Clinton @ Hardin Valley

coonhunter292

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardin Valley has a pretty good qb and a fast, athletic rb. But, HV is young and have no seniors on the team. I say in time HV will be a team to deal with.....but not this year. I say Clinton wins 42-0.

I don't know about 42-0, 92D????? But I do agree HV will be a team to recon with in let's say 4-5 years. Maybe not that long.

You could be right oppressed, but let me throw some numbers out to ya. HV's defense looked very good against Carter only giving up 137 yards of total offense. I was like WOW HV must have a very good defense. Then HV turns around the next week and gives up 423 yards to Knox West. HV has only gave up 29 points in 2 games, but they have only scored 13 in those two games.

Clinton had 346 yards against Halls, 495 yards against Dobyns-Bennett, and 515 yards against Karns. I dont think HV will score at all against Clinton's defense unless it is against Clinton's 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half. And if Clinton has less than 450 yards against HV i will be very surprised!

Im more concerned about our STUPID penalties and us stopping ourselves! I understand that the coach doesnt want his team to take cheap shots from other players, but those penalties are going to cost us a game on of these days! :thumb:

You could be right oppressed, but let me throw some numbers out to ya. HV's defense looked very good against Carter only giving up 137 yards of total offense. I was like WOW HV must have a very good defense. Then HV turns around the next week and gives up 423 yards to Knox West. HV has only gave up 29 points in 2 games, but they have only scored 13 in those two games.

Clinton had 346 yards against Halls, 495 yards against Dobyns-Bennett, and 515 yards against Karns. I dont think HV will score at all against Clinton's defense unless it is against Clinton's 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half. And if Clinton has less than 450 yards against HV i will be very surprised!

Im more concerned about our STUPID penalties and us stopping ourselves! I understand that the coach doesnt want his team to take cheap shots from other players, but those penalties are going to cost us a game on of these days! :flower:

Your right 92 those penalties are getting bad and they will cost us one of these days...I really dont think that anyone will have a anwser for Clinton O..they are just clicking this year and its extremly hard to stop them. I dont know how many times stone has had to punt but it not much..I do aggree with oppressed about out D sometimes but they seem to be getting better and better as the weeks go on

Im more concerned about our STUPID penalties and us stopping ourselves! I understand that the coach doesnt want his team to take cheap shots from other players, but those penalties are going to cost us a game on of these days! :thumb:

I am very pleased with Clinton's defense so far, although there is room for improvement IMO. Clinton gave up 105 points in the first 3 games last season, and this year they have given up 50 points in the first 3 games. Alot better, but still not where i would like to see them.

I am more concerned about our offensive line than anything! Our run blocking is pretty good at times, but our pass blocking is terrible IMO! We need to give Stone more time or he is going to end up getting killed! We can get away with it right now, but if we are lucky enough to make it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, that is when it will catch up to us. I hope our boys prove me wrong. Let's go Dragons!!!! :thumb: