SEQUOYAH VS SCOTT COUNTY - WEEK ZERO

bigclittleh

we will find out friday if u all can cover the spread... anyhow the best place to eat in huntsville where scott high is located is by far fireside restraunt.. there is flonnies drive, subway, panda (chinese place), and fireside which is the best. by the looks of it i would guess us old fans in the stadium will need to bring ourselves and our kids some waterproof somethin to keep em from gettin wet.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumdum,

Right now its 4 weeks, basically depends how quick he can heal. Just want to be sure he is ready physically, not just ready in his head. Its really tough on him mentally because he wants to be there so bad. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Gee, that sounds familiar!! Been there, done that. :ph34r:

Just looked at Futurecast on WATE Yourcast Plus. Weather in Huntsville Friday looks like rain in the morning, partly sunny in afternoon and party cloudy from 7pm to midnight. Of course the posters from Huntsville probably have a more local forecast.

My Dawgs of Wartburg have scrimmaged both of these 4a schools. Unless Sequoyah has made vast improvements since spring then this will be a route for Scott. By 2 TDs at least.

banjo,

I like the way you think. I sure hope all those guys at Scott CO think the same way. Maybe they will overlook oh poor sequoyah. As far as your those scrimmages go, we scrimmaged you in the spring and played very uninspired. Not making excuses, we were moving a lot of kids into new positions. I think you will see a much better team than you saw in the spring. Chiefs in a close one 20-17! Go chiefs!!

Sequoyah fans, be sure to pick up your copy of the Maryville Daily Times Saturday morning. They have decided to try to sell more papers in Monroe County so they are extending their sports coverage to include Sequoyah this football season. If you get a chance, contact Leonard Butts, the sports editor at the Daily Times, by phone or e-mail to let him know you appreciate them for picking up Sequoyah. Looking forward to watching a good game tomorrow night, hope both teams play hard and go injury free.

Dumdum,

Sorry to hear about Brandon, that made a big hole to fill. Tell him I wish him the best and can't wait to see him back out there. I have said it before, and I will say it again, you have some fine young men and I know you are very proud of them.

Sequoyah fans, be sure to pick up your copy of the Maryville Daily Times Saturday morning. They have decided to try to sell more papers in Monroe County so they are extending their sports coverage to include Sequoyah this football season. If you get a chance, contact Leonard Butts, the sports editor at the Daily Times, by phone or e-mail to let him know you appreciate them for picking up Sequoyah. Looking forward to watching a good game tomorrow night, hope both teams play hard and go injury free.

Dumdum,

Sorry to hear about Brandon, that made a big hole to fill. Tell him I wish him the best and can't wait to see him back out there. I have said it before, and I will say it again, you have some fine young men and I know you are very proud of them.

I will, and thank you.

well after watchin this game and i can say this...1. the forecast for scott county tonight was 100% of consussions.. chance of broken bones... thunder and lightning strikes about every play.. 2. scott played very sloppy.. alot of dropped passes... had a td called back for a clippin that probably didnt even matter in the play. had a ton of penalty's and still came out with a shutout which in my standards aint to bad.. 3. scott absolutely beat sequoyah down physically... big hit after big hit.... their kids was droppin like flies. looks as if coach shannon puts alot more emphasis on the run game and being physical then coach gillium did... alright red gotta go to york this week. they are known for bad officiating and they hate our guts. get ready work hard and be ready for a fist fight till the last whistle..

Congrats to the Highlanders & Coach Shannon on the win. Got the first one under your belt & hopefully the jitters are under control now. Keep it rolling & go TAKE what is yours. Coach Sharp, good job on the signal calling, didn't get a chance to come to the game (you know how this job is) but listened on the radio. I'll be in touch.

Great game, SCOTT doesn't seem to be too bad this year, although it's too early to tell...Scott played very sloppy and still came out on top, they actually had a couple of plays called back that were very good yard gainers, if they can lay off the penalties, clean up the passing game a bit, and play a little cleaner, we might see them in the playoffs..Good luck in the future season HIghlanders, maybe this will be your time in the playoffs. Anyone agree/disagree?

hey tj u made a statement sayin scott doesnt seem to be to bad this year.. well im my opinion they have a been a good football team for the past 4 years... look at the numbers in the past 2 years they have put up in one of the hardest regions in the state period.. so if u ask me i say they are pretty good.. i would never say they dont seem to be to bad... the past 2 years they have been in every game except catholic and fulton 2 years ago. this past year they was either tied, ahead by 3 or 4, or down by 3 or 4 in about every region game which im sure u know what that region consists of. in my very unimportant opinion scott county is a good football team.