West Greene vs Grainger Co.

drewcrew96

Quote from Coach Case in the Greeneville Sun:

"I thought the difference was we got physically whipped up front by their defense," West Greene Coach Joe Case said after the game. "The teams that Grainger had played (in the first two weeks) were better than the teams we played, and I think we learned a lesson the hard way. We didn't prepare very well this week, and that's my fault."

I think WG really needs to toughen their out of conference schedule up next year. Looks like WG coaches may have figured that out last night.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!! :D Talk is cheap and last nights game proved just that. You dont go off sayin how you're going to beat everyone unless you know for a fact that you will throttle them.... Though West greene may be the better team, Grainger did the smart thing and scheduled Gibbs and Carter to get prepared and to get their season going. On the other hand, West greene decides to get the two easy W's with cloudland and hancock (no disrespect) and learned the hard way that taking shortcuts will catch up to you down the road. I hope to see greeneville, south greene, and the rest of the county schools do well because they're keeping their mouths shut and their egos in check. And im not talking about posts on coach t....theres always a small handful of fans from each school that get a little post happy :D

LOL! Losing to Grainger? :thumb: WG fans forgot who their team really was until last night...probably shouldn't have been talking like they were going to romp all over Grainger. :thumb: It had been about 4-5 years since West Greene played Rutledge and it's been 15 years since the Buffs beat Rutledge/Grainger. The streak continues and thankfully for Grainger it was a district win.

Some of the woofing mimicked the way Cosby fans were yapping last season when they were undefeated coming in...and the result was the same.

Thanks guys...I'm sure all the chatter fired up coaches and players during the last few days. The young Grizz needed some added motivation as if losing two a pair of KFL schools wasn't enough.

Anyway...good luck the rest of the way, but keep the expectations on an even keel.

For the record Kev.....I am not a WG fan....but its an off week for Greeneville and I thought after 2 W's in a row, the Buffs could pull it off.

I knew you weren't a WG fan barb...I've seen your posts in the Greeneville threads before. 2 W's yes, but against a second year varisty team and a rebuilding Cloudland.

I wasn't thrilled with the prospects of Grainger starting 0-3, but I felt like WG well-wishers were getting a little to boisterous in thinking the Grizzlies would let them run all over them.

Okay 1st of all WG hasnt even had to use the Passing Game, when they can run and run and run all day long why go away from it??? sounds like a lil strategy myself there bud...just because we dont play like SG doesnt mean WG isnt coached well. Coach Case is a guy who likes power football and eating up the clock when ever your running the ball and gaining yds then touchdowns and taking all the time off the clock your going win games and thats exactly how Coach Case sees it, STRATEGY! When teams begin to focus on Boles we can also use 3 other backs who are at his level, then dont forget last week when we ran and ran and ran over cloudland and when they went to contain Boles we hit them with a 47 yd touchdown pass. WG has yet to play a game to their full abilities and when they get in rythm Id watch out, yes even you Greeneville. Anyways good luck to all county teams...Bear season has offically opened at "The Range" The Buffaloes are going to rip into the Grainger Grizzlies.

"Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, Bones Heal" Go WG

Man, Bear Season didn't last very long! I hear from the Grizzlies that buffalo tastes pretty good after a WIN! All joking aside, the Grizzlies are on a down year. If this is supposed to be an up year for the Buffs, I would hate to see them in a down year. Oh, wait I have. I think scheduling two pushovers and getting two wins, excited the West Green fan base, which is usually good. I just think the Buffs have never had much success and the fans don't know how to handle it. They will probably still end up around 5-5 with four single A teams on the schedule. That is probably good enough for them to say it was a good year. I thought it was funny to hear all the predictions on how bad the Buffs were going whup up on the Grizzlies. To me, it looked like the Buffs got tired in the third and fourth quarter. The Grizzlies were able to keep them on their heels late in the game. We know WE are inexperienced, but one thing for sure our guys are used to putting it on the line everyday. They will play hard and get better as the season goes on. Most teams will know they have been in a battle after playing the Grizzlies, Win or Lose. Good luck Grizzlies!

OH MY GOSH , THIS IS REALLY FUNNY ! WATCH OUT GREENEVILLE AND SOUTH GREENE WHAT A JOKE ! WHEN WG GETS DONE ROLLING OVER THOSE BIG BAD SINGLE A TEAMS LIKE CLOUDLAND AND UNAKA AND FACE A TEAM OF THEIR OWN SIZE ( OH WAIT A MINUTE SG IS ONLY ABOUT 20 STUDENTS OVER THE LIMIT OF BEING SINGLE A THEIRSELF ) IT WILL BE A RUDE AWAKENING ! IF SG CAN SCORE 55 POINTS ON A TEAM LIKE CUMBERLAND GAP THERE MAY NOT BE ENUF ROOM ON THE SCOREBOARD FOR THE POINTS THEY WILL PUT UP AGAINST WG . BOLES EXPRESS HUH ? IF GHS OR SG BACKS CARRIED THE BALL 30 TIMES A GAME THEY WOULD HAVE BIG NUMBERS TOO. ID SAY SG WINS BY 30 AND GOSH ID HATE TO THINK HOW BAD GHS WILL BEAT THOSE BAD BUFFALOS FROM MOSHIEM . BUT JUST KEEP TALKIN IT UP , THIS IS WAY FUNNIER THAN ANYTHING ON COMEDY CENTRAL . AND REMEMBER GHS , WATCH OUT FOR THE BUFFS . HALL , STORY , ROLLINS GET READY FOR THE 140LB BOLES EXPRESS . BOOMSHACALACKA :thumb::ph34r:

OH MY GOSH , THIS IS REALLY FUNNY ! WATCH OUT GREENEVILLE AND SOUTH GREENE WHAT A JOKE ! WHEN WG GETS DONE ROLLING OVER THOSE BIG BAD SINGLE A TEAMS LIKE CLOUDLAND AND UNAKA AND FACE A TEAM OF THEIR OWN SIZE ( OH WAIT A MINUTE SG IS ONLY ABOUT 20 STUDENTS OVER THE LIMIT OF BEING SINGLE A THEIRSELF ) IT WILL BE A RUDE AWAKENING ! IF SG CAN SCORE 55 POINTS ON A TEAM LIKE CUMBERLAND GAP THERE MAY NOT BE ENUF ROOM ON THE SCOREBOARD FOR THE POINTS THEY WILL PUT UP AGAINST WG . BOLES EXPRESS HUH ? IF GHS OR SG BACKS CARRIED THE BALL 30 TIMES A GAME THEY WOULD HAVE BIG NUMBERS TOO. ID SAY SG WINS BY 30 AND GOSH ID HATE TO THINK HOW BAD GHS WILL BEAT THOSE BAD BUFFALOS FROM MOSHIEM . BUT JUST KEEP TALKIN IT UP , THIS IS WAY FUNNIER THAN ANYTHING ON COMEDY CENTRAL . AND REMEMBER GHS , WATCH OUT FOR THE BUFFS . HALL , STORY , ROLLINS GET READY FOR THE 140LB BOLES EXPRESS . BOOMSHACALACKA :thumb::ph34r:

Wow it is funny huh lol

Wg will get destroyed by both teams i Believe.

Greeneville will kill them i know.

GHS vs. SG will be the same i believe.

Devils wont have any trouble at all in this conference.

Wow it is funny huh lol

Ya know I get so tired of you Greeneville people going on every thread and sayin how your gonna beat everybody. It's really quite pointless. We all know your better than the Greene County Schools. You should be and are expected to be. I mean you do have more freshman on your JV than South Greene does players on there entire team. You all are not really proving anything by beating county schools besides that you got more funding, better facilities, and you are as good as you should be. Yeah WG and CD are close to the same size schools, but SG isn't. I'd be willing to bet that they will give you a better game than anyone else in the county maybe even the conference. Fact is, your probably gonna win the conference without a loss, your gonna beat every county team unless something goes terribly wrong, and you should do good in playoffs. So enjoy it while you can because in years to come your either gonna sink to your conference level or they will rise up to yours.

Wow it is funny huh lol

Ya know I get so tired of you Greeneville people going on every thread and sayin how your gonna beat everybody. It's really quite pointless. We all know your better than the Greene County Schools. You should be and are expected to be. I mean you do have more freshman on your JV than South Greene does players on there entire team. You all are not really proving anything by beating county schools besides that you got more funding, better facilities, and you are as good as you should be. Yeah WG and CD are close to the same size schools, but SG isn't. I'd be willing to bet that they will give you a better game than anyone else in the county maybe even the conference. Fact is, your probably gonna win the conference without a loss, your gonna beat every county team unless something goes terribly wrong, and you should do good in playoffs. So enjoy it while you can because in years to come your either gonna sink to your conference level or they will rise up to yours.

Man, you sure do whine ALOT! I can assure that it's not Greenevilles players or coaches talking smack on here. Its us has beens and wannabe's that do all the smack talking. Greeneville #1 is just mouthy, ignore that, you don't need to be so sensitive. Its the kids and the parents in the county that choose to play football at lower funded, worse facilitated schools. You can come to Greeneville and have all of those things too. Or just whine about it on CoachT.

Wow it is funny huh lol

Just so ya know Greeneville can move out of this division in two years if they choose to.

Man, you sure do whine ALOT! I can assure that it's not Greenevilles players or coaches talking smack on here. Its us has beens and wannabe's that do all the smack talking. Greeneville #1 is just mouthy, ignore that, you don't need to be so sensitive. Its the kids and the parents in the county that choose to play football at lower funded, worse facilitated schools. You can come to Greeneville and have all of those things too. Or just whine about it on CoachT.

Shoot, I'm not whining. I'm just saying what i think. I wouldn't change where I went to school if i had it to do over. Hec, aside from my senior year Greeneville wasn't even that good at football. I was happy playing ball at SG, but thats just me. Its not really the kids and parents choice, who wants to pay to go to a public school? And yeah Im a has been, too. Also, there is worse schools than the county schools.