West @ Hardin Valley

knoxrebel

Well we have to move on to the next game.....wonder if the boys will even be up for this game, i've heard a few are talking about not playing anymore after last week....gonna be a rough week for the west boys....hardin valley had a nice win against gibbs in week 0 what are your thoughts

I do not want to change the nature of your thread Rebel but please know this...Jake would be very upset to know such tremendous competition as you showed us would even consider not following through on your season just because he departed. Especially your Seniors need to know that he lived for the game. And would not allow them any other choice. He had a 4.0, was being recruited, a devout christian that did not know a stranger but don't let him know you will stop because he is gone. He would have something to say about that. Because he was not always the superstar. There was a time when he was the benchwarmer. Yes, he rode the pine. Then he became the pine. So I say to you that he did not give up. He refused to give up. And he became the man! So contrary to wanting to call it quits...he would demand that you remember that "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". If anything, let him be your inspiration to go the distance. He will always be in your memory as someone who would never give up. So have a wonderful season. He will be there for all your home games. You couldn't ask for a better supporter and give it all you have because that's what he did. :geek:

Good luck to both Sullivan South and Knox West in what will prove to be an unbelievably emotional game and season for both. I never met the incredible young man that was taken from us, but based on all accounts I have read on here, he was an example of what we all should strive for.

Again, Good Luck!

I plan to mail a similar personal letter to your coach but I would like to share this with the parents and fans as well:

Dear Knox West Football Staff and Players:

As a parent of a Sullivan South football player and friend of the Logue family, I wanted to personally thank you for the dignified and respectful manner your team exhibited during the tragic happenings this past Friday night. Your staff and players displayed tremendous character and class in those final few minutes on the field and the following days. It is obvious to me that your program is instilling values that will serve these young men well beyond football.

I also wanted to reassure each of your players that this was an event over which none of us had any control. I feel certain that that the Sullivan South family wishes your team nothing but success for your remaining season and school year. I know that I will be pulling for you for years to come. Your kindness under difficult circumstances will not be forgotten!

I do not want to change the nature of your thread Rebel but please know this...Jake would be very upset to know such tremendous competition as you showed us would even consider not following through on your season just because he departed. Especially your Seniors need to know that he lived for the game. And would not allow them any other choice. He had a 4.0, was being recruited, a devout christian that did not know a stranger but don't let him know you will stop because he is gone. He would have something to say about that. Because he was not always the superstar. There was a time when he was the benchwarmer. Yes, he rode the pine. Then he became the pine. So I say to you that he did not give up. He refused to give up. And he became the man! So contrary to wanting to call it quits...he would demand that you remember that "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". If anything, let him be your inspiration to go the distance. He will always be in your memory as someone who would never give up. So have a wonderful season. He will be there for all your home games. You couldn't ask for a better supporter and give it all you have because that's what he did. :thumb:

The post of the year compusatman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :thumb:

You know...thats one thing i must say about coach cummings....he instills values to every one of the boys.....he does not allow trash talking or showboating....he respects the game, and want the players to do the same...

this will be a defining game into what west will do this season, they need to rebound to the loss and loss of #20 nic williams who is most likely done for the season. nic was one weapon that at anytime could get you 15-20 yards plus he is a senior it will be nice to see if they can rally back and make the season a possitive one. west stil has plenty of weapons on offense and guys like #33 freeman who are ready to join #26 simmons in the back field and hopefully not miss a step. anytime you lose a big play caliber player its fun to see who is going to step up in there place.

Go Rebels!!!!

west 14

hardin valley 7

Congratulations Knox West!!! Your boys deserved this win. It was a tough week for the Sullivan South community and the Knox West family. The class, dignity, and character that your young men, staff, and community showed us was tremendous and will not be forgotten. I can't say enough about your team. We will be forever linked, there is a new brotherhood among these Rebels. The character of a man is displayed not when he is standing tall but when he is knocked down. You, our brothers, have character. We will be pulling for you. Best Wishes on a healthy and successful season from the Sullivan South Family.

REBEL PRIDE