Rivals Tournament in Memphis-Who will be there ?

CHAMPDDS

Can anyone give a report on how well the fields are holding up with all of the rain?

Welcome!!!! Where have you been..

Only been to Collierville and it is wet, and wet. I watched CHS/Baylor and half of ECS/ORHS and it was

starting to "mud-up" in spots of heavy traffic. High kicks hit and so splat, but the field is handing it well

considering. We have 2 more games today and 2 tomorrow, before my daughter's college game at 2:00. I hope there will be some green showing by then.

Sun just poped out about 8 miles west (my house) but I'm sure it is short lived. Heavy rains are supposed to be gone, but pop-up showers are around. We have had rain for 7 days straight.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give a report on how well the fields are holding up with all of the rain?

Houston Middle is okay (much better than Baylors secondary field for their tournament...crown in the center is just wet, but the 25 feet wide on the sidelines is very soggy, no ball bounce/slow passing..girls were muddy, but could have been worse..

Notre Dame plays again at 5 versus ECS at the same field...

By the way,

Notre Dame wins against St Marys 4-0....

D :oops:

Sun was teasing us for an hour or two. We just had a brief soaking shower, bring your towels to wipe off your seat.

Yes, everything considered, the fields are okay, couple of mudded areas. Then again. I have watched games significantly worse at Mike Rose. The ball is still rolling. So far, no calls from the baseball team donating their $$$$ outfield for tomorrow.

can anyone elaborate on the ND-ECS game? i couldn't go, and im curious as to how in the world they tied by that number.

First ECS goal was a breakaway right through the middle defensive line, for an almost one on one with Grace, other two goals were on corners, lots of congestion in the box, and pinballed around a bit before going in...They looked a lot stronger than when we played them at the Baylor tournament, and I believe Grace's dad said that they had a different keeper this time..ND appeared tired, and seemed to lack any control of the midfield...

D :rolleyes: