Hampton scrimmage

dawgbacker

I was at the scrimage and it didn't look like Hampton took South Greene to the woodshed. Both teams scored more than once so what are you calling the woodshed? Hampton did a good job, but I wouldn't say they dominated them. I thought the SG QB did a heck of a job, he sure can take a hit and give one too!

I know who was on the field when things happened, when Hampton had the hammer down ,they did pretty well. They did alot of subbing and were without a few key players. They are not where they need to be ,but they are getting better. Still got alot of work to do, but these boys don;t seem to mind work. They should be ready by the 28th.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like them dogs are really putting things together, Pujo. Keep up the hard work!

Good to hear from you SEVEN, Hampton is deffinately going to be a better team this season, but I see several strong teams in their classifacation this season. I'd have you guys at ,or very close to the top. Boyd is a team that scares me quite a bit. Come playoff time ,someone is going to have to run the gauntlet. Maybe ,I'll get to watch you guys again this season.

Sounds like them dogs are really putting things together, Pujo. Keep up the hard work!

Good to hear from you SEVEN, Hampton is deffinately going to be a better team this season, but I see several strong teams in their classifacation this season. I'd have you guys at ,or very close to the top. Boyd is a team that scares me quite a bit. Come playoff time ,someone is going to have to run the gauntlet. Maybe ,I'll get to watch you guys again this season.

the scrimmage against watauga will be a test

Well big Mario did come back, may take a little while to get back where he needs to be. Also hearing there is quite a bit of compitition for starting positions. Some pretty good players may not start ,but depth should be a plus. Looking forward to seeing how they fare against Watauga. Should be a good measuring stick. Watauga is a huge school.

Heard the scrimmage at Watauga went real well, played two different seta of linemen and both bunches did just fine. That will really help as far as resting people ,a luxury most 1a schools just don;t have.

The jv's must have played really well also. Impressive showing for the Bulldods all the way around. Also heard that Watauga was a gracious host. A good bunch to go against.

Heard the scrimmage at Watauga went real well, played two different seta of linemen and both bunches did just fine. That will really help as far as resting people ,a luxury most 1a schools just don;t have.

The jv's must have played really well also. Impressive showing for the Bulldods all the way around. Also heard that Watauga was a gracious host. A good bunch to go against.

The Dawgs looked very impressive against Watauga. They didn't go full 11-on-11, but I thought Hampton pretty much had their way with them. In the 7-on-7's, Hampton broke about 6 or 7 TD runs, and I can only remember Watauga having 1 TD run. They just couldn't move the ball on Hampton's front 7. TJ Lyons seemed like he was in the backfield every play. Watauga's coach was even congratulating him at one point. Taylor broke some long runs and I don't think anybody can stop Edwards from gaining at least 5 yards. He's huge and always falls forward. Price looked very good at RB too. Impressive showing...

The Dawgs looked very impressive against Watauga. They didn't go full 11-on-11, but I thought Hampton pretty much had their way with them. In the 7-on-7's, Hampton broke about 6 or 7 TD runs, and I can only remember Watauga having 1 TD run. They just couldn't move the ball on Hampton's front 7. TJ Lyons seemed like he was in the backfield every play. Watauga's coach was even congratulating him at one point. Taylor broke some long runs and I don't think anybody can stop Edwards from gaining at least 5 yards. He's huge and always falls forward. Price looked very good at RB too. Impressive showing...

i cant wait till the 28th johnson co will have a game on there hands

i cant wait till the 28th johnson co will have a game on there hands

So will Hampton, Johnson Co will come to play.Confidence is a good thing, cockiness will get you humbled.