Seymour @ CAK

FootballDad

It will a grat test to Seymours D-backs. The past few yeas that has been their weakness. This year is the best D-backs we have had in a while. Seymours D-line will have to get after the qb. Nick Smith will have to have a big game which I think he will cause he hasn't met anyone that could stop him yet. If the D-backs can get some big shots on them recievers early to try to get in their head cause Cak has a great recieving group.

Seymours keys to winning

1.No turnovers

2.Be hysical

3.Pressure Qb

Caks

1.No turnovers

2.Offensive line

3.Big plays

OK tnfootball4, I think it's time for you to give it up for the CAK offensive line. From where I was watching the game I think Nick Smith had a grand total of ONE tackle. I also think we can chalk this one up as being able to stop him. I was a little surprised to see Nick line up at DT/DE and not at NT. Is this a normal move for him or was he moved because he wasn't dominating our center??? Not too sure.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be interested to watch the Seymour NT vs. the CAK center. That could very well be one of the best OL / DL match ups I've watched. It sounds like the NT is quite an athlete, and the CAK center is a great player. We will see, my prediction is that the Seymour NT will have some plays, but he will have his hands full. Of course, the center has to concentrate on a good clean snap to the QB, particularly important in the shotgun that CAK uses, so he can't exclusively concentrate on pass / run blocking. I think CAK has the right man for the job.

I will be interested also to see what CAK does for punting tomorrow night. We only had one punt last week, but I suspect that will be different against a tough Seymour defense.

I am also intrigued by the match up of CAK's passing attack against Seymour's D. Do they have the team speed to contain CAK's WR's and backs?

So what did you think Govols???? I think Stevie Football had one heck of game!

Well JD, great game by #67! I don't want to take anything away from Seymour's DL. They played tough and were big. But quite frankly, CAK's OL handled the pressure and gave #2 time to find his targets. I will have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I was also impressed that on top of handling the nose tackle, the snaps were consistently good.

By no means all inclusive, but a few observations:

I would call this game a great team effort. OL again gave the QB time, and when the rain poured, they open up some seams for the backs to get through. #67 completely handled the all region nose tackle. #23 looked very good again at the "A" back. #8 was also very impressive at the "A" tonight; got through the line in a hurry and ran hard. Ball security was much better by the backs. #22 continues to impress me with not only his blocking, but also pass catching and running. Great to see #21 have a good game tonight; that TD catch in the back of the end zone was a big time play in my book. #27 has turned into a solid middle of the field threat. Took another really hard hit tonight and still held on to the ball. Tough kid. #15 is amazing. Great night at receiver, and that punt return was unreal. #2 had a very good night against a tough "D" and he is only going to get better and better. Some of the Seymour coaches were talking to me on the way out about just how good he was.

On Defense, the play of the night was the interception for a TD by #18. Great hands, great balance, and great instincts. I fully expected (in my earlier posts) that Seymour would be better on offense than last week indicated, and I saw that tonight. But overall, our D made play after play. Great job by #7 stepping in. #23 can do it all. Great job on defense, offense, punting, punt returns.....What an athlete! Congratulations to the Warriors on a quality win. :roflol:

CAK 35 / Seymour 6

Thoughts about the game:

Nice of the weather to cooperate, with the exception of a brief but heavy rain in the 2nd half. Very nice crowd lastnight. Probably the biggest home crowd in the last few years. Festive atmosphere, loved the smell of the burgers grilling at the new concession stand :?: Unique, exciting, and safe jump by the skydiver bringing in the game ball. The field & stadium looked great.

Now to the football: I had heard about how big and physical Seymour was, but they didn't seem so big after playing West in the jamboree or Boyd Buchanan last year, and Alcoa every year. They're not small, just not as big as I expected. They were physical at times, but only in stretches. Our guys have become accustomed to playing against bigger teams. You don't have to be the biggest to be the most physical, and our guys are showing that with a lot of heart and determination. :D We are better conditioned than the teams we've faced so far, no doubt.

CAK's line, both OL & DL won the battle in the trenches. Plain & simple. The Eagles hit on a couple of traps to #6 (very fast & a good RB), but other than that they only had spotty success against a very stubborn Warrior defense. When we were on offense the OL protected very well, which has become a trademark of Mark Bradley coached offensive lines. I thought that would be a key in this game and it was. #67 & #51 completely neutralized the big #66 for the Eagles. No shame to #66, he obviously is a good player for them, but our guys won that battle. The only pressure Seymour got on our QB came from blitzes when we were in single set backs or empty backfield, and #2 handled that well with roll outs and some nice throws on the run & also a couple nice gains on keepers. I thought the receivers did a really nice job catching the ball. :lol: #15 is a serious threat, not only with speed but with his ability to catch the ball. #27 is taking some big hits catching balls in the middle but hanging on and making nice plays. #21 made a very nice grap in the back of the end zone for our 2nd TD. The RB's don't get enough touches IMHO, but the touches they are getting they are making the most of. #23 is Mr. Everything. He is deceptively hard to tackle, he added "stiff arm" to his arsenal tonight in addition to punting. His punts were consistantly nice high floaters that weren't particularly long, but easy to cover. Defensively, I thought we were just more aggressive than they were, and we seem to be gang tackling this year. Our DB's haven't really been tested in the first 2 games, but I'm sure that will happen soon. The LB's are playing well in conjuction with the DL. #18 was active and made a picture perfect Pick6 out in the flat that changed the tone of the game.

Congrats to the entire team for a superb effort and for not panicking when Seymour scored early. Also, good luck to #35, we will keep you in our prayers for a safe and successful recovery. :?: