Henry County 3-0 again

1986player

Kevin38 is from Springfield, I believe. They have been down for several years, with only one or two winning seasons in the last seven or eight, and were 0-10 last year. They will get there chance in a couple of weeks to beat us.

If that's true, then I stand corrected. Springfield was 10-0, and then 11-1 a few years ago. Their recent history is quite unusual. They have at least seven losing seasons in the last ten years, and out of nowhere they were 10-0 that one year. I understand why he may be confused and dumbfounded.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Friday's win over Kenwood, is there any Clarksville team that can beat us? Rossview? Northwest? Northeast? Maybe Austin Peay?

Wow, you guys finally have a few winning seasons and all of a sudden your heads start to inflate. Just give it time, somebody will beat HC. Even if it is not until the play-offs, 10-0 does NOT matter if you dont win state..... :thumb:

You are wrong, and obviously you have never coached, to make a stupid statement like that. 10-0 ALWAYS matters. 5-5 matters, as does 1-9, and 7-3. I don't know which team you follow, nor do I care, but my guess is, that they haven't been 10-0 in a while. You are basically saying that no team matters, and nothing they achieve matters, unless they win the state championship. I hope that's not what you mean, because those words would be the words of a fool. Some of our fans may be a little arrogant, but winning with regularity promotes that, especially among fans. Another guess of mine would be that your team has very few, if any, arrogant fans.

Try 2006 on the 10-0 part and yeah I am sure we do have some arrogant fans, but I dont see any of them posting on here. Also, dont get all dramatic on my meaning on the "does not matter" statement; that was more so intended for the arrogance in the post I quoted. I could have been more specific but I figured 1 of the arrogant individuals would have applied, I dont believe you would fall into that category. I am not even from Clarksville, but dishing the area teams the way that post did was uncalled for IMO. They have 8 highschools in Clarksville which stretches their talent pool way out. The team HC just beat last Friday got diluted even more due to West Creek opening up this year. The Clarksville teams would be much better if their were just 3-4 teams instead of 8.....

Kevin38 is from Springfield, I believe. They have been down for several years, with only one or two winning seasons in the last seven or eight, and were 0-10 last year. They will get there chance in a couple of weeks to beat us.

If that's true, then I stand corrected. Springfield was 10-0, and then 11-1 a few years ago. Their recent history is quite unusual. They have at least seven losing seasons in the last ten years, and out of nowhere they were 10-0 that one year. I understand why he may be confused and dumbfounded.

Not confused at all my man, I was on the team at Springfield that won the state championship and very well know struggles the program has gone through in recent years. My post above explains my problem w/ the arrogance and it has absolutely nothing to do w/ Springfield. The 10-0 season we had a few years ago was due in large part to our new offensive coordinator that came in that year who installed an offense that utilized the athletes Springfield has year in year out to their maximum capabilities. This same coach left the next year and they went right back down the drain. We now have a very good coach in Coach Myers and he has assembled a very capable coaching staff. The team is very young this year as they only have 5 or less seniors and they are showing improvement every week. I say give the program a couple years and they will be a force to be reckoned w/, they may even suprise a few people this year.....

Not confused at all my man, I was on the team at Springfield that won the state championship and very well know struggles the program has gone through in recent years. My post above explains my problem w/ the arrogance and it has absolutely nothing to do w/ Springfield. The 10-0 season we had a few years ago was due in large part to our new offensive coordinator that came in that year who installed an offense that utilized the athletes Springfield has year in year out to their maximum capabilities. This same coach left the next year and they went right back down the drain. We now have a very good coach in Coach Myers and he has assembled a very capable coaching staff. The team is very young this year as they only have 5 or less seniors and they are showing improvement every week. I say give the program a couple years and they will be a force to be reckoned w/, they may even suprise a few people this year.....

I agree somewhat with your assessment of the Clarksville schools being diluted, although that same theory doesn't apparently hold true for Oakland last year. Where did your offensive coordinator go? Good luck to your team this year.

If that's true, then I stand corrected. Springfield was 10-0, and then 11-1 a few years ago. Their recent history is quite unusual. They have at least seven losing seasons in the last ten years, and out of nowhere they were 10-0 that one year. I understand why he may be confused and dumbfounded

I agree somewhat with your assessment of the Clarksville schools being diluted, although that same theory doesn't apparently hold true for Oakland last year. Where did your offensive coordinator go? Good luck to your team this year.

I heard he went to Davidson Academy b/c his son was in his senior year and he played there; since then I have no idea. His name popped up in disscussion when Springfield was looking for a head coach at the end of last year.....

Kevin38 there was no disrespect intended on the qoute I made on the Clarksville teams. Only a proud fan making a statement. Yes when you win it's all good. I remember a few years ago I wouldn't have made that post, because at that time, there were several teams beating us. I love Big Red Football, so why not celebrate when we can. Good luck on your season, for we will see you soon.

Kevin38 there was no disrespect intended on the qoute I made on the Clarksville teams. Only a proud fan making a statement. Yes when you win it's all good. I remember a few years ago I wouldn't have made that post, because at that time, there were several teams beating us. I love Big Red Football, so why not celebrate when we can. Good luck on your season, for we will see you soon.

