Best/Worst High School Stadiums

UpNorth

You all should check out Greeneville High's stadium it deserves some recognition.

http://www.greenevillefootball.com/images/newfield1000.jpg

Thats one thing I like about your stadiums down there no tracks around the field. Here in the north you will find a majority of the stadiums with that dang track forcing you further from the field!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competitor

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 pm Re: Best/Worst High School Stadiums

by Advisor » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 pm

FactsOnly wrote:

For pure electric atmosphere, Melrose in Memphis. Intense but friendly fans. I heard "welcome to Melrose" in big booming voices more than once. Food unmatched (I've had worse in major league ballparks). Barbequed chicken and pork with all the trimmings sold from the sidewalk. The alpha vendors serve the plate through a hole in the fence, while the newbies have to slide it under. Cars on Park Avenue stop to get supper who aren't even going to the game. Was there for playoffs last year and intend to go back this year whether my team plays or not.

I agree 100% with the Melrose statement! There is NO BETTER place to watch a high school football game than Orange Mound..home of the Golden Wildcats of Memphis Melrose. When we go there (usually 3rd round of playoffs) they open the gates...and a convoy of motorcoaches and limos park on the field! It's the best atmosphere in Tennessee...and there's really not a close 2nd.

Now, with all that being said, the atmosphere at Henry County is absolutely unbelievable. The new 7 booth press box and the new scoreboard with jumbotron has added not only to the facilities eye appeal...but has even further lifted the level of excitement on game nights! No one travels like the Patriots! Last year, HC had more fans at every game than their opponent even on the road! The most shocking was Thanksgiving weekend at Hillsboro in the Semi Finals. Even though the Patriots came up a TD short, 80% of the stadium was wearing HC Patriot red!

But, add Patriot Stadium to the list...plus...many schools have bought the new $400,000 field turf...but still do not have the playing surface as the Patriots have in Paris. There natural grass is world class!

p.s. Although historic, whoever said JCM's Rothrock Stadium as part of this list hasn't been to many high school games. It is a dump! The same hold true for Southside

i guess you have not been to the rock in a while they have realy fixed it up

and southside has had one of the best stadiums in west tn for a while now

maybe you are still bitter from the 2 l ss gave the patriots the last 2 times they played

Competitor

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 pm Re: Best/Worst High School Stadiums

by Advisor » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 pm

FactsOnly wrote:

For pure electric atmosphere, Melrose in Memphis. Intense but friendly fans. I heard "welcome to Melrose" in big booming voices more than once. Food unmatched (I've had worse in major league ballparks). Barbequed chicken and pork with all the trimmings sold from the sidewalk. The alpha vendors serve the plate through a hole in the fence, while the newbies have to slide it under. Cars on Park Avenue stop to get supper who aren't even going to the game. Was there for playoffs last year and intend to go back this year whether my team plays or not.

I agree 100% with the Melrose statement! There is NO BETTER place to watch a high school football game than Orange Mound..home of the Golden Wildcats of Memphis Melrose. When we go there (usually 3rd round of playoffs) they open the gates...and a convoy of motorcoaches and limos park on the field! It's the best atmosphere in Tennessee...and there's really not a close 2nd.

Now, with all that being said, the atmosphere at Henry County is absolutely unbelievable. The new 7 booth press box and the new scoreboard with jumbotron has added not only to the facilities eye appeal...but has even further lifted the level of excitement on game nights! No one travels like the Patriots! Last year, HC had more fans at every game than their opponent even on the road! The most shocking was Thanksgiving weekend at Hillsboro in the Semi Finals. Even though the Patriots came up a TD short, 80% of the stadium was wearing HC Patriot red!

But, add Patriot Stadium to the list...plus...many schools have bought the new $400,000 field turf...but still do not have the playing surface as the Patriots have in Paris. There natural grass is world class!

p.s. Although historic, whoever said JCM's Rothrock Stadium as part of this list hasn't been to many high school games. It is a dump! The same hold true for Southside

i guess you have not been to the rock in a while they have realy fixed it up

and southside has had one of the best stadiums in west tn for a while now

maybe you are still bitter from the 2 l ss gave the patriots the last 2 times they played

Again..let me REPEAT...Rothrock is a wonderful stadium which houses alot of history and is adequate more than adequate for the schools (JCM and Lane) that it serves. (since nobody shows up to the games) Hats off to those who have given of their time and money to give it a face lift. But it is NOT among the nicest in Tennessee or West TN!! And certainly, Southside isn't among the top 20 west of the Tennessee River...neither the facilities NOR atmosphere!! Just so everyone is on the same page...best stadiums would be like...Christian Brothers, Dyersburg, Germantown, Hardin County, Dyer County, Henry Co, Bartlett, Cordova, Munford, Brighton, etc, etc...in Middle TN...MBA,Dickson Co., Brentwood High, Ravenwood, Centennial, Smyrna, Franklin Co., Lincoln Co., Father Ryan (brand new), Cookeville...East TN...Oak Ridge, Dobyns-Bennett, Greenville, Baylor....these are nice facilities! Jackson's best is USJ...and it would rank in the "OK' level...not the best in TN!!

Yes..Southside played Henry Co. 2 really nice games...the only sad part is that hardly any Southside fans were there to see either victory. As I recall, HC played at Southside for their Homecoming...and HC had 3 if not 4 times the number of people that the Hawks had! Thus..maybe Southside should reduce the size of the home side and increase the vistors seating! Then it may rank among the state's best!

I have to give Sequatchie Co. the edge on what is most likley one of if not the best stadium in SE Tennessee. Every friday night regaurdless of the teams condition, its packed. The field is the best i have ever steped foot on and the structure of the stadium really trapes all the sound.

Here are a couple more I found:

Ironton Tanks Stadium- Home of the Ironton Tigers. Very very very old stadium with a ton of history. I love the covered stands very unique to high school football.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... m_wide.jpg

Dublin Scioto Stadium - Home of the Scioto Irish. Typical affluent high school with turf

http://www.sciotofootball.com/images/st ... adium6.jpg

Cincinnati Colerain Stadium - Home of the Colerain Cardinals. Newer field they made it unique with the off color green every five yards.

http://www.colerainboosters.com/gallery ... ld0717.jpg

Crater Stadium- Home of the Dover Tornadoes. Very nice facility their rivalry with the New Philadelphia Quakers is one of the oldest in the state.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/crat ... 4Oct03.jpg

Grove City Stadium - Home of the Grove City Greyhounds. Very sad situation in this school district and other Grove City schools. Voters did not pass a levy to increase money needed for the schools. Therefore all sports were done away with, no kid should have to go through something like that.

http://www.swcs.us/buildings/GCHSweb/03 ... /Dawgs.jpg

And a few more......

Piqua Alexander Stadium - Home of the Piqua Indians. Very new stadium, host many playoff games.

http://www.piquamusic.com/files/image/stadium.jpg

Troy Memorial Stadium - Home of the Troy Trojans. Their Rivalry with Piqua I think is the oldest in the State of Ohio.

http://image20.webshots.com/20/8/96/23/ ... bLs_ph.jpg

Wildcat Stadium - Home to the Mogadore Wildcats. Mogadore has a rich football history and tradition. They are in the playoffs every year and usually make some noise when in them.

http://www.mogadorefootball.com/stadium.html

Mentor Stadium - Home to the Mentor Cardinals and Lake Catholic Cougars. Mentor is one of the largest schools in Ohio.

http://www.1team1dream.com/stadium.html

Jackson Alumni Stadium - Home of the Jackson Ironmen.

http://www.stadiumconnection.com/stadium.php?id=1158

West Portsmouth Stadium "The Rock" - Home of the West Portsmouth Senators

http://www.west.k12.oh.us/highschool/Gr ... Darker.jpg

Let me make this statement on this forum as their a few over in 5A/6A who think I am trying to make this a competition. Ohio vs. Tennessee. Thats not what I am trying to do at all with this thread. I am simply trying to see some photos of the stadiums down in Tennessee good or bad. I know the pictures I have posted the stadiums are pretty nice but believe me we have more DUMPS up here than good ones.

If you guys can post pics please do I just like seeing where high school athletes are playing and the unique design and setup of each facility.

LOL, I Was Invited to Post On The Worst Stadium Anyplace In Any State. BTW....BOOKER T. WASHINGTON Is The Place If You Ever Wanted to Give Football Stadiums An Enema Stick It There! If I Ever Go Back There I'm Taking My Glock. And Someone Might Get Capped. I Was In Fear Of Being Mugged, My Truck Vandalized, And Even Being Gang Raped By The Perverts, That Have A Gay Bar Adjacent To The Parking Lot For This Stadium. Did You Read This Right? I Said Gay Bar, Connected To The Parking Lot Of This Stadium. This Place Is In The Center Of Gangland In Downtown Memphis. The Stadium Is Subject To Constant Vandalism. And They Can't Repair It Or Protect It. And You Feel Subjected To Violence At Any Moment. Manassas Plays There And Lord Please Protect Them. They Don't Have Thier Own Field Yet But Hopefully Soon. Now This Is In No Means A Post to Degrade Manassas. They Are A Real Classy Bunch. But This Is The Worst Place To Play Ever. the Field Is No More Than A Mowed Plowed Field. And The Stands Are Horrible. Concrete Blocks With Warped Boards. So I Beg Anyone To Find A Worst Stadium Anyplace.