Wayne Co @ Richland

wildcatpride70

It does not help that Taylor's son is out there every Friday night acting like he runs the team. Can someone put that idiot in the basement and lock the doors? I would call him a dumb-$^% like Coach Taylor calls his players during practice, but I won't.

I heard that the son was even calling some of the plays on offense even though he is just a student -coach

And to people taking shots at Raider football, there is a lot of love for football at Richland. It's just Coach Taylor that ruins it for everyone. I had friends that wouldn't even go out for football just because of the head coach.

I have always thought the kids at Richland were hard working and loyal to the school they just need to be treated with respect and coached well to win.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not help that Taylor's son is out there every Friday night acting like he runs the team. Can someone put that idiot in the basement and lock the doors? I would call him a dumb-$^% like Coach Taylor calls his players during practice, but I won't.

I heard that the son was even calling some of the plays on offense even though he is just a student -coach

And to people taking shots at Raider football, there is a lot of love for football at Richland. It's just Coach Taylor that ruins it for everyone. I had friends that wouldn't even go out for football just because of the head coach.

I have always thought the kids at Richland were hard working and loyal to the school they just need to be treated with respect and coached well to win.

Yeah, Cody was calling plays last year too. It is a joke. As for kids working hard, some do. We had a lot of players last year that just hung out during practice. Taylor never did anything about it and they viewed him as a joke anyway. No one respects the man because he doesn't show why he deserves respect. He lets kids on his team get away with murder and has them back at the next practice.

If you can't tell, I am upset about my senior year last year. We went 4-6 but had the ability to go 6-4 easy. Taylor has no idea how to prepare his team for games, has no idea how to treat his players, and demands no respect at all. I really wish I had different memories of my football days.

Richland has all the elements to be a winner. I compare them to Mt. Pleasant of several years ago. They have great community support and an administrative that wants a competitive team. They have a good quality mix of country kids with grit and good athletes. I’m not sure of the current set-up, but there was a time when the High School coach also oversaw the Jr. High program which would give him total control of the entire system. If you can put in your system in Jr. High and overseen all the offseason of every player in your program you should be pretty good year in and year out. Richland is a football bomb waiting to explode. Good luck Raiders!

Richland has all the elements to be a winner. I compare them to Mt. Pleasant of several years ago. They have great community support and an administrative that wants a competitive team. They have a good quality mix of country kids with grit and good athletes. I’m not sure of the current set-up, but there was a time when the High School coach also oversaw the Jr. High program which would give him total control of the entire system. If you can put in your system in Jr. High and overseen all the offseason of every player in your program you should be pretty good year in and year out. Richland is a football bomb waiting to explode. Good luck Raiders!

I really hope for the little kids sake that Taylor never has control of their team. It would be okay if the middle school coach took over high school though. Coach Davis is a hard %*^ but at least he demands respect. At least I learned from him.

Oh my goodness, what are " all of the elements Richland has to make them winners? Please list them--other than community support... If the administration REALLY wanted them to be competivive, they would get rid of Taylor. I'm sure Mr. Laxson would like them to be competive, you are right, but if he REALLY REALLY wanted them to be as competive as Giles Co. High, he would be demanding a change in the coaching status.

As far as Taylor having total control over the entire system--no way! He can't do it, wouldn't do it, and the parents of the younger kids wouldn't let him do it! There is no way Richland is a football bomb waiting to happen. It should have happened a long time ago if it were going to . How long does a man need to build a good program? 15 -20 yrs.? Absolutely not! What business do you know allows their CEO even half that time to prove his/her worth? Dream on ddaddy. :thumb:

Oh my goodness, what are " all of the elements Richland has to make them winners? Please list them--other than community support... If the administration REALLY wanted them to be competivive, they would get rid of Taylor. I'm sure Mr. Laxson would like them to be competive, you are right, but if he REALLY REALLY wanted them to be as competive as Giles Co. High, he would be demanding a change in the coaching status.

As far as Taylor having total control over the entire system--no way! He can't do it, wouldn't do it, and the parents of the younger kids wouldn't let him do it! There is no way Richland is a football bomb waiting to happen. It should have happened a long time ago if it were going to . How long does a man need to build a good program? 15 -20 yrs.? Absolutely not! What business do you know allows their CEO even half that time to prove his/her worth? Dream on ddaddy. :oops:

Well said. Taylor has had long enough to build a good program and has not done it. He's getting his butt stomped every week, with opposing coaches being nice to him in the second half. Every game so far could have crossed 50-0 easy if the other teams had not put in second string (I've been to two of the games, and heard the 3rd one on radio). There is no reason why the guys I know on the team can not be just as good as some other teams. A lot of talent is being wasted by a very bad coach at RHS. Keep the position coaches because they know what they are doing. But the head coach and his son have to go. I can't figure out why parents are not more upset about the coaching problem. Is it really enough just to say your kid is on the team? Don't you want your kid to get something from the time spent in football? The more my family discusses my time there, the more angry with it we get.

I played last year and can say that Taylor is just collecting a paycheck. .

Maybe he is also trying to get his son a job as a coach?

:oops:

I'm pretty sure no one (from the locker room to the principal) wants to see that happen. The guy is stupid and has a cocky attitude. He thinks he knows more than the paid assistants. If Richland wants another 15 years of losing just hire another Taylor.

I do believe that Taylor is thinking that his son will be hired on and maybe take his place. The good thing about his son being out there on Friday nights is that people are able to see now,,, before he could ever behired,,, that he isn't coach material. We can at least be thankful for the opportunity to see now, rather than later, and not waste a yr. or so on that hire!

Being from Richland myself, and playing football during the good years, it is hard to believe the program has slipped this far. Richland admistration has had oppertunitys in the past to hire or promote good quality coaches. But they allow them to leave and go to other countys or do not hire them at all. So even if Taylor leaves or resigns, what makes you all think the next coach will be anything but a please all. They do not have the money to hire a well known coach, and doubtfull if any would come and coach, back in the day they went and got bud, then rogers, and chunn. I dont see that happening they need to search the talent pool of former players and find the best coach in the bunch. That is the only way the get success to return to raider land.

Being from Richland myself, and playing football during the good years, it is hard to believe the program has slipped this far. Richland admistration has had oppertunitys in the past to hire or promote good quality coaches. But they allow them to leave and go to other countys or do not hire them at all. So even if Taylor leaves or resigns, what makes you all think the next coach will be anything but a please all. They do not have the money to hire a well known coach, and doubtfull if any would come and coach, back in the day they went and got bud, then rogers, and chunn. I dont see that happening they need to search the talent pool of former players and find the best coach in the bunch. That is the only way the get success to return to raider land.

They already have a good coach and former player with Coach Hickman. He just can't do well because he has to deal with the two Taylors screwing everything up. I respect Coach Hickman because he knew what he was doing and never cussed me or my teammates. That can't be said of Taylor. He and his son constantly call the players dumb-$&^ every chance they get. I wanted to take his head off for calling me that.