7AAA Predictions

boroballer

I think that some of the scheduling has been for the girls and their competition. I may be wrong on this but if you play in a tournament you play who the tournament director schedule you dont you? Even that is not the case I think it has been a good schedule for us if it is an easy schedule (we always play LC and shelbyville) I think it is good for our boys to get some wins under their belts after the otugh season from last year sometimes you need to learn how to win before you jump in with the so called good teams if we win a close game here and there or lose one it will be good experience heading into district as there will be plenty of good games on tap for district

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, once again know very little about Middle Tn. Does siegel play this tough of a schedule every year? Or is this a very talented team that has scheduled tough (which is smart to do)? In my experience coaches schedule based on talent returning and expectations for program. I doubt Siegel has played this type of schedule before (once again an assumption). Also as stated earlier, both boys and girls coaches have to work on schedule, if girls have higher expectations, the boys may make some concessions to allow them to have tougher games. It's tough to find opponents that are equal for both teams. Just food for thought.

Hillcrest and Trezvant would beat hickman co. and these other terrible teams by 50+. Both Trezvant and Hillcrest are EXTREMELY athletic teams that in my opinion would beat anybody in 7AAA. I just get tired of hearing people talk about how a team is 5-0 or 6-1 when they have played a bunch of TERRIBLE teams. Central Middle would give them a better game than these teams they have been playing. And no one compared Trezvant or Hillcrest to White Station or Ridgeway.

With all of this being said, I am a 7AAA fan. I have given Coach Wright props and congradulated them on a job well done in representing 7AAA. Wright may not be familiar with a lot of the teams in this area and I understand that. Burks on the other hand knows the teams around here yet year in and year out schedules terrible teams. As far as football players are concerned, Odom is the only player from Riverdale who plays football and actually contributes. So not having the football guys is no excuse for weak scheduling by Riverdale.

Boroballer I believe that it is only you that talks about records on here. I have not seen any other school talk about how great their record is except for Siegel. Show me the post that states anybody elses's schedule besides Siegel. And it seems to me that your only problem is with Riverdales schedule. What about Oakland beating Cane Ridge last night who is terrible, or Smyrna and who they played their HOF games against. If you are truly a boroballer you need to be less bias about some teams and more open to talk about others.

TURNHAM IS OLD SCHOOL. I DON'T THINK HE WORRIES TOO MUCH ABOUT THESE EARLY GAMES. SEEMS TO ME HE IS LOOKING FOR HIS ROTATION AND CHARTING PLAYER TRENDS. THE KIDS DO SEEM TIGHT. THEY SEEM MORE WORRIED ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES (AND THE COACH TAKING THEM OUT), THEN COMPETING FOR THE WIN. IF THEY LEARN TO GO HARD AND STOP WORRYING.. THERE'S NO REASON THIS TEAM SHOULDN'T WIN MORE GAMES THAN IT LOSES.

I agree that Turnham seems to have them all scared to make a mistake. He pulls them from the game as soon as they mess up. I think he needs to let them relax and have fun and play. He should pull them from the game if they mess up repeatedly but give them a few chances. I also agree they should win more than they lose with the talent they have. We will find out alot about Turnham this year.

Wildcat you havent seen me say anything on here about Siegel's record. You saw OP talk about how oakland improved to 5-0 but I havent said anything about Siegel. And yes if you look back a couple of pages you will see where OP and I had a discussion about Oakland's schedule as well. If certain coaches in the district believe that beating terrible teams by 25 or 30 is going to help their teams get better then more power to them. I simply don't see their logic. As for Siegel being loaded this year and that being the only reason they have a tough schedule is crazy. Siegel has been to Memphis the last 3 years and played both Columbia and Shelbyville 2x each the last 3 years because they are the best 2 teams on the other side of the region. They also went to Knoxville the last 2 years and played Science Hill and Dobbyns-Bennett. Granted Oak Hill and Hawaii is an upgrade, but its not like Siegel has been playing cupcakes the last 7 years. You will never see Siegel play in the Cannon Co. classic or play Hickman Co. or Cane Ridge. If my memory serves me correctly, Cane Ridge finished dead last last year among AAA teams.

