Camden vs. Mckenzie Rival Renewed

Ctownfootball

Well finally we have a thread on the game. I'm a little bias on the outcome so I want comment on that. I haven't heard much about the Lions this year. Do ya'll have alot coming back from last year? Either way it should be a good one. What a way to start a season. I'm sure both of us will be doing a little scouting next Friday at the Jamboree.

Well last years graduating class hit us hard, but we still have an extremely tough team. Micheal Gaskin returns to QB, Dakota Summers is back at TE and DE, Patrick Hassell returns for RB, Wingback, LB, and a few other players both ways. I haven't got the oppurtunity to watch them play yet, but everything I've heard from players/ fans say they're looking good.

How are the Rebels looking this year? Any outstanding players on either side of the ball?

We're poised to have a very good year. We return pretty much our entire team from last year with only losing 6 seniors. All the backfield is back with a new addition that is gonna have a good year. We have 4 in the backfield that can take it the house in a second. The main losses were at LB and the kicking game and we have solved those during the summer. Passing game is very good also with the return of all receivers. In short we return 22 letterman from a semi final team a year ago. I haven't missed a practice or scrimmage yet this year so I'm very up on the rebels. I also have a junior and freshman on the squad which keeps me going. Our scrimmages were with a very good Crocket County team and lost 3-1 and to Lexington which we won 11-2. Both Lex scores were on our 2nd team D. We scored 3 times in the first 5 plays of the scrimmage with 2 80 yard runs and a 50 yard pass so were very versatile in Offense. We have a tougher schedule this year with the addition of ya'll, Westview, Humboldt and TCA which will be a different challenge but I think we can play with any of them. It will be good to visit old foes this year and look forward to seeing new people also.

We at Davidson enjoyed the scrimmage with Camden Friday night. A long way to go for a scrimmage, however, it was still fun. Camden was very respectful as well. Hope you guys have a great season and goodluck with the 6'-3" DE/TE dude.....he was a very nice person/player.

best

DII

Thanks DII...we appreciate you guys making the drive. DA definitely gave our young LBs and DBs something to think about. I don't know if you were talking about Kyle Blackburn or Devon White but they're both gonna be a good ones for us.

Good luck to you this season.

MckenzieDad, thanks for the info, sounds like yall have a strong team now and in years to come. I think this will be a game like the 2004/2005 games. FIlled with intensity from both sides. How many big hitters do yall have, cause we Lion fans love to see knock out slobber Knockin games Ha ha.

DII i hear yall have one awesome back lol, and thanks for the good wishes for our season.

We have a good team. Justin is good....however the lines... both sides and a great D......you guys are known in Nashville for being tough. You guys battled GP for several years. We enjoyed the fun.

No. 79 is huge. You do not need a backer behind him because he can move. Love to see what those big DE/TE do this year. You guys are really good. Make sure the Team knows that.

Good Luck,

DII