Spring Hill @ Giles Co.

Raiders0410

As predicted a 3TD win for the Bobcats. 42-21

The last score by giles was not priceless;........but "classless".

Less than 3 minutes to go and giles is up by 14.

SH has just turned the ball over on downs at about mid field and is down to 1 time out.

giles runs the flea flicker for the their last score.

padding stats and points doesn't impress anyone.

1st half 21-21. One of the most exciting first halfs of football i've seen in a long time. :thumb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, this was a much better game then the score indicates. Spring Hill has a very good ball team that I predict will meet Giles in the playoffs. Loveless was a playmaker tonight. Probably the best looking player on the field for either team. The play before halftime was well setup. The coaching staff has done a wonderful job in offensive scheming. The defense was alot better than I thought they would be.

I would like to apologize on behalf of all Giles county fans for the two students with the flags running through the visitor's stands. That was very disrespectful. Another disrespectful thing that happened tonight was OC running the score up. Throwing the ball with a 2 TD lead and 2 and half minutes left is uncalled for. The only reason I can think of doing this would be to get Bo his stats. They did the same thing last week. They were throwing late in the game in the rain with a big lead. Two weeks in a row that they've done this....I just don't understand.

It ain't the first time GC has done this. The purpose is to send a "message". I have the coach's phone number at GC if you want to complain....but he won't return your call.

Been there seen that don't like it...it will come home to roost one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a horrible message he's sending. I have his number too lol and even if you did get a hold of him, he could care less what you think. He's a very hard headed man. I think he earned a nickname last year that applies here....RunItUpRufus.

First off, this was a much better game then the score indicates. Spring Hill has a very good ball team that I predict will meet Giles in the playoffs. Loveless was a playmaker tonight. Probably the best looking player on the field for either team. The play before halftime was well setup. The coaching staff has done a wonderful job in offensive scheming. The defense was alot better than I thought they would be.

I would like to apologize on behalf of all Giles county fans for the two students with the flags running through the visitor's stands. That was very disrespectful. Another disrespectful thing that happened tonight was OC running the score up. Throwing the ball with a 2 TD lead and 2 and half minutes left is uncalled for. The only reason I can think of doing this would be to get Bo his stats. They did the same thing last week. They were throwing late in the game in the rain with a big lead. Two weeks in a row that they've done this....I just don't understand.

MW, Good Post!

It was a better game than the score indicates.

As far as the students, I'm just glad there was some security around to protect them from some very irate SH students who were going to possibly make it worse.

I really don't understand either why a coach would feel the need to pad any players stats?

SH will go back to work tomorrow and keep working to get better.

They are going to have to shore up their defense in some areas.

You might be right...........giles and SH may meet again. :thumb:

MW, Good Post!

As far as the students, I'm just glad there was some security around to protect them from some very irate SH students who were going to possibly make it worse.

I really don't understand either why a coach would feel the need to pad any players stats?

You might be right...........giles and SH may meet again. :flower:

In a way I wish the security wasn't over there, so maybe they would learn their lesson....

I think that the reason he's padding Bo's stats is because he's not getting as much attention as they believe he "deserves". But who knows??? :thumb:

I hope i'm right because I would love to see a rematch of this game. :thumb: Spring Hill is a very disciplined team. I think they could make it if they keep focused. I have tons of respect for this team. They fought until the end.

MW, Good Post!

You might be right...........giles and SH may meet again. :thumb:

In a way I wish the security wasn't over there, so maybe they would learn their lesson....

I think that the reason he's padding Bo's stats is because he's not getting as much attention as they believe he "deserves". But who knows??? :thumb:

I hope i'm right because I would love to see a rematch of this game. :lol: Spring Hill is a very disciplined team. I think they could make it if they keep focused. I have tons of respect for this team. They fought until the end.

No I'm glad security were there because it could have got real ugly real quick with all the students getting in trouble.

While scouts look at stats, that's not really all that important to them.

They want to see film and not just highlight stuff either.

They want to see how a player reacts when things ain't goin their way.

It won't impress scouts that someone throws a TD pass on a trick play with the game in hand.

Might actually take away from a fine performance :flower: .

I'm excited to see my former team produce these last couple of wins. After that big loss to Cookeville I was wondering how this senior led team would handle it, and they came back with strong resolve and effort. Having played with the seniors and helped coach the underclassman I follow everything these guys do from Knoville and listen to their games over the radio on the internet on friday nights. Even though I won't be at their games for my own athletic obligations, I'll be there in spirit getting up for those guys.

About this contreversy about the last score, may I just say I was not present at the game. But that being said I know that Coach O'Conner wants his team to send out a message everytime they step out on to the field. Giles County wants to not only beat you, but wants you to know they beat you. If OC decided to throw a trick play at the last minute to pad stats then that's his own decision, but the players have no say in the play calling. I don't condone running up scores, but it's football, it's a competitive full contact game, it's not for everyone .

I'm glad to hear that Spring Hill has improved and that their fans are so confident in their team, when a community gets behind a team, it gives that team all the more confidence and pride in their performance on the field. In my last 3 years of high school football Pulaski Tn really rallied behind my football team and I know we all enjoyed that sense of pride we felt when we ran onto the field Friday nights in those black and gold jerseys and singing the Alma Mater afterwards.

Go Cats! and V-O-L-S Go Vols Go!

I too would like to apologize for the boys, I know all the GC fans sitting around me didn't appreciate the boys running through Spring Hill's fans with those flags. We all thought it was TACKY! Hopefully someone will talk with them and it won't happen again.

I was wrong. :thumb:

It's okay to have confidence in your team-I just knew GC would beat Cookeville. Spring Hill had me a little concerned in the first half. I also think we will be seeing them again in the playoffs and the running up the score will only serve to add fuel to Spring Hill's fire. They are a very good team and should be respected.

Wow! this must have been yall's first football game to watch. With a two touchdown lead the Bobcats were 3 plays away from being tied. A td, onside kick and td. Something the first half Spring Hill team may have very well been able to pull off. The last touchdown was an intermediate pass and a great long run by 14. Had the raiders practiced tackling a bit more the ball would have been at midfield. C'mon people don't be hatin on 12 just because he can make plays.

Wow! this must have been yall's first football game to watch. With a two touchdown lead the Bobcats were 3 plays away from being tied. A td, onside kick and td. Something the first half Spring Hill team may have very well been able to pull off. The last touchdown was an intermediate pass and a great long run by 14. Had the raiders practiced tackling a bit more the ball would have been at midfield. C'mon people don't be hatin on 12 just because he can make plays.

Who are you talking to and what do you mean by this must have been yall's first football game to watch?

I'm not hating on Bo, I'm complaining about OC's arrogant playcalling.