Again, if a coach thinks playing weak teams is beneficial to their program, then more power to them. I just don't see their logic.

Kudos to Siegel on their scheduling. Are the other teams schedules typical or is just a down year? Is this a typical Oakland Schedule? I thought Gallatin, McGavock, and Overton were usually pretty good teams. Ky tournament will have good teams, what about Father Ryan Tournament. Both siegel and Oakland play Inependence. I would think that their schedule is not terribly weak, but once again I only know what I read on Coacht when it comes to Middle Tn.

Kudos to Siegel on their scheduling. Are the other teams schedules typical or is just a down year? Is this a typical Oakland Schedule? I thought Gallatin, McGavock, and Overton were usually pretty good teams. Ky tournament will have good teams, what about Father Ryan Tournament. Both siegel and Oakland play Inependence. I would think that their schedule is not terribly weak, but once again I only know what I read on Coacht when it comes to Middle Tn.

I wouldn't say this year's scheduling is "typical" for Oakland but I can understand the change in scheduling as Coach King knew he wasn't going to be here this year so I would assume he wasn't as involved in the scheduling process as he usually was. And you cant blame Wright because most of the scheduling was already finished when he got the job. As for Riverdale, yes this is typical of their scheduling. Gallatin is usually athletic but undisciplined. I haven't seen them play this year but I must say i was impressed when I saw that Oakland beat them. Overton isn't very good and McGavok is athletic but lacks coaching. The Father Ryan tournament is usually weak however, I haven't see the field for the tournament this year. As for playing Independence, Coach Moore from Indy was at LaVergne last year before he was bitten by the Hockenberry plague so the coaches in the district have a good relationship with him. He also knows what he is doing so the coaches know that they will be scheduling a well coached team in Indy.

Its hard to talk about oakland's schedule since Wright wasn't there to create the majority of the schedule however, there is no excuse for Riverdale. Unless the girls program makes the schedule. Could be a good move to let them seeing as how they win more games in one season than the boys win in 2!!

In regards to the ongoing scheduling discussion, DNJ sports writer Tom Kreager had a great blog post about Hall of Fame games counting in the Win/Loss column. Scheduling weaker opponents isn't the only way to attempt to inflate a team's record.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bd&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bd&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bdPost%3a74b4aa14-00b4-4041-985c-d5c5461633e2&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Gallatin is usually athletic but undisciplined. !!

Bobby Luna is one of the better coaches in the mid-state. He always has a well prepared squad that typically finishes in the top tier of District 9. Gallatin may be a lot of things, but undisciplined is not one of them.

As for playing Independence, Coach Moore from Indy was at LaVergne last year before he was bitten by the Hockenberry plague so the coaches in the district have a good relationship with him. He also knows what he is doing so the coaches know that they will be scheduling a well coached team in Indy.!!

I agree with all of that.

Its hard to talk about oakland's schedule since Wright wasn't there to create the majority of the schedule however, there is no excuse for Riverdale. Unless the girls program makes the schedule. Could be a good move to let them seeing as how they win more games in one season than the boys win in 2!!

Once again, why the continued bashing? Nobody from Riverdale is on here saying they are great or that they've beaten great teams. Riverdale's early success doesn't take away from Siegel's talent, expectations, or tough schedule.

In regards to the ongoing scheduling discussion, DNJ sports writer Tom Kreager had a great blog post about Hall of Fame games counting in the Win/Loss column. Scheduling weaker opponents isn't the only way to attempt to inflate a team's record.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bd&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bd&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ee5379aa167464ab1e6decf74f9e2bdPost%3a74b4aa14-00b4-4041-985c-d5c5461633e2&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Yeah i read this blog about 2 weeks ago when it was first posted. Thanks mackie you're on top of things!! :bored:

Typical Kreager though. Siegel finally loses a HOF game and suddenly he starts blogging about how HOF games count as a loss. Good reporting work by Kreager but the timing is a little funny.

I'm just curious to hear the reasoning behind the weak scheduling. Have you been to a Riverdale game Mackie? All this jumping around and chest beating is rediculous considering who they have beaten.

I hope you don't consider beating Hickman Co. 2x, Dickson Co., Lincoln Co., Lebanon, and Columbia without their football players successful?!