West Greene vs Grainger Co.

drewcrew96

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one to call. I've seen WG and they are certainly a program on the rise. They are big up front with a really good ball carrier in Boles. I know very little about their D. The only info I've personally gathered on Grainger is what I saw at the jamboree and studying their games so far.

SG beat the Grizzlies bad last year at Grainger and barely escaped the range against WG with a 3 point win. It appears that Grainger is not as good as last year, especially due to the loss of their senior qb. So I would think WG wins given how they've improved.

But, a plus in Grainger's column is level of competition played. They got demolished by GHS in the jamboree and have given up big losses to Gibbs and Carter. All these are very tough teams compared to the Class A Hancock and Cloudland wins that WG has. This is not to diminish WG's wins, they won convincingly.

I think WG is the better football team and should open up the conference with a win, probably a good game but WG should stretch it to at least a 10 point win.

I think WGHS will handle Grainger fairly well. Defense looks strong they do bend a little but don't break. Our passing game might hurt us in some upcoming games but we do have a potent running attack. As long as we don't get behind early and keep games close I think we have a real shot of winning a lot of games.

Its real hard to say. I know most of us haven't got a good glimpse of Grainger and like said above they lost their biggest play maker in last years QB. I have seen game film of the two loses to Gibbs and Carter but also those teams are very tough. However, I wouldn't see the WG team losing 60-14 to Gibbs. I think WG will win this one but they cant be expecting a easy win. Grainger is going to come to "The Range" hungry and looking for their first win especially the conference opener. So the buffs got to work hard, keep getting better and put another win on the stat sheet. I know Coach Case will have the Buffs ready and I'm very confident in them. GO BUFFS!

They won't be able to stop the Boles express! :D

Boles express?? haha sounds like a true West Greene boast of over confidence. Wait until WG plays someone with a real defense that can stop the run. Cloudland wasn't bad but they simply don't have much of a defense. Therefore, when you face a real defense Boles may not be quite as effective. B) Plus, he'll the big stats now be teams will key on him, and WG has nothin else to go to....

They won't be able to stop the Boles express! :D

Boles express?? haha sounds like a true West Greene boast of over confidence. Wait until WG plays someone with a real defense that can stop the run. Cloudland wasn't bad but they simply don't have much of a defense. Therefore, when you face a real defense Boles may not be quite as effective. B) Plus, he'll the big stats now be teams will key on him, and WG has nothin else to go to....

Didn't South Greene get beat by Cloudland in summer scrimmages? B)