MBA@Smyrna

Bulldog86

I just got back from the scrimmage. The score was 28-10 Smyrna when I left. With the 1's, the score was 21-10 Smyrna. Smyrna looked very good offensively. QB looked very sharp. Very athletic WR's made some great catches. (2 for TDs) The running game looked good, even when Bryson was out of the game. D. Brown had several strong runs and a third back (don’t know the name) did well with the 1's. Smyrna pretty much moved the ball at will on the ground and through the air.

MBA look great!!! They are a very impressive team walking off the bus. They ran their boot plays very well from different formations. It looked as if they could run it all day with success but Smyrna's D was very physical and stepped up when they needed to.

All and all it was 2 very strong programs out there but it look as though Smyrna was a bit more athletic and physical today.

Pretty Strong Showing for the Bulldogs!! :thumb:

Thanks for the report 86.

It sounds like a good year is in store for Smyrna again; great program!

I am concerned that MBA has struggled in two scrimmages against other established powers; I take a little solace in the fact that both Smyrna and Riverdale have great programs year in and year out, and they are both elite programs. Hopefully, the Big Red will use these games to adjust its intensity level and speed of the game as we head into the season.

Hit the Red Gate Running, boys!

I just got back from the scrimmage. The score was 28-10 Smyrna when I left. With the 1's, the score was 21-10 Smyrna. Smyrna looked very good offensively. QB looked very sharp. Very athletic WR's made some great catches. (2 for TDs) The running game looked good, even when Bryson was out of the game. D. Brown had several strong runs and a third back (don’t know the name) did well with the 1's. Smyrna pretty much moved the ball at will on the ground and through the air.

MBA look great!!! They are a very impressive team walking off the bus. They ran their boot plays very well from different formations. It looked as if they could run it all day with success but Smyrna's D was very physical and stepped up when they needed to.

All and all it was 2 very strong programs out there but it look as though Smyrna was a bit more athletic and physical today.

Pretty Strong Showing for the Bulldogs!! :thumb:

Dakota Brown having a strong run is an understatement ! He actually broke a tackle at the line of scrimmage and ran over a line backer for about a 15yd gain. I saw him do the same thing in practice last

week .

The third back was #3 Kece Fleming .His little brother Tre looked good also.

Bolth qtr backs looked sharp and recievers like #7 Woodered ,#4 jenkins and #23 Watts made some great catches. I will be glad to see lineman jackson back on the field.