LIBERTY VS HAYWOOD

big_mike0307

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game may be closer than you think, last night against jcm haywood played some of the sloppiest ball I've ever seen from them, they let a lot of big plays go and didn't have any fire or intensity. I'd look for them to greatly improve by the time friday rolls around

Don't forget that, last year, Haywood had to go into overtime to beat an eventual winless JCM. They then went on to a 9-3 season and two deep into the playoffs. Liberty was very impressive in Paris Friday night and if they maintain that same intensity should have a great year. They were probably the best regular season opponent the Pats have faced in the past 2-3 years and I feel that they win this one fairly easily. But don't take the Tomcats lightly-- keep in mind what they did last year.

Haywood had two of its starters out for the game against JCM. There starting fullback/linebacker was knocked out early in the game. I believe this made a difference in their performance against JCM. Haywood has a good team they just have to make plays. What i mean by that is they have to play pitch and catch and not turn the ball over. I would venture to say that Coach Seymore will have them fired up Friday against Liberty.

Haywood had two of its starters out for the game against JCM. There starting fullback/linebacker was knocked out early in the game. I believe this made a difference in their performance against JCM. Haywood has a good team they just have to make plays. What i mean by that is they have to play pitch and catch and not turn the ball over. I would venture to say that Coach Seymore will have them fired up Friday against Liberty.

Snoop59, Haywood sure has some good size athletes, from what I've seen they are there own worst enemy. If they ever get it together they could be very good.

I strongly believe that what you see is what you will get from Haywood the rest of the season based on preseason scrimmages and last nights game.

Dude what is up with the you hating on the Tomcats so much. Everytime there is something dealing with haywood you are just bashing them if they are not just bashing people 40-0. I mean what to you have against haywood seriously. I'm I have seen you start of plenty Ripley threads talking about them, so want you go worry about how your great new coach with his light up the score board offense is going to score more than one touchdown!! Oh wait didn't Ripley beat Northside the last two years with the old coach you used to bash on here. And oh by the way that old coach didn't do to bad last friday either even though it was just frayser but a win is better than getting beat by 30 any day in my book. Back to Haywood They were up 20-6 at halftime dominating from what I was told and in the second half They let JCM return a punt to get back in the game and JCM kicked like a thirty yard field goal to beat them. They also almost had 400 yds of offense. They are a good football team just got to get a few things ironed out is what it sounds like to me. The game friday will be alot closer than most think, Liberty is a good football team with plenty of athletes and so does haywood they will be ready just wait and see.

Whats up is I have nothing against Haywood I'm just calling it like I see it and that Haywood will not be the powerhouse that so many people expect them to be. I guess you missed or over looked my post where I stated that Haywood has plenty of talent but something is wrong and I just couldn't figure it out or you may only notice the post where you think I'm bashing Haywood. I think that any team that hang in with them through the 2nd quarter and finish strong can come away with a W which is what matters at the end of the game and not how big of a margin or what mistake came about for them to get it or certain starters didn't play thats all apart of the game. You are correct about beating NS with the old coach and loosing to them with the new coach not to take anything away from NS new coaching staff and the improvements they've made, but I bet my bottom dollar that you or no one else outside of Ripley fans picked them to win or be anywhere near a powerhouse... I also quess you missed my post where I stated that Ripleys receivers need a lot of work and not anywhere close to where they need to be, and I think thats what they need to win games. As far as the new coach goes I'm still happy we have him for all the reasons I stated in earlier post. GO BIG PURPLE...