Seymour - Cocke County Game - Never seen before event!

piledrived

I attended the Seymour game last night and it was a long night for the visiting team Cocke County. Seymour won the game 51-0, but I thought I would mention something that had a few fans on the home side dying laughing. I have never, and I mean NEVER seen what I am about to post. In all my years of watching all level of football, I have never witnessed whats next.

Seymour got a safety, and we all know what that means. The visiting team has to either free punt or kick the ball from the 20.

Cocke County sends out a longsnapper........ :roflol: I AINT MAKING THIS UP! The punter was around the 7 or 8 yardline maybe and the one kid snaps the ball and then the kick is made. :lol: So why in the world would a coach give up 10 or more yards on a free kick, even from the 20 yard line???!!? :roflol:

I hope some other Seymour fans can vouch for this because people think I am making it up. Sorry, but I am still laughing over this one, but for any Cocke County fans I have to ask on why your team would do this. :lol:

I attended the Seymour game last night and it was a long night for the visiting team Cocke County. Seymour won the game 51-0, but I thought I would mention something that had a few fans on the home side dying laughing. I have never, and I mean NEVER seen what I am about to post. In all my years of watching all level of football, I have never witnessed whats next.

Seymour got a safety, and we all know what that means. The visiting team has to either free punt or kick the ball from the 20.

Cocke County sends out a longsnapper........ :| I AINT MAKING THIS UP! The punter was around the 7 or 8 yardline maybe and the one kid snaps the ball and then the kick is made. :blink: So why in the world would a coach give up 10 or more yards on a free kick, even from the 20 yard line???!!? :thumb:

I hope some other Seymour fans can vouch for this because people think I am making it up. Sorry, but I am still laughing over this one, but for any Cocke County fans I have to ask on why your team would do this. :|

Folks... this guy is right on! I spoke with a parent of a currrent player at CCHS as well as one of the middle school coaches that was in attendance and both confirmed the above story. I have to say that I am shocked because the head coach has college playing experience and should definately know the rules, but the others... who knows. The parent is not at all happy, but he says he will continue to support for now.