Giles Co @ Cookeville

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Espinsosa for Cookeville was 15/24 for 317 yards passing. :thumb:

It was almost as if there wasn't even a secondary out there. Espinsosa threw at will all night. Not taking away from him but Giles defense looked really bad tonight.

Sounds like neither team had much defense in the 4th Qtr.

Cookeville 17 / Giles 13 in the 4th.

That's a wild 4th Qtr. :thumb:

Hummmm. Lets see. Game is @ Cookeville. Cookeville is 6a. Cookeville has a strong program with excellent coaching staff. Cookeville has more talent and number of players. Word is they are strong with an excellent summer program. They have more size and speed. Looks like the country boys from Giles has their work cut out for them. Being a smaller school, Giles players will have to go both ways. So, fatigue will be a factor for Giles. I'll never bet against Giles so I say a 1 point upset. There you go. Food for thought.... :thumb:

There you go. Not a complete game analysis, but close. Cookeville is a very disciplined team. Very well coached. They did not panic at the end and got the job done. EXCELLENT game by their QB. Best of luck to them the rest of the season.

The rest of the story on Giles. We did not do the things we do best. The offense did not show up until after half time. I believe we were inside the 30 four times in the first half and came away with 6 points. Two field goals. Take one missed field goal, three missed 2 pt conversions, and mix in a host of penalty's; you get a loss to a very good Cookeville team. The defense did fine. Only gave up 7 in the first half. We missed some assignments, but easy fixes.

Future forecast. We lost as a team. Coaches & players. I saw the look in their faces and the looks they were giving each other. They KNOW they can perform better than this. This group leans on each other and are now wounded cats. There wasn't a man that couldn't wait to get started on Sunday. Check back with me after the Lawrenceburg game and tell me I'm wrong. The worst thing that could happen to Giles future opponents just did. A gut check was delivered.