Blackman Football

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they looked very impressive tonight against Gallatin. Especially the 1st team. I did not get to see them against BGA but it sounded promising. We are definitely in a tough region but I believe we could be as good as any of them. We will definitely be no pushover. QB play looked great tonight from all the QB's. Running back play was great from at least 3 running backs and WR play looked much improved. Our offense is definitely going to be better. The question to me is how good is the defense going to be. I believe it will be good but maybe not as good as last years. Overall, a much better team this year than last year.

Their first team was OUTSTANDING tonight.

I thought Collier was his usual steady self.

Smith looked great in the zone read scheme.

#6 made a great over the shoulder catch on a TD bomb from Collier.

#4 ran the ball well downhill

#11 and #34 made some really big sticks early in run support.

The backup QB #18 was REALLY sharp too.......was probably 4-6 for about 45 yards against some of Gallatin's big guns.

This team looks a lot like Shad's teams from Smyrna back in the late 1990's - Early 2000's.....back when he had the Larry Daniels', Todd Russell's, Luke Powell's, Charles Orona's, etc................lots of SPEED out there for the Blaze and he uses them in different ways.

Some spread option/zone read stuff to play to Collier's strengths.

Some spread passing stuff, a lot of what you saw from Sonny and Rod at Smyrna.

And his conventional I-Formation stuff out of 2 and 3 wide.

I have said that this team is a playoff team before tonight......I'm sure of it now, as long as the injury bug doesn't get them. They will have to outscore some people though, as their D is feast or famine...they either stop you cold, or give up big chunks.

Old 7AAA is gonna be a blast this fall.

Im going to have to say im very impressed by the Blackman Blaze.They have beat BGA and Gallatin this week,I know its too early too judge,but Blackman is really impressing me.Has anyone seen them play to agree with me on this??

BGA isnt really know for having great football teams lately, last year was a great year for them but its surely a rebuilding year for them. Gallatin is usually know for having not having the greatest pass defense, they are good but their defense isnt as good as the other teams in Blackman's district.

Now i do think they have a great chance of getting that third playoff berth in the district between Riverdale and siegel, all three of the teams look impressive and to turn some head this year. If they get two wins against these teams in the district; Riverdale, Symrna, and siegel and have a great non-district record they are a shoe in. Or maybe you think they look very impressive because your name is "blackmanfootball23'? :o time will tell.

If you ask me, I wouldn't get to giddy about how they have performed, given who they have scrimmaged.I heard they barely beat Gallatin by two points, and they lost their best defensive players last year in Patton and Bowers.They were all over the field.Maybe they get siegel again, because it is a home game, but Oakland and then a team they have never beaten, Riverdale.Maybe next year, if Shad sticks around.

If you ask me, I wouldn't get to giddy about how they have performed, given who they have scrimmaged.I heard they barely beat Gallatin by two points, and they lost their best defensive players last year in Patton and Bowers.They were all over the field.Maybe they get siegel again, because it is a home game, but Oakland and then a team they have never beaten, Riverdale.Maybe next year, if Shad sticks around

All blackmanfootball23 did was make a comment about Blackman looking impressive. I don't think he proclaimed them state champions yet. Also, Blackmans 1st team dominated Gallatins 1st team 21 - 7 and it looked worse than that. But none of us can really tell by these scrimmages how good or bad a team may be but I would rather look impressive than not look impressive. Also, it is a new era at Blackman. I hope all of Rutherford county continues to disrespect Blackman because it may just come back to bite you and it might just be "this" year.

I agree nothing is guaranteed. I am not even saying Blackman will make the playoffs either. I certainly think they have as good a chance as Siegel, Riverdale, or Lavergne. This district is the toughest in the state in my opinion. Blackman was a playoff team last year in probably any other district in the state. Once again this district looks awesome. Oakland picked to repeat by alot of people. Smyrna picked in the top 10 in the state by some people. Siegel picked to finish tied with Smyrna for 2nd in district by Murphy Fairs magazine. Riverdale looks to be bouncing back from subpar year and some people picking them to contend for district plus they have been impressive in their scrimmages so far this year. There is no reason Blackman shouldn't be in the mix with all of these teams as they were competitive with all of these teams last year and it appears may be better than last year. I don't want to forget or disrespect Lavergne. They were not very good last year but it is a new year and things can change very quickly.