Goodpasture at CPA

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted earlier preseason, CPA is outmatched in size and numbers in their classification, and to wins games I predicted they would have to use their coaching and passing game to outscore people. This has proven accurate as they have given up over 35 points per game in 3 losses and have scored about 25 per game.

IMO, the glory days of CPA football are gone (hopefully, temporarily) and they are now a lower tier 3A team. Looking at their schedule this year, they will be fortunate to win 2-3 games. They just don't have the enrollment and enough athletes to compete with the teams they are now playing in their new Region.

If Goodpasture is smart, they will play nickel and dime coverage on defense, and run the ball every play. If they do that, I can't see CPA staying in the game.

As I posted earlier preseason, CPA is outmatched in size and numbers in their classification, and to wins games I predicted they would have to use their coaching and passing game to outscore people. This has proven accurate as they have given up over 35 points per game in 3 losses and have scored about 25 per game.

IMO, the glory days of CPA football are gone (hopefully, temporarily) and they are now a lower tier 3A team. Looking at their schedule this year, they will be fortunate to win 2-3 games. They just don't have the enrollment and enough athletes to compete with the teams they are now playing in their new Region.

If Goodpasture is smart, they will play nickel and dime coverage on defense, and run the ball every play. If they do that, I can't see CPA staying in the game.

I totally agree, but this is what GP faces every year seems we play 2-3 5A schools everyyear. just have to play with what you got. Cause the tssaa is making it tough on the privates

Terminator and CPA4Ever,

You are tearing me up listening to your whinning.TSSAA is not being tough on you- they are just making a even playing field for all schools. If you do not like playing 4A and 5A teams- Join DII and play Ensworth, MBA, Ryan, Baylor, MUS, CBHS and McCallie.

Why don't you crawl back in your public school bitterness hole you crawled out of? I wasn't complaining, I was making statements of fact related to the situation at CPA and the upcoming game. If we are whining, it is because we learned it so well for years listening to folks like you crying that they couldn't win against the privates. Well, you got your wish. Schools with 300 students playing against schools with 800, and schools dropping out of DI play, like Ezell, DCA, FRA, etc..

I was at the CPA staff and parents meeting when CPA decided to stay in DI. Do you know why they did? Because they felt they could better meet their mission statement as a Christian school competing against public schools, and the players needed the exposure to a broader cross-section of society. We also decided we did not want to be tempted to only give scholorships to athletes to compete. We all knew it would be tough to win, but we chose the "bigger picture".

You have a right to comment on any thread, but if all you want to do is criticize private schools, and not discuss the game in question, don't waste our time having to read you. dry.gif

I want to back up what CPA4ever said! But I also know that we dont make the rules, we just play by them. I know that Coach Martin regularly plays 5A and 6A teams every year. This year Goodpasture plays Ravenwood, Whites Creek, McGavock, and David Lipscomb. Enough of that, lets get it on for this week, and we are looking forward to going to CPA!