Dobyns Bennett vs Sullivan Central

BatmanDB

BTW meant to also ask if anyone else has heard about a receiver we supposedly had transfer in from Central that looked pretty decent. Don't know any details, but this would sure be an interesting week for him to hit the field for the first time.

Will the TSSAA let you do that?

He's been going threw all the cross the T, dot the I, bull. His parents have had to prove everything and now should be done. It's a legal move. He's extremley fast. Don't know if he will be playing tommorrow. Look for the game to be some what nasty tomm. Central has been sending word, so we will see. They want it but I think we want it MORE!!!!!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW meant to also ask if anyone else has heard about a receiver we supposedly had transfer in from Central that looked pretty decent. Don't know any details, but this would sure be an interesting week for him to hit the field for the first time.

Will the TSSAA let you do that?

He's been going threw all the cross the T, dot the I, bull. His parents have had to prove everything and now should be done. It's a legal move. He's extremley fast. Don't know if he will be playing tommorrow. Look for the game to be some what nasty tomm. Central has been sending word, so we will see. They want it but I think we want it MORE!!!!!!!

I havn't heard any of the nasty talk.I've said it a hundred times before,when local teams see Dobyns-Bennett on there schedule,it get's a big star beside it.We will have to come ready to play every one of them.I've never ask if coach talks about anything like that,but I know from seeing practice that they worked just as hard this week as the last two.I just got done watching the Farragut replay and that great back had nearly 200 yards tonight.It's funny reading the Farragut thread during the game talking about how big Catholic is and the tssaa should look into recruiting.They had it all,but still couldn't tackle that young man very well from the start.I think he only had thirty some yards at the half against us,but great athletes will wear on you.Roll Tribe

The Indians need big ol' 275# Transfers, several. I don't know what difference a fast wideout will add to the team, we got speed.

Any change in the Kicking department? If not, suggestion to the G-Man, go for 2... at least there is a chance of scoring more than 6 per TD.

Indians 26

Sullivan Central 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Catholic ran 300 pounder after 300 pounders into the game to stop Farragut and couldn't get it done.They have more big guys than Farragut and Oak Ridge combined,{ it was stated on the broadcast}.Guess what,Catholic has just as much speed as we do and we could have been in the lead at the half against Farragut.Has our team played perfect,NO.Have we made every catch and every tackle,NO.Sometimes you have to give credit to the other teams.

The Indians need big ol' 275# Transfers, several. I don't know what difference a fast wideout will add to the team, we got speed.

Any change in the Kicking department? If not, suggestion to the G-Man, go for 2... at least there is a chance of scoring more than 6 per TD.

Indians 26

Sullivan Central 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Catholic ran 300 pounder after 300 pounders into the game to stop Farragut and couldn't get it done.They have more big guys than Farragut and Oak Ridge combined,{ it was stated on the broadcast}.Guess what,Catholic has just as much speed as we do and we could have been in the lead at the half against Farragut.Has our team played perfect,NO.Have we made every catch and every tackle,NO.Sometimes you have to give credit to the other teams.

If I'm not mistaken, Catholic has several players back from last year's state championship team. Catholic and Clinton will dangerous opponents for whoever comes out of District 1 or 2 in 5A.

Your right on 2004,Catholic is loaded.Purty was 20 for 195 yards against them and 17 for 126 yards against Dobyns-Bennett.Catholic gave up 336 yards on the ground and we gave up 287 to Farragut .From what I've seen in all non private classes.Alcoa,Farragut and Catholic are the best hands down "at this point".Clinton has a very good offense,but they can be moved on as well.I think a South vs Clinton game will be very interesting.

Someone was telling me they overheard two women talking DB football today.One was trying to be cute and make jabs about DB not being the team to beat around here.The other had a son who had went to a county highschool but knew the game very well.She explained in a very polite way how DB had lost to a couple of very good teams that were not in the conference and than went on to tell her that ''yes '',DB was still the team to beat.When I heard that,I thought,why can't she be on coacht as maybe "wonder women ".Not that she is a women,but the simple fact that not even having anything to do with DB ,she had more common sense about our team than many of our fans.

Only thang I'd be wunder'n bout wuz when is she gonna git in tha kitchen and russel up some dinner!! Haw Haw haw!!

Lookin like the Tribe got a few sitting out tonight. No show no play. Dees boys gotta be learned to foucs and be committed to tha plan.

There was I sitting at the Farragut game watching some DB players a leaning on the fence talking with the regular folks in the stands. Saw a player come off the field then go and take a rest on the bench. Boy I aint use to seeing a DB team do that.

Someone was telling me they overheard two women talking DB football today.One was trying to be cute and make jabs about DB not being the team to beat around here.The other had a son who had went to a county highschool but knew the game very well.She explained in a very polite way how DB had lost to a couple of very good teams that were not in the conference and than went on to tell her that ''yes '',DB was still the team to beat.When I heard that,I thought,why can't she be on coacht as maybe "wonder women ".Not that she is a women,but the simple fact that not even having anything to do with DB ,she had more common sense about our team than many of our fans.

Only thang I'd be wunder'n bout wuz when is she gonna git in tha kitchen and russel up some dinner!! Haw Haw haw!!

Lookin like the Tribe got a few sitting out tonight. No show no play. Dees boys gotta be learned to foucs and be committed to tha plan.

There was I sitting at the Farragut game watching some DB players a leaning on the fence talking with the regular folks in the stands. Saw a player come off the field then go and take a rest on the bench. Boy I aint use to seeing a DB team do that.

I won't touch the dinner thing,because I don't want to open a can of pork and beans tonight :shock: I can remember talking to the regular folks at some of my away games in east Tennesseee a few year back.Some were drinking Jack and calling us names my mom and dad wouldn't have liked me hearing ,others were throwing rocks at us.Those were the days :lol: .Really,A kid should be watching the game,for sure if he has to play.I don't mind seeing a few take a seat when playing a team like Farragut,but still should know whats going on.Funny post,by the way :lol:

Art

No Changes this week in our Kicking game this week except for the Punting. No need to go into detail on that though.

Hoople let me borrow his Crystal Ball this week and its telling me that we will make an extra point by someone this week even if its the waterboy or a drop kick through the goal posts of life.

Had a good week of practice for what its worth,,,,,,, Time Will Tell, See ya at the Game

Roll Tribe Roll

DB 31

Cougas 14

:D:D Honkey Tonk man Id like some of that Pot Roast & Taters

TCS.com must have seen the oversight and put the stats on the web.I'd like to see them go back a week for two guys that really earned it at Farragut and in the off season as well.With all David Roop done getting the guys together for throwing and running in the off season,he should get a lot of thanks .Cody Fuller put in countless work at the gym and has the guns to prove it.Lead by example, and both these young men are leaders on this team and should be given a big pat on the back.By the way,if anything important happens at practice or the QB meeting over the next couple of weeks,somebody let us know.

Art

No Changes this week in our Kicking game this week except for the Punting. No need to go into detail on that though.

Punting?? Is that going with Brett Anderson? He looked good last week, for sure better than Roop and we don't need Roop punting.

Why do you think G-Man is continuing on with the same kicking team? Are we nailing 50 yarders in practice?

Roll Tribe Roll

DB 26

Central 13