Bradley Bears Week 0? How will they look against 3A Polk?

Coach J

hey let me ask yall a question: How much of the loss was players and how much was coaching ? I was just wandering what out side opinion would be . thanks I know conditiong was a factor.

im gonna be honest with my opinion, bradley could have spanked us if the coaching was better... it seemed like we ran the same play over and over again but it worked so why run somethin different?.. and the bears had talent in plenty of places but they were hard nosed one play then took a few plays off it seemed like.. once again that comes down to coaching and pride from the players... polk was the better team by far and even we had some coaching boofs but stuff happens.. i just hope that polk will just learn from this game and get ready for the chargers!!!!

congrats to polk im so glad the wildcats won, i really wasnt looking forward to readin everything on here if we lost.. but i think the bears showed a lot of respect after the game, and that is much appreciated.. the little outfits the bears fans had on in the spirit line were funny, it made the people who were wearin them look dumb as h**l after the game... great game to watch very intertaining!!! good luck to the bears for the rest of the season

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is how it went. Polk came out a little flat. Bradley put two 2d's on us. Then after that Polk got fired up and smashed them in the mouth. Typical of a Polk team when faced with adversity they just summon up there hearts and play with ten times more heart than the other team. Well fought game both sides looked good. Polk looked better :thumb:. But i will give it to the Bradley boys they may be a force to be reckoned with up there in 6A. Gotta remember Polk is almost guranteed playoff bound every year so with that said Bradley fought well but like i said this game got way blown up because of the school size difference. Polk was the better team by far.

Unless Polk County can run around Bradley, they are going to have problems...

Polk's offensive line averages around 210 lbs, and unless everyone is going both ways(which is a different problem entirely) their defensive line is going to be average well under 200.

Bradley can easily field a line averaging closer to 280, with at least one of the guys pushing 300. It's going to be tough for Polk to find any room to maneuver in the middle... or tough the Bradley backs before they pick up 3-4 yards.

Could you have been more wrong? All that hype for that "big, strong line" of BC..... The "manhandlers"...apparently pushing around a barbell is easier than pushing around a Wildcat.

Great game by both sides, only one turnover, and it was at the end of the half, that says alot for week 0 and the fact that the field was wet. Limited penalties from both squads, (it would be nice to see BC eventually make it through a game without an unsportsmanlike penalty)

Good luck to both teams

Yeah, they are big and strong(in the weight room) But we are talking about 16-18 year old kids. They are so out of shape its not funny! is it all their fault , no , coaches are just as much to blame. I will admit i was wrong. I have been watching Polk football for 20 years, and i knew they would be tough , I thought the players understood that polk plays all out on every play. But again i was wrong . But to exclaim that polk was the better team by far, is a stretch.Friday they were the better team 20-13 is not a whipping by any standard. Good luck to coach Davis and the Wildcats