Hampton scrimmage

dawgbacker

Pujo thank you very much for the up-dates. You know when school starts back more kids show up. But for the most part I think Coach Lunsford pretty well has his team and from what I hear, all his key players back. He is a good coach and I expect to hear big things about him and Hampton this year.

I did hear Logun Shell earned his spot back. Some one emailed me and said he had had surgery in May and wasn't release by his doctor till July 21. Any way keep me posted on Hampton!!!

I was looking over the 2007 roster for Hampton and the only big lineman not there right now would be Mario Pahuamba. But you have to stay in shape this day and time to play football. Big doesn't mean strong. Best of luck to your brother Pujo.....I am always rooting for his team!!

The good thing for Mario if he comes back is that Hampton still has 3 weeks before the first game.He could be a big asset. I also hear that logan Shell has looked really good since returning. Also heard some new kid was playing that was a heck of a blocking back. I guess it will all get sorted out in the next 3 weeks. Alot of comp for starting jobs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo thank you very much for the up-dates. You know when school starts back more kids show up. But for the most part I think Coach Lunsford pretty well has his team and from what I hear, all his key players back. He is a good coach and I expect to hear big things about him and Hampton this year.

I did hear Logun Shell earned his spot back. Some one emailed me and said he had had surgery in May and wasn't release by his doctor till July 21. Any way keep me posted on Hampton!!!

I was looking over the 2007 roster for Hampton and the only big lineman not there right now would be Mario Pahuamba. But you have to stay in shape this day and time to play football. Big doesn't mean strong. Best of luck to your brother Pujo.....I am always rooting for his team!!

The good thing for Mario if he comes back is that Hampton still has 3 weeks before the first game.He could be a big asset. I also hear that logan Shell has looked really good since returning. Also heard some new kid was playing that was a heck of a blocking back. I guess it will all get sorted out in the next 3 weeks. Alot of comp for starting jobs.

Taylor Edwards wasnt there tonight but Bradly Mizzel stepped up and did a good job at blocking back

Even though Hampton was without 4 starters tonight, it didn't seem to hender them all that much. Sounded like they played really well. I've got a feeling Hampton will be ready by the 28th.Good job Dogs

A good showing for the future as the JV,s hung right with Tri Cities varsity.

Well I heard we scrimmaged south green friday. How did the dogs come out on this scrimmage?

Hampton was without 4 starters and they dominated. Shows they have some quality depth or even some new starters. Depth is going to be a plus for this years team.

i cant wait for Aug.28th johnson co wont no what hit them

How did SG look did they have any impressive players?

I wasn't there, but I do know they got took to the woodshed., From seeing them a couple of times before, I know they have a very good receiver,I'm sure they have a few more good players. Its hard to standout when you are getting beat on both sides of the ball. I'm sure they will be allright.

Did hampton have any standout players friday? I hear they are spreading the responsibilities out pretty well. I was told it pretty hard to tell whos getting the ball when their on ofence.

I'm sure their were some standouts but with this team, it could change from night to night. I think the coaches were pretty well pleased with the whole team. The jvs were pretty impressive. Having to go against Hamptons first team will make men out of them in a hurry.

I was at the scrimage and it didn't look like Hampton took South Greene to the woodshed. Both teams scored more than once so what are you calling the woodshed? Hampton did a good job, but I wouldn't say they dominated them. I thought the SG QB did a heck of a job, he sure can take a hit and give one too!

I was at the scrimmage Friday, and honestly, it looks like Hampton is just toying with these teams. Lunce seems to be working on that spread. If Hampton wanted to score, they would line up in that I, and run it down these teams throats. But there isn't any need for that. What would be the point? This is a time to work on your weaknesses. There were a few hitches, but that is to be expected when you are running the 2 QBs and a new offense. This is the most depth the Dawgs have had in a long time. They are probably not as good as the 05-07 teams in the first 11 players, but they have more quality depth. This team could do big things...