Fulton and AE vs Motown West and Motown East

Turtle

it's 21-18 Mo. East right now late in the 3rd qt. The Hurricanes' offense has yet to even get the field in the 3rd qt. because Howell had back to back kickoff returns

Howell did everything for this team last year. Played QB, RB, WR, DB. Had a 7.9 YPC last year and is picking up from where he left off last year. This kid has to get looked at by some D-1 schools

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, The Howell kid is amazing. I couldn't believe he took 2 Kick offs back. I mean, I was in shocked just like the rest of the Knoxville fans. But you also have to take your hat off to DJ Oggs #15, AE's soon to be starting QB. He showed a lot of leadership in the 2nd half and carried his team to victory. I mean he made the difference in this game. Then the other sophomores Curtis King #32 and Cordy Cox #22 WHOA NELLIE these Sophomores are going to be something by the time they leave AE..

That was a great ballgame and with how we played against the talent level we faced, I like our outlook this season. The AE band was great. Oggs is a great player and the 2 so. kids are the real deal. Good luck this year to the roadrunners and hoped you enjoyed your trip to Motown.

Howell is a great looking athlete....don't know exactly where he would project at the college level, but he is versatile enough to play either side, kind of reminds me of the Teague kid at Tennessee. Also his running style reminds me of former Cane Anthony Span only in a bigger package.

Lots of athletes on both teams, and a great high school game, great setting as well....Burke-Toney stadium is one of the better venues in East Tennessee to watch high school football. The decision to install turf was a good one as the field was a mud pit by mid-season in years past.

Way to go Falcons! Proud of their effort and tough fight for the win! #1 D-Man is the real deal...unstoppable at times! Watch out for #2 Steven Allen and very talented athlete and a great kid! Motown West was tough and BIG! Great effort! Falcons were able to take advantage of mistakes on Motown's part! WAY TO GO FALCONS!

Congrats on your win AE! Ok there I said it Turtle. That's about all you're gonna get outta me! By the way...GO FALCONS! I know you can hear me-I will ALWAYS make sure you can hear me!

Welcome back 4mysister and Really I can't hear you but I heard you loud and clear after your ball game. :thumb: But Congratulations to your Falcons as well.

I agree with you DMan will be the man for your Falcons this year. The only thing I heard at church today from some of the Falcons players that attend my church, "If Howell can run 2 back on yall, you already know DMAN is going to run 3 back." Haha they're talking stuff already and the AE vs Fulton game is still 2 weeks away.

Mr. Allen from GA. I like the Allen kid, I told you when i saw him in the 7-0n-7 passing league at Maryville, I became a fan of his. He's the type of player Fulton needs. I mean, I do wish he was on the other side in that Columbia Blue and Scarlet Red but he's not but still he's a good player.

Howell, the kid is just awesome! There's nothing else to say about him.

The stadium: I thought I was at a College game! It was a fun place to be watching some Football..

The only thing I heard at church today from some of the Falcons players that attend my church, "If Howell can run 2 back on yall, you already know DMAN is going to run 3 back." Haha they're talking stuff already and the AE vs Fulton game is still 2 weeks away.

Turtle,

Just tell them that some of them should know how it feels. They have had three returned on them in one game. One kickoff and 2 punt returns in there season opener last year.

Not to take away from the Morristown East kid, but I also heard that AE had a special teams breakdown one both. They only had 10 kids on the field.

Number 10 and 2 for Morristown had some wheels on them. Morristown East fans are going ot have fun watching them this year.

It was a great game to watch, especially for a opening game.

Nah, I'm not going to talk.. I know for sure AE has a lot to work on. Special Teams, yeah that should be the main concern for practice today. Melt Down isn't the word for it, it was just coaching and Coach Graham has already took the blame for the mishap. But i'm looking forward to watching the Roadrunners the rest of the season.

But what's up with the band leaving Early? :geek: Come on Ms. Brice, it was just sprinkling!!!

AE fans, looking forward to ya'll coming to the Nest on Friday night. I don't know much about you, what can we expect? Strengths, Weaknesses players to watch (please give number) etc. The Owls looked good for a first game Friday night at Tyner.

The Defense was great, with many team picture tackles on running plays and a lot of pressure during passing plays. Did not see any blown assisgnments, but I did not have the greatest viewing point for half the field.

Special teams were for the most part great, except for a few bad snaps. John Long our kicker has a great leg and only one kick-off had the potential to be returned.

Offense was ok. Straight ahead running by #43 and #44 worked great all night. Anything wide was hit or miss. It looked like the blocking was there, it just looked to me like the backs were a little slow on making the cuts. Pass blocking was fair at best. We only tried 6 passes (I think) so there is not a lot to judge. QB seemed to have pressure on those 6 though.

All in all not a bad week 0. There is a thread already started in the Class AAA section or I can come back here. Have a safe trip down.