Fall High School League in Tri-Cities

Gabby

we to are looking for a fall leauge to play in and have had no luck in finding a team. we would greatly appreciate any information anyone has in helping us locate a team in east tn wheter it be a leauge or a travel team. i hear theres a team called The EDGE out of j.c. or kingsport but have been unable to find anyone who knows how to reach a player or coach. we got about 4 or 5 players wanting to play , all are solid players with good sticks. 1st baseman, 2nd baseman and both are pretty good pitchers and one of em has lots of junk. a catcher with consistent 1.9 pop times to second and blocks the ball great. another kid who throws low 80"s with alot of high school games under his belt. catcher and junk ball 2nd baseman are fast and good baserunners. help finding any or all of em a team would be greatly appreciated .

Hey Greeneco sportsfan. I'm not sure of the exact TSSAA rules but you got five greene count teams. I know you can't play your regular team. I think it can't be more than 5, but why not divide these teams up, wear a t-shirt and play some baseball. I have seen the fields. North Greene looks great and West Greene is usually in pretty good shape. Rodgers does a great job out their but I haven't seen his field. Chuckey Doak should start now getting ready for the season cause its rough and of course Parks and rec manages G'villes. No to make a long story short, only one Green county team made it deep into the post-season and the rest went home in the Districts. WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO PLAY FALL BALL? No team has anything to prove except NG cause at the beginning of last year they were not that great of a team. So they worked hard. I am posing this challenge to all of greene co. GET YOUR BUTTS TO WORK in the fall and you will be better!!!

There will be a Fall League in the Tri-Cities - the information is being finalized and will probably be announced in the schools next week. All of the local high school coaches will have the information. The program will be sponsored by the Edge with some very exciting things that we will announce next week. The concept will be to play for six weeks starting on Sept 8. every Tuesday and Thursday. We plan to have 8 teams and will strictly abide by all TSSAA rules that will allow only 5 players from one school on a team. We hope that this will give every player that wants to play this fall a opportunity to do so.

thanks spartan1 for the info on the fall ball. as for the sportsfan93 challenge partner i agree 100percent but most everybody is playing football now. but just be patient a year or two there is a greene co team or maybe 2 teams that will go deep in the tournaments unless the wheels fall off . south greene and west greene have several freshman and sophmores from last year that were starters and i one from wg and two from sg were selected all conference. once again thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

We are very excited to announce the 2009 plan for this fall baseball program. The Edge working with ETSU has developed a program that will be very beneficial to the player and fun as well. We will use Broyles and Roller fields in the Liberty Bell complex (SHHS) same as last year.

Beginning on Sept 8 games will be played every Tuesday and Thursday for 6 weeks- ending on October 15. We plan to have eight teams, the teams will be coached by the ETSU players. The ETSU coaching staff will be observing and providing an instruction session before every game. All area high school coaches should have complete information including cost for the students, however the coaches will not be allowed to pay for or participate at any of the league games.

The deadline for entry is September 1, 2009 - so tell you players to talk to their coaches.