Fairview goes to East Hickman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not afraid to say who i am. My name is Trey Arrowood and i am the quarter back for the east hickman eagles. i also happen to be the person who received the game ball against lorreto. i am very sorry to whoever was offended by me receiving this award. i had no control over who got it and who didn't. if it would've been up to me i would've given it to anyone but me because i made more than my fair share of mistakes and my teammates did a wonderful job. it cuts me deep to know that people out there think that i'm only in this for myself and not for the team. i just wanted everyone to know that it was not my choice to recieve that award and if i would've known that it was going to hurt one of my teammates feelings, i wouldn't have accepted it. good luck to both teams.

Sincerely,

Trey Arrowood #24

Whether you believe in game balls or not, it is obvious why the coaching staff chose #24 as the recipient of this award. Mr. Arrowood, you seem to be first class in my book and good luck to you. :thumb:

i am not afraid to say who i am. My name is Trey Arrowood and i am the quarter back for the east hickman eagles. i also happen to be the person who received the game ball against lorreto. i am very sorry to whoever was offended by me receiving this award. i had no control over who got it and who didn't. if it would've been up to me i would've given it to anyone but me because i made more than my fair share of mistakes and my teammates did a wonderful job. it cuts me deep to know that people out there think that i'm only in this for myself and not for the team. i just wanted everyone to know that it was not my choice to recieve that award and if i would've known that it was going to hurt one of my teammates feelings, i wouldn't have accepted it. good luck to both teams.

Sincerely,

Trey Arrowood #24

You just proved your more of an Adult than so many of these poster. You shouldn't have to do that, all you did was play the game for a win, everything else was out of your hands. Don't let this divide the team.......some adults have already tried to do that. You and your team mates stick together and let the kids chatter. Good luck to you and all of your "TEAMMATES". :roflol:

Sincerely,

Trey Arrowood #24

Trey,

I understand your frustration. Keep your head up. You obviously did something to deserve the award or you wouldn't have got it. I know how people can be in that community. Some people want all the glory, when its not about that. I wish you guys the best of luck this week and all season. Keep stirring the chili! Tell the other guys to keep it up and let C. Phillips know that I am keeping up with the tackles between him and Frazier.

-Coach B

Well said Coach B!

To the old guard (the original players from day one) and coaches at East Hickman:

Don't let anyone or anything drive a wedge between you guys or you and the coaching staff. The beautiful thing about stepping across that track and onto the field is everything else fades into the backdrop, it is inconsequential for a moment in time. You become part of a special fraternity of young men and coaches that have bled,sweat and worked together towards a common goal. It is not easy, if it was, more young men would heed the call to play and coach this great sport. To be a part of something special often creates jealousy among those that don't understand what it takes to be a student/athlete or pick up the whistle and mould a group of individuals into a TEAM. Sports teach life lessons and those that seek to criticize your efforts are part of that lesson. Remember, they may pay to watch the game, but they are not who you play or coach for.

I am proud of what you guys have accomplished this season!

To the naysayers, let those that play-do the playing and let those that coach- do the coaching,

to the rest of you that don't do either.......buy a ticket, a hotdog and a cold drink and support your team! Don't come on here and state you are a supporter then criticise the players and the coaches.

You can't have it both ways........

Play hard and good luck against Fairview! Coach P.

Best of luck to East tonight! Hope both teams stay injury free.

Sorry to read some of the other junk on this thread. I hate to see people jumping on here to complain about how the coaches are doing things. 2-0 is a great start! Some things must be going right. This year's region schedule will be tough one, if some people are already griping at 2-0, a loss or two against some quality opponents might really bring the crazies out of the woodwork. You would have thought we would learn our lesson, can't attract and keep good coaches without the support of the community.

Even more disturbing is dragging a high school football player through the mud to the point he feels that he has to come on here and explain himself. Shameful I say.

People thrive on the drama I guess. Best of luck to the players and coaches this season!