Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan Central

BatmanDB

This thread is laughable!!!! :roflol: I mean… when are you DB people going to get over yourselves. Do you really think that school has been ordained to rule the earth until Jesus returns?!!!!!!! Give us all a break with the “Greater than though” crap. Let’s face it… you can make up as many (what you think to be) logical reasons, and blame as many coaches as you want… but it’s not going to change the obvious fact that YOU SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE TALENT COME DOWN THE PIPELINE THAT YOU USE TOO!!!! Plain and simple. You can argue with me all you want, but you can’t tell me that DB is pumpin out the studs it has in the past… they’re just not there. You just don’t see that killer combo of size speed and athleticism that use to be sprinkled throughout the DB teams of old. Every program has to go through these times unless you recruit… just get over it. You had to have known that losing this last graduating class was going to hurt… and hurt bad. Give Coach Clark and his staff a break… that turning water into wine trick aint as easy to do as you think. :twisted:

Good post Cap1. WaCoJaCo has some valid points also.DB had the team last year.Recievers, QB, RB , and good LBs. The talent pool could be getting thin.But the play calling needs something also.Could be time for some new blood in the coaching dept.Look what Whitten brought to Betsy.The Mayberry jokes are a smoke screen.The new AD at DB needs to go too.Too much politics there.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is laughable!!!! :roflol: I mean… when are you DB people going to get over yourselves. Do you really think that school has been ordained to rule the earth until Jesus returns?!!!!!!! Give us all a break with the “Greater than though” crap. Let’s face it… you can make up as many (what you think to be) logical reasons, and blame as many coaches as you want… but it’s not going to change the obvious fact that YOU SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE TALENT COME DOWN THE PIPELINE THAT YOU USE TOO!!!! Plain and simple. You can argue with me all you want, but you can’t tell me that DB is pumpin out the studs it has in the past… they’re just not there. You just don’t see that killer combo of size speed and athleticism that use to be sprinkled throughout the DB teams of old. Every program has to go through these times unless you recruit… just get over it. You had to have known that losing this last graduating class was going to hurt… and hurt bad. Give Coach Clark and his staff a break… that turning water into wine trick aint as easy to do as you think. :twisted:

Cap1 the only thing laughable on this thread is your post. You wouldn't know talent if it hit you in the face. Your the same guy that has predicted Tennessee High to beat DB every year now and how many times have you been right? Notta, zilch, zero. DB still has plenty of talent comming through the pipeline. We've had down years and we've had loses at the begining of the season before. We just haven't looked this bad in losing before. We as fans have conserns and we're voicing our opinion. Thats what these boards are for. I am not calling for anyones job on the DB staff, I just want them to get back to the way they used to be. I've seen them do a much better job than their doing. If I didn't think they could do better I wouldn't be saying anything. I think most real DB fans agree with most of what I've said.

This thread is laughable!!!! :roflol: I mean… when are you DB people going to get over yourselves. Do you really think that school has been ordained to rule the earth until Jesus returns?!!!!!!! Give us all a break with the “Greater than though” crap. Let’s face it… you can make up as many (what you think to be) logical reasons, and blame as many coaches as you want… but it’s not going to change the obvious fact that YOU SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE TALENT COME DOWN THE PIPELINE THAT YOU USE TOO!!!! Plain and simple. You can argue with me all you want, but you can’t tell me that DB is pumpin out the studs it has in the past… they’re just not there. You just don’t see that killer combo of size speed and athleticism that use to be sprinkled throughout the DB teams of old. Every program has to go through these times unless you recruit… just get over it. You had to have known that losing this last graduating class was going to hurt… and hurt bad. Give Coach Clark and his staff a break… that turning water into wine trick aint as easy to do as you think. :roflol:

Nice sermon. Some of your points are legit, some I guess I can disagree with.Anyway make for a good discussion. I think the area as a whole might be somewhat inferior to larger cities like Knoxville, where they get a constant incoming of growth. I do however feel the kids are losing interest somewhere between 6th grade and high school. Take South for example, seems like they are on an incline the past few years, and have a real shot at it this year. This doesnt happen by accident. I have a good friend that works with the kids in the Colonial Hgts. league. They love him and he's good at what he does(for free I might add), its really showing up at South. Kingsport as a whole has good kids programs, but Im sure Worl will tell you , there are plenty ok kids with enormous talent ready to be tapped, but there just isnt enough people to spread the wealth, or knowledge. I do think the athletic programs at D-B as a whole, not just football have been on a slow but steady decline.

I think Science Hill's success in B-ball was a combo of great coaching, and a ton of places for the kids(of all ages) to play.There are courts everywhere filled with kids playing. I used to see that here in Kpt, but hardly ever now. Take over ibn the view, there was kids playing all night there, then all of a sudden the balls stopped bouncing, and all you would see there was a bunch of out of town thugs standing around in groups making that ''fast'' money. I guess my point is there is a ton of talent at D-B walking the halls. one kid thats a tremendos soccer player that can kick a field goal 40 yrds. Maybe he didnt want to play football, or maybe he simply lost interest. I do think its time for a change at D-B's programs, but I think it has to start on the ground level, and get off the buddy system of hiring in house. Prime example, when the deal happened in Softball, the coach went to the Hill, they got a good coach, we had a chance to get a good proven coach that had won several states, but they hired inside. I think something has to give, or its going to get worse. Just my opinion. :twisted:

This thread is laughable!!!! :twisted: I mean… when are you DB people going to get over yourselves. Do you really think that school has been ordained to rule the earth until Jesus returns?!!!!!!! Give us all a break with the “Greater than though” crap. Let’s face it… you can make up as many (what you think to be) logical reasons, and blame as many coaches as you want… but it’s not going to change the obvious fact that YOU SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE TALENT COME DOWN THE PIPELINE THAT YOU USE TOO!!!! Plain and simple. You can argue with me all you want, but you can’t tell me that DB is pumpin out the studs it has in the past… they’re just not there. You just don’t see that killer combo of size speed and athleticism that use to be sprinkled throughout the DB teams of old. Every program has to go through these times unless you recruit… just get over it. You had to have known that losing this last graduating class was going to hurt… and hurt bad. Give Coach Clark and his staff a break… that turning water into wine trick aint as easy to do as you think. :roflol:

We had a lot of great players last year and every year that I've ever seen DB play off and on for thirty plus years,even when I pulled the other way .I have to to say though,we still got some studs left and I wouldn't be licking my chops just yet if I were any other big 8 school.There have been times in the past that TH,SH and others in the conference have been the big dogs in the area and even the country for your Vikings.I think Central could be a very stong team again if they can start keeping the Holson boys at home.South has a great team this year and could make a run for it all,but that will only make all of us better for having them this strong. For all the fans that have not seen the QB for Clinton,you will get to in the coming years.I've not seen a kid with that much speed at the QB spot{ ever in Tennessee}.He was running away from players that I know are pretty fast.I wish all our players would do like one I know, just laugh at coachT and then say,I'd rather call my girl friend than read that silly stuff.Matter of fact I think that's what I'll do right now,call the better half and get ready to watch my favorite team in the world practice.Roll Tribe

I think you all are missing the point. Cap alludes that DB can't face facts. Could very well be true. I mean a losing season for DB? That would be like the 1929 suicide jumps from the Wall Street towers because of the stock market crash. :thumb: A blip in the talent influx? A coaching issue? Could the AD be that bad? Just a new generation of bad stock in the feeders? Where do you look for answers? Do you look to Knoxville? I don't think so. NET is cumulatively putting the pressure on Knoxville teams so far this season. 6A notwithstanding.

We have the athletes in NET. We have the talent in NET. Someone asked me on another thread, "where are the QB's coming from every year for South?" I answered, "they are lining up all the way down to 5th grade Optimist League to play for Stacy Carter. Look at Elizabethton this year. It took Coach Whitten 3 years. Look at Greeneville. It took 3 years. Look at South. It is taking Stacy a little longer because he scraped it clean...down to the pad.

So what am I saying? Science Hills coach 4 years ago didn't seem too awfully bad. He just wasn't a championship coach. 6-4 was good enough. Science Hill accepted the fact that they were not a football school. Then they got a new AD. Same thing at Elizabethton. Same thing at Greeneville. Same thing at South. Their previous coaches were not bad people no in fact they were good people. But just because you are a good person does not make you a good coach.

Phil Fulmer is a prime example. The man was senile. He had lost touch. He was a wonderful coach. He turned UT into Wide Reciever University. How exciting were those years? The he started deligating and letting the program run itself. Then our great Mr. Cutcliffe singlehandedly destroyed the program in one year...and Fulmer was having desert.

Is Graham Clark the current day Phil Fulmer? A great person. A wonderful community leader and student advocate. And previously, a tenasious head football coach. I think maybe. Just maybe. Too careful. Too politically correct. Too conservative. Too predictable. Is the fire gone? Because it takes fire. Is the General George S. Patton blood thirsty quest for what is right and true gone? Because that is a prerequisite. Is the killer instinct gone? Because this game requires killer instinct. If you answered yes to many of these questions then it's time for GC to transition.

In my view your AD is the heart of the problem. Move GC to AD and find a place for Mr. Watson because I feel their combined administrative effectiveness would help to propell DB back into the forefront. And for goodness sakes hire yourself a Lane Kiffin. Maybe that would be as simple as turning the team over to Ryan...maybe not. But the fact is..."It is time." Before he tarnishes his exemplary record and before people lose faith in him as the great coach he was put him where he can help the program in both directions. And I think coach Watson and GC were a package deal and are equally important. I don't think Mr. Watson would take the head position at this juncture but that may be an option. Otherwise, I feel he should be right there with GC at AD making those decisions jointly. This kind of coup' will require the whole Indian community.

Your other choice is to wait and see. Maybe it will work itself out. I wish all in the Indian Nation the best.

This thread is laughable!!!! :thumb: I mean… when are you DB people going to get over yourselves. Do you really think that school has been ordained to rule the earth until Jesus returns?!!!!!!! Give us all a break with the “Greater than though” crap. Let’s face it… you can make up as many (what you think to be) logical reasons, and blame as many coaches as you want… but it’s not going to change the obvious fact that YOU SIMPLY DON’T HAVE THE TALENT COME DOWN THE PIPELINE THAT YOU USE TOO!!!! Plain and simple. You can argue with me all you want, but you can’t tell me that DB is pumpin out the studs it has in the past… they’re just not there. You just don’t see that killer combo of size speed and athleticism that use to be sprinkled throughout the DB teams of old. Every program has to go through these times unless you recruit… just get over it. You had to have known that losing this last graduating class was going to hurt… and hurt bad. Give Coach Clark and his staff a break… that turning water into wine trick aint as easy to do as you think. :wacko:

Nice sermon. Some of your points are legit, some I guess I can disagree with.Anyway make for a good discussion. I think the area as a whole might be somewhat inferior to larger cities like Knoxville, where they get a constant incoming of growth. I do however feel the kids are losing interest somewhere between 6th grade and high school. Take South for example, seems like they are on an incline the past few years, and have a real shot at it this year. This doesnt happen by accident. I have a good friend that works with the kids in the Colonial Hgts. league. They love him and he's good at what he does(for free I might add), its really showing up at South. Kingsport as a whole has good kids programs, but Im sure Worl will tell you , there are plenty ok kids with enormous talent ready to be tapped, but there just isnt enough people to spread the wealth, or knowledge. I do think the athletic programs at D-B as a whole, not just football have been on a slow but steady decline.

I think Science Hill's success in B-ball was a combo of great coaching, and a ton of places for the kids(of all ages) to play.There are courts everywhere filled with kids playing. I used to see that here in Kpt, but hardly ever now. Take over ibn the view, there was kids playing all night there, then all of a sudden the balls stopped bouncing, and all you would see there was a bunch of out of town thugs standing around in groups making that ''fast'' money. I guess my point is there is a ton of talent at D-B walking the halls. one kid thats a tremendos soccer player that can kick a field goal 40 yrds. Maybe he didnt want to play football, or maybe he simply lost interest. I do think its time for a change at D-B's programs, but I think it has to start on the ground level, and get off the buddy system of hiring in house. Prime example, when the deal happened in Softball, the coach went to the Hill, they got a good coach, we had a chance to get a good proven coach that had won several states, but they hired inside. I think something has to give, or its going to get worse. Just my opinion. :thumb:

How did I get drug into this conversation??? :wacko:

:thumb:

Cap1 the only thing laughable on this thread is your post. You wouldn't know talent if it hit you in the face. Your the same guy that has predicted Tennessee High to beat DB every year now and how many times have you been right? Notta, zilch, zero. DB still has plenty of talent comming through the pipeline. We've had down years and we've had loses at the begining of the season before. We just haven't looked this bad in losing before. We as fans have conserns and we're voicing our opinion. Thats what these boards are for. I am not calling for anyones job on the DB staff, I just want them to get back to the way they used to be. I've seen them do a much better job than their doing. If I didn't think they could do better I wouldn't be saying anything. I think most real DB fans agree with most of what I've said.

As a Viking fan… am I suppose to think any other way? Everybody can’t turn their support for their team on and off as the weather changes LIKE YOU!!! :wacko: And yes… once again I will say (WITH VIKING PRIDE), DB is going down this year!! :thumb: By the way…there’s no need for you to continue to “voice your opinion” … we knew you were going to bash the coaches as soon as they lost that second game… right on queue. Yes I know DB more than likely has some talent coming through the pipeline somewhere down the road, but EVERY TEAM IN THIS REGION knows that the only thing coming out the tap RIGHT NOW is CS. Last year you had Sylvester and Crawford to stand in the gap and run a little interference to keep teams on their toes. Or you could send Adams down field or Edwards across the middle to stretch the D. Who ya got this year WaCo JaCo Talent Scout Master???? That’s your dilemma. :thumb:

Comp I guess I can agree with most of that. Although I know nothing about the politics at DB, I can see Clark being a difference maker at AD. But bringing in a new coach isn’t always the answer. You alluded to Science Hill and their coaching dilemma and subsequently change. The change in coaches did create excitement for the football program, but it also brought on allot of problems and controversy a couple of years ago… not to mention Smith couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Did anybody see the game Friday???? :thumb: I also agree that we do have the talent here in NET… it’s just spread out so thin, that it’s not as defined as in the bigger areas of the state. If we could put any two of the top four programs in this area together, you would have a State Championship contender.

I had a question Comp… I was told today that Elizabethton beat South in a pre-season scrimmage. Any truth to that???

As a Viking fan… am I suppose to think any other way? Everybody can’t turn their support for their team on and off as the weather changes LIKE YOU!!! :wacko: And yes… once again I will say (WITH VIKING PRIDE), DB is going down this year!! :thumb: By the way…there’s no need for you to continue to “voice your opinion” … we knew you were going to bash the coaches as soon as they lost that second game… right on queue. Yes I know DB more than likely has some talent coming through the pipeline somewhere down the road, but EVERY TEAM IN THIS REGION knows that the only thing coming out the tap RIGHT NOW is CS. Last year you had Sylvester and Crawford to stand in the gap and run a little interference to keep teams on their toes. Or you could send Adams down field or Edwards across the middle to stretch the D. Who ya got this year WaCo JaCo Talent Scout Master???? That’s your dilemma. :thumb:

You know It really gets old defending myself against these nit-whits. All the post on this thread questioning the coaching and you single me out as if im the only one. You call it bashing and I call it sounding the alarm. My post are not sugar coated and some times it makes people cry. But everything I say is true. I have always supported the Tribe so I don't know where you get that I haven't. The people that sit back and pat each other on the back after losing a game are not supporters of the program. Their losers and posers. As for talent you better worry about that pipeline in Bristol because DB has put more talent on the field than Tennessee High every year since Nixon was president. And we have more talent this year.

If i mixed up the posts thats my fault sorry. As far as how i would take the comments is that i would read what i said and think about the truth in them. I wasn't attacking Rusty or any other player just what he said because i disagree with him. Honestly if these kids can take anything i say and use it as motivation i hope they do. Because all i want is for us to get back to the dominant team we used to be. It is very obvious that we are on the down slide and that has to fall on somebody. It seems like we almost always went 10-0, 9-1, and occasionally 8-2. Some of those years we made good runs in the playoffs and then it started being the first round curse. Now it seems like we can't win in the regular season. I don't know what you've been watching the past 10 or 15 years but i have seen us gradually going downhill.

I can count on one hand the DB teams that would have been 1-1 with the first two games this year.Most would have been 0-2 .I've heard about how weak we are this year and I'll say this.I'll put four of our offensive linemen against most teams.Matter of fact,one team out of what ''twenty'' beat them in the big man contest in Abington.We have a lot of smaller guys on defense but they are not what I would call weak.One of them holds the team benchpress record and many are put together.Don't forget Chris when your talking about weakness,he is a man.I'll be there watching today after a couple of hours sleep,and I'll be there every friday until the end.Time is limited with our weight training,and I've said before that there is things that could help,but our boys are not weak and we do have one of the very best coaching staffs..Roll Tribe

If you can count on one hand the teams that would have went 1-1, you need to do a recount. There are two teams that would have went 0-2 under GC. 95 and 07. I do agree that farragut has one heck of a team. But i also know that we have had some excellent teams from 93 to 08 excluding the two i mentioned. I know we would have been around .500 with this schedule in that timespan. I'm not really sure what everyone sees in clinton but ok think what you want. They will prove how overrated they are in time. You talked a lot about the weakness of our players. I don't remember saying anything about that. I firmly believe that the coaching staff is the problem. You are right about Chris and some of the lineman. Chris is by far the toughest back we've had at DB in my opinion. The only thing about the o-line is they need to block better at times and thats been mentioned quite a bit on here.

I think you all are missing the point. Cap alludes that DB can't face facts. Could very well be true. I mean a losing season for DB? That would be like the 1929 suicide jumps from the Wall Street towers because of the stock market crash. :roflolk: A blip in the talent influx? A coaching issue? Could the AD be that bad? Just a new generation of bad stock in the feeders? Where do you look for answers? Do you look to Knoxville? I don't think so. NET is cumulatively putting the pressure on Knoxville teams so far this season. 6A notwithstanding.

We have the athletes in NET. We have the talent in NET. Someone asked me on another thread, "where are the QB's coming from every year for South?" I answered, "they are lining up all the way down to 5th grade Optimist League to play for Stacy Carter. Look at Elizabethton this year. It took Coach Whitten 3 years. Look at Greeneville. It took 3 years. Look at South. It is taking Stacy a little longer because he scraped it clean...down to the pad.

So what am I saying? Science Hills coach 4 years ago didn't seem too awfully bad. He just wasn't a championship coach. 6-4 was good enough. Science Hill accepted the fact that they were not a football school. Then they got a new AD. Same thing at Elizabethton. Same thing at Greeneville. Same thing at South. Their previous coaches were not bad people no in fact they were good people. But just because you are a good person does not make you a good coach.

Phil Fulmer is a prime example. The man was senile. He had lost touch. He was a wonderful coach. He turned UT into Wide Reciever University. How exciting were those years? The he started deligating and letting the program run itself. Then our great Mr. Cutcliffe singlehandedly destroyed the program in one year...and Fulmer was having desert.

Is Graham Clark the current day Phil Fulmer? A great person. A wonderful community leader and student advocate. And previously, a tenasious head football coach. I think maybe. Just maybe. Too careful. Too politically correct. Too conservative. Too predictable. Is the fire gone? Because it takes fire. Is the General George S. Patton blood thirsty quest for what is right and true gone? Because that is a prerequisite. Is the killer instinct gone? Because this game requires killer instinct. If you answered yes to many of these questions then it's time for GC to transition.

In my view your AD is the heart of the problem. Move GC to AD and find a place for Mr. Watson because I feel their combined administrative effectiveness would help to propell DB back into the forefront. And for goodness sakes hire yourself a Lane Kiffin. Maybe that would be as simple as turning the team over to Ryan...maybe not. But the fact is..."It is time." Before he tarnishes his exemplary record and before people lose faith in him as the great coach he was put him where he can help the program in both directions. And I think coach Watson and GC were a package deal and are equally important. I don't think Mr. Watson would take the head position at this juncture but that may be an option. Otherwise, I feel he should be right there with GC at AD making those decisions jointly. This kind of coup' will require the whole Indian community.

Your other choice is to wait and see. Maybe it will work itself out. I wish all in the Indian Nation the best.

THANK YOU SIGMUND COMP FREUD. I DIDN'T KNOW COACH T HAD A STAFF PSYCHIATRIST. DO YOU CHARGE BY THE HOUR OR BY THE THREAD?

You know It really gets old defending myself against these nit-whits. All the post on this thread questioning the coaching and you single me out as if im the only one. You call it bashing and I call it sounding the alarm. My post are not sugar coated and some times it makes people cry. But everything I say is true. I have always supported the Tribe so I don't know where you get that I haven't. The people that sit back and pat each other on the back after losing a game are not supporters of the program. Their losers and posers. As for talent you better worry about that pipeline in Bristol because DB has put more talent on the field than Tennessee High every year since Nixon was president. And we have more talent this year.

Come on WaCo… you know we go back (on CoachT). :thumb: I respect you and your opinion way more than most on here because you speak more from fact and less from the heart. I also enjoy a debate with you (an intellectual), more so than with these emotionally charged clowns... that's why I'm throwin the gas on your fire. Not many on here can take it like they give it out… and visa versa… like us! But you’re gonna have to give me a break with my Vikings. You know I knew… but the blood runs deep. :roflolk: I will have to insist that DB is going to have to learn how to share the NET Top Dog title, and not expect to dominate year in and year out. Because... that crap stops right now!!!!!!!!!! Take it how you want too, but all this pompous attitude is going to get humbled within the next few years. Direct competition tends to do that to a program... and the Viking crew fully intend to step UP to the plate. I know for us at THS… this years Conference Championship trophy is BIG. The return of the BIG Eight… are you kidding me!!!! And I’m sure over on the South side they would trade the last four for this one in a heartbeat (for many reasons). At first glance… it looks to me like the Mountain Lakes is in the house!!! So bring it… and please no excuses!! I’m out… and I’m takin my spoon with me. LOL