sleep on William Blount they are going to sneak up on a lot of people this year and make a push for 4 or 5 MARK IT DOWN!

Heritage has a loaded bunch of guards...however they will miss Maples a TON!! its all on Burnett and their 3point shooting.

The District is totally wide Open this Year!! Maryville the favorite to win hands down..anything after that is anyones guess

I heard Bearden is loaded too. LC has some talent.

Bearden has lost a lot of players during the fall. Not only have they lost Hirst and Ricky, but they have had many girls quit during fall ball. About five girls quit.

Also they didn't have any freshman try out from the feeder schools. They had a girl from out of state who moved to the area that tried out. that's the only freshman though.

Bearden has lost a lot of players during the fall. Not only have they lost Hirst and Ricky, but they have had many girls quit during fall ball. About five girls quit.

Also they didn't have any freshman try out from the feeder schools. They had a girl from out of state who moved to the area that tried out. that's the only freshman though.

Is this True? Who were the girls that quit? As long as it wasn't Jai Jai, Ellen, Shayla or Cravanis (sp) then im pretty sure they will be OK.

If anyone else has heard about this then chime in...this could really change the top half of the District and open the door for some other teams to sneak in

Talked to a couple people who are closer to the program than I am...

They did lose a few that quit...none were starters...not sure if they were good enough to improve to a starter. Nobody was sure on the number.

As far as players coming in, they all said to wait 'til practice begins and we'll know more. If no players came in from middle school, will they even have a 9th grade team and a JV? I'm in the dark on this part.

That's not really answering anything but figured I'd report what I heard.