6AAA, Where do we go from here?

PHargis

Reclassification happened. Great schools have moved from more friendly grounds to grounds which allow them to compete better and maybe not knowing where the newly formed District will take them at this point. Cumberland County, Cookeville, White County, Warren County and Coffee County all have their sports that each excells in but some are in restructuring their staffs and some are just getting ready to start other seasons. News has not been coming out of 6AAA so lets fill each other in. What does it look like this year? I've watched but things are too quiet, not like what normally occurs. Lets hear some happenings.

Well Cumberland will be rebuilding this year after losing 4 starters from last year. And in fact they don't have any seniors this year. By the end of the year they will probably be fine as young players mature but they lost most if not all of their scoring from last year. Epperson is doing a good job with the program and will have them playing hard as always so who knows maybe they can surprise some people.

On the other hand I heard great things about Warren from the summer and most people think they have the second most talent in the district this year. With a new coach it is possible they could be second or third fairly easily. Coffee County struggled this summer and White County did okay from what I heard but is probably still just third in the district.

So going into the season

1. Cookeville - return the best guard combo in the district

2. Warren - new coach and energy and enough talent to help them do great things - I would think most warren fans would be having a parade if they got second

3. White - could battle it out with warren but still third because they lost so much from last year

4. Coffee - bigger and much taller posts and more experience coming back then cumberland

5. Cumberland - could surprise people but who knows with lack of experience and very small team

Well Cumberland will be rebuilding this year after losing 4 starters from last year. And in fact they don't have any seniors this year. By the end of the year they will probably be fine as young players mature but they lost most if not all of their scoring from last year. Epperson is doing a good job with the program and will have them playing hard as always so who knows maybe they can surprise some people.

On the other hand I heard great things about Warren from the summer and most people think they have the second most talent in the district this year. With a new coach it is possible they could be second or third fairly easily. Coffee County struggled this summer and White County did okay from what I heard but is probably still just third in the district.

warren over white county?not so fast my friend!!!

So going into the season

1. Cookeville - return the best guard combo in the district

2. Warren - new coach and energy and enough talent to help them do great things - I would think most warren fans would be having a parade if they got second

3. White - could battle it out with warren but still third because they lost so much from last year

4. Coffee - bigger and much taller posts and more experience coming back then cumberland

5. Cumberland - could surprise people but who knows with lack of experience and very small team

Cookeville. obviously will be good frowhat they return. Great guard play and an endless,it seems ,retooling of long tall players will keep them in the mix. White would like to beat them in anything. This is a great rivalry. Warren could be one of the most interesting stories in the State. I have never seen as many fans pulling for the pioneers this year on both sides of the genders. While last years coaches were superior people, history will tell you that change results from just a need for another outlook and if what you say is correct, the outlook is there. The motivation likely is also. Coffee might be better than you might think. One year of learning the system likely all that this experienced coach might need. Cumberland sounds to be rebuilding but even that has excitement built in. So we'll wait and hear, look and see, hope and react about what will become a very strong district.

• 4 weeks later...

"Coffee might be better than you might think. One year of learning the system likely all that this experienced coach might need."

With all that experience you would think that coach would know to check the TSSAA calendar to find out when practice starts (Oct 26) and would also know the definitions of practice and open gym.