Best/Worst High School Stadiums

UpNorth

Have not seen it personally, but from the pictures I've seen Giles Co would have to rank high.

2100 seats per side, beautiful press box and nice brick work.

Maury County Stadium/Jim Cartwright Field (Columbia Central) although pretty old is still a very nice place to play as well. It is maintained very well by the county.

Best playing surface that I've seen; Hands Down; is Trousdale County. I've played on some pretty expensive golf course whose fairways weren't that nice. :popcorneater:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton has a nice stadium and all the seats are good for watching the game. Parking is rough if you do not know your way around. South and North have good stadiums but parking is bad their also.

Come to some of the smaller schools and some larger ones and they have awful places to play. I do not want to make anyone mad :popcorneater:

no doubt about the worst - HANDS DOWN - BTW in Memphis

About 65 years old, the retaining fence is 4 yards from the sideline. litterally the team has 1 yard betweeen the "get back" line in front of them and the fence behind them. Players going out of bounds continuously run into the fence.There is a housing project directly to the north where projectilles get routinly tossed at team buses - both home and visitor - no discremination on whose bus gets rocked. the lights are old and dim. the press box has a cage built onto the windows, the scoreboard works only occaisinally, and in the event of rain, the sidelines DO NOT drain, so the team not only has 1 yard of room to stand in on the sidelind, but it will also be 3-5 inches deep in muddy water. And, to top it off - You must ask Mckenzie folk about this one, the parking lot is across the street from the stadium, which sounds like no big deal until you realize that it is shared by the stadium and a bar next door called the "Gay Hawk" whose Friday night crowd is interesting, to say the least.

I doubt anyone can come up with a "worse" this this one - and this is all completely true

Giles County's newly renovated stadium is the best i've ever been to in Tennessee. Really loud and has a great atmosphere.

While I haven't had the chance to see the new field in Pulaski, as long as "The Hickory House" is next door, you will have the best atmosphere in the state. The only thing that beats the smell of the smoke drifting over the field is going through the buffet line there. :thumb:

Worst stadium by far is in carthage Smith county. If you are unlucky enough to play there be sure and take a flash lite. the end zone are dark, unless they have improved the lighting lately

Just because you couldn't FIND IT don't blame the lighting :thumb: Sounds like you need to do some checking. Smith Co. is one of the best small town stadiums/atmospheres in the state. This comes from radio stations, newspapers and visitors. Now, that being said there are always improvements that could be made. Parking for one. But don't feel bad. A lot of "terminators" have trouble finding the endzone there. If lighting is the problem, you should have scheduled them early in August or September. You might have scored before the sun went down. :|

Why are you "not impressed" with Alcoas stadium. The visitors bleachers are more then enough room for visiting teams (except for the Maryville game Obviously). The home side is smaller then the away side but the concrete seats are tradition. Pack us in tight we're one big family. I would hate the atmosphere of a football game if the stadium was giant and you had all kinds of room to move. Alcoa is a very tough place to play

Do not worry about this yank's post. Alcoa's stadium will be replaced when the new school is built. Bottomline: I prefer having a decent stadium and a five-time in a row state champion program than a great stadium and an average program. :thumb:

Just wanted to give this thread a shot. I am from Ohio and get down to Tennessee quite often. I was curious to hear/see what everyones opinion were on the best and worst high school stadiums were down there.

I can say this, I have been to Scott County High School, Oneida High School, York Institute as well as Alcoa. I have not been impressed with any of them.

Scott County has no atmosphere at all within the stadium maybe because they are on again off again with their teams.

Oneida has a nice little stadium and a good fanbase but I believe could use more seating.

York is just terrible. I was there for the Scott-York game and yes I know the state is not being nice with the funding but what about a booster club for the football program?

Alcoa- For as much tradition as this program has why not a nicer stadium? I was not impressed with the bleachers or field at all.

That would be correct. I have told the Alcoans that their place is a dump and all they do is name call and fark. Bottom line is....with an incredible tax base and one of the largest companies globally sitting in their back yard it's an embarrassment to NOT have a top notch facility. Alcoa has impressive basketball and baseball facilities but not much is spent, or is evident that monies were allocated, for the football facilities.