CAK @ Grace

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really interstead in this game because i have herd several different things about grace!? but if i know bradley he has the Warriors more then ready... the only ting that scares me is the wing T... we have just had problems in the past with letting big plays out of!! usally its a 2 to 3 yard game...but then opponents may bust 2 big plays for TD...i think this defense for the warriors is experienced and i believe once they get the first game jitters out of the way!! i look for the Warriors to come out strong and i say when by close to 24 points!!!! GO Warriors !!!

the only ting that scares me is the wing T... we have just had problems in the past with letting big plays out of!! usally its a 2 to 3 yard game...but then opponents may bust 2 big plays for TD...

Grace didn't run the wing-t at the Jamboree as far as I could tell. I mean, it's for sure not the wing-t that Webb runs so I wouldn't worry too much because there aren't many in this area that can run the wing-t like Webb does. They have run it for 20+ years and add wrinkles here and there but it's their execution that makes it work as well as it does without ever having huge o-lines.

I heard this too but I didn't hear it as a certainty, only speculation. I hope that both teams have all of their starters available, are focussed, and ready to go. May the best team win!

As far as the wing T is concerned, I will second the fact that Webb executes the Wing T as well or better than anyone I've ever seen. CAK for instance had no trouble with a much bigger (old 4A) in Cherokee (wing T) in 2007 and 2008 winning both by around 20 points. The key IMO was Webb's execution and athletes in both of those years. They had 2 seniors who could fly in 2007, and of course the 150 pound dynamo in Blance last year. It is yet to be seen if Grace has the kind of athletes that can do the same. CAK's cover 3 defense has served well for the most part, but if the RB gets through the DL and the LB's, there is one safety to beat instead of 2. This has resulted in some plays that should have been 10-20 yards becoming 60 yard TD's.

I do believe this front 8 is going to be very strong. But we also have to have good play out of our 3 DB's on run support as well. I believe this will be the case with our starting 11. #6 (preseason all state) does very well coming up on the run. #35 who played a good bit of safety last year if memory serves can hit and runs well, and #23 can fly and has really impressed me with his tackling / hitting. If this defense can stay healthy and continues to grow I believe it can be special.

I heard today that the D-1 receiver for Grace cannot play Friday night, can someone confirm this?

Wasn't there some sort of issue with him late last year in the playoffs. Was he ejected for fighting or unsportsmanlike conduct? I'm having vague memories of that and if so, the game suspension penalties, if he had any, would carry forward to this year.

I heard today that the D-1 receiver for Grace cannot play Friday night, can someone confirm this?

Wasn't there some sort of issue with him late last year in the playoffs. Was he ejected for fighting or unsportsmanlike conduct? I'm having vague memories of that and if so, the game suspension penalties, if he had any, would carry forward to this year.

That was the story I heard, thanks for the info.

Just some early week thoughts:

1)its my understanding, unless there is some kind of appeal, the #5 for Grace is suspended the first game of this season due to being ejected from their last playoff game. Last year he played TE and LB. He's good, but if he plays, bring it on. He is no Tyler Robinson (Alcoa).

2)its hard not to play the game until Friday, but the players and fans have to pace ourselves, if not, we'll all be a mess by Friday night. :popcorneater:

3)should be an excellent contest. I hope Pujo is right and the Warriors lay it on the Rams, but that funny shaped ball bounces in odd directions.

4)I don't belive Grace can consistantly move the ball on the ground against our front 8. Our Dline will surprise people this year, strong, fast, and aggressive. LB's are solid and could prove to be one of the best groups of LB's collectively CAK has had if they continue on the pace they've set this preseason and if they avoid injury. That leaves the secondary to step up and make plays when Grace passes. The DB's are capable, but it is time to show improvement over what has happened in some of our scrimmages. Getting a healthy group on the field will help.

5)I'm confident that the offense will move the ball, but we must do better with ball security from our RB's and receivers or it is going to get us beat. There have been a few key penalties in scrimmages that hurt as well. The Oline is good. Grace will have to bring a lot of people to get pressure on Epperly. And if they don't account for him running, he can make them pay with some pretty impressive speed.

6)Grace is capable and motivated, can't take them lightly.

Thats all for now, I'm trying to take my own advice (#2 above) :popcorneater:

ya it is very hard to not play the game before hand and this game is shaping up to be a good one from what i am hearing on coacht!! butt if i was to judge off the history of the schools i would say CAK wins!! but as we all know there is nothing that can be predicted!! it is really just who wants to show up or shut up for friday night!! but i see cak coming out strong and look for quinn to establish his self as cak next qb

The issue with no. 5 from Grace does stem from last year I was at the playoff game with Greenback and he pulled one of his typical outrages and took a few swings at a Greenback player when things got rough and wasnt going his way and he was ejected so im sure he is sitting out the first game for that reason

The issue with no. 5 from Grace does stem from last year I was at the playoff game with Greenback and he pulled one of his typical outrages and took a few swings at a Greenback player when things got rough and wasnt going his way and he was ejected so im sure he is sitting out the first game for that reason

If that is the case, I'm glad he's not playing. I sure don't want someone taking a swing at our guys for more than one reason. Sometimes the guy who swings back is the one that gets noticed and we need everyone available for the second game too!

I hope the young man from Grace has learned his lesson and matured since last year. Hopefully he can still play with passion but know where to draw the line.

It's awfully quiet from the Grace side. Has a gag order been handed down to fans and parents?