Senior Point Guards

akababyj

I know what kind of player Rachelle is. She's good, don't get me wrong, very good. I just feel Butler is the better PG and have strong evidence to back it up. I saw Rechelle all through the state tournaments this last year as I was there watching Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She is a very good player. What kind of offers is she holding?

Lauren Avant is the best in the state, no doubt. Headed to UT! Good Luck to her!

I hear Belmont Univ., ETSU, Carson Newman and a few others, she has not said anything she is concentrating on volleyball right now , she is a three sport player and #1 in her class , which I think is great for a "good player". Good Luck Rechelle we at South Greene Love you and think you are a Great Player and Kid.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panther, you obviously haven't seen Butler much either. She has no major flaws in her game. Her defense is outstanding, she can shoot against anyone, she sets her players up for open shots, great FT shooter, oh yea...led her team to a state championship scoring 26, 32, and 18 points in those 3 state tournament games. As noted, Butler dominated Rechelle in the state tournament game, that being Butler's 32 point game in the semi's. Butler is also one of the best players to come through GC and she will go over the 2000 point mark early this coming season and could wind up as GC's all time leading scorer by the end of the season. Yes, Butler was all-state last year. Butler has offers from UTM, Belmont, Union, MTSU, and I'm sure there's many others that have shown interest. I personally see her going to UT-Martin, but that's just a guess from me. In no way am I knocking Rechelle in my post, just stating my opinion.

Panther, you obviously haven't seen Butler much either. She has no major flaws in her game. Her defense is outstanding, she can shoot against anyone, she sets her players up for open shots, great FT shooter, oh yea...led her team to a state championship scoring 26, 32, and 18 points in those 3 state tournament games. As noted, Butler dominated Rechelle in the state tournament game, that being Butler's 32 point game in the semi's. Butler is also one of the best players to come through GC and she will go over the 2000 point mark early this coming season and could wind up as GC's all time leading scorer by the end of the season. Yes, Butler was all-state last year. Butler has offers from UTM, Belmont, Union, MTSU, and I'm sure there's many others that have shown interest. I personally see her going to UT-Martin, but that's just a guess from me. In no way am I knocking Rechelle in my post, just stating my opinion.

First of all Butler did not dominate Rechelle at the State Tournament and Gibson County has the big head just a little since they won the state championship and that's great enjoy it because it is awesome. South Greene has a lot of tradition as well 4 state titles and 3 runner-ups and have appeared for many, many years to the state tourny. I hope and pray that South Greene and Gibson County make it to the State and get a chance to play again for Rechelle's sake because I can assure from what I know about this kid she will work her butt off to get back there and show you just what she can do. GoD Bless and good luck to both Butler and Dye two very good Point Guards.

I don't have a big head. I'm stating obvious reasons as to why I think Butler is a better PG than Rachelle. You have yet to provide me a valid reason as to why you think Rachelle is better. I hope we play South Greene once again and you get your wish. South Greene had no answer for our big three. Those being Butler, Griffin, and Reedy. All 3 of those girls will sign D1 scholarships and are back for their Senior seasons this year.

rob, GC returns the big 3. Butler and the 2 post players. The girls that will most likely replace them will have the same role the Jennings and Garner had as those 2 have graduated, but those 2 that will be replacing them are only Sophomores this coming year. One of the girls that will fill that role played alot last year as a Freshman for GC. She can shoot the lights out! Butler did have her way in the game versus South Greene as Rechelle struggled shooting the ball. Maybe, South Greene never saw a press or defense like that during the season? GC as a team, had probably the best defense at the state tournaments last year, reguardless of class.

its alot of good senior point guards out their this year but the best one i think is heather buttler from gibson county not only saying that because thats my team saying that because she can do everything she can shoot pass play d and a leader out on the court and also a great student as well which nobody has not said on hear yet she just keep it simple thats one reason she is so good and she makes her teammates around her better which a true point guard does also if the team needed her to rebound she would do that to but she dont because she has two great post players around her but good luck to her this year and another run at a ring