Region 4A (Dist. 7 & 8) Early Predictions

foxylady

OK. It's too quite for region 4. Let's generate some excitement for the

coming season. What are your thoughts?

My very early picks (not knowing a lot)

District 7

1..... Clarkrange ....................... Battle between CR and JC for 1. (CR by a hair)

2..... Jackson County (Gainesboro)

3/4.. Pickett County (Byrdstown).... Toss up on Pickett/Clay. Think Pickett with be 3rd.

3/4.. Clay County (Celina)

5..... Monterey

District 8 (I'm pretty clueless about Dist. 8)

1... Red Boiling Springs

2... Friendship Christian (Lebanon)

3... Gordonsville

4... Watertown

5... Trousdale County (Hartsville)

Predict Region 4 state bound teams will both be from District 7.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 7

1..... Clarkrange ....................... Battle between CR and JC for 1. (CR by a hair)

3/4.. Pickett County (Byrdstown).... Toss up on Pickett/Clay. Think Pickett with be 3rd.

5..... Monterey

1... Red Boiling Springs

3... Gordonsville

4... Watertown

Wow..............I beleive some teams will surprize people this year. You never know til you play the game. :thumb:

District 7

5..... Monterey

1... Red Boiling Springs

3... Gordonsville

4... Watertown

Wow..............I beleive some teams will surprize people this year. You never know til you play the game. :thumb:

I think you are correct. With these teams it could be surprise about any night. I've just not

heard too much about some of the teams this year and was interested in how folks thought it

would go.

District 7

5..... Monterey

1... Red Boiling Springs

3... Gordonsville

4... Watertown

RBS doesn't move from a 4 or lower in 7A to a 1 in 8A because of reclass. They have to play the game.

I would say 8A will be pretty wide open, Gordonsville lost quite a bit, but have a pretty good group of younger players. Give the underclassmen some time and they will do fine I believe. I know FCS lost several big players. WHS and TC are usually at the bottom, but TC has a new coach, look for them to make some noise. I don't know what all RBS lost, but figure they will be 3rd or better.

I would say 8A will be pretty wide open, Gordonsville lost quite a bit, but have a pretty good group of younger players. Give the underclassmen some time and they will do fine I believe. I know FCS lost several big players. WHS and TC are usually at the bottom, but TC has a new coach, look for them to make some noise. I don't know what all RBS lost, but figure they will be 3rd or better.

Heard Trousdale has a tough schedule this year. Playing Hickman Co. and Marshall Co on the same day in Hall Of Fame games. Jackson Co. twice, Smith Co. twice, Macon Co. twice, Westmoreland twice and Pickett Co. once for non-district games. If they can play with some of these teams, maybe they will not be in the bottom two as they have been in years past.

• 1 month later...

Last year Pickett Co. beat #1 Friendship Christian 2 times in the regular season ...and in the region Pickett was #4 and Friendship was #1 and Pickett won again. So, don't count out RBS. 7A remains the top district in the state with any of the 4 top teams able to win the gold this year.

District 7

5..... Monterey

1... Red Boiling Springs

3... Gordonsville

4... Watertown

RBS doesn't move from a 4 or lower in 7A to a 1 in 8A because of reclass. They have to play the game.

even tho CR lost most of there players it will be very close between CR and JC. too early to tell right now. but i hope it goes either way..

Dont count them out you might just be surprised who shows up on the court for them this year,it will be a good team. As far as district 8 i think friendship wins the district like last year 2,goes to red boiling,3 goes to gordonsville, 4 to trousdale.5 goes to watertown. And yes district 7 is a force but its like they always say to be the man you have to beat the man. And right now CR is the man. Good luck to all :roflolk: