Predictions on the Portland and Trousdale

jacketpride16

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland has a decent team this year, but no one in that regoin will be able to keep up with the Yellow Jackets. They can hurt you in the air or on the ground. They have one of the most balanced attacks I think in the state with T.T. Harper getting the carries and Wesley Satterfield throwing the ball, and also have one of the best coaches in the state. Portland also has a good coaching staff so it will be interesting to see how they will try to defend the many threats of TCHS...and another thing...Does anyone know about the condition of Jordan Brooks? I heard he was shaken up at the game friday and they think he might not get to play this week. If thats the case then it's safe to say p-town has no chance.

[Edited by simplysweetness on 9-16-02 7:44P]

Fan: Imallin hit the nail on the head, although I think the magic number on turnovers may have been seven. In week one, turnovers played a major factor on that setback as well. One particular turnover was a player trying to make a play by returning an interception out of the endzone, only to fumble and have FSHS recover the ball for a touchdown. This came at a time right before half when Portland was leading and I think it was demorilizing, but they continued to fight. Portland was the better team Friday night, but the better team can't win with turnovers. Also correct would be the statement about Trousdale being a better team than Franklin, KY...much more complete. However, Portland continues to fight hard in every game and that is something I, for one, am extremely proud of. If this squad can discipline themselves to do those intangibles, such as getting into the plus side of the turnover ratio, they can be competitive this week. I wish them the best... :rolleyes:

Posted by tbp0137:

Fan: Imallin hit the nail on the head, although I think the magic number on turnovers may have been seven. In week one, turnovers played a major factor on that setback as well. One particular turnover was a player trying to make a play by returning an interception out of the endzone, only to fumble and have FSHS recover the ball for a touchdown. This came at a time right before half when Portland was leading and I think it was demorilizing, but they continued to fight. Portland was the better team Friday night, but the better team can't win with turnovers. Also correct would be the statement about Trousdale being a better team than Franklin, KY...much more complete. However, Portland continues to fight hard in every game and that is something I, for one, am extremely proud of. If this squad can discipline themselves to do those intangibles, such as getting into the plus side of the turnover ratio, they can be competitive this week. I wish them the best... :rolleyes:

Congratulations on last Saturday. ;) You did our school proud! ;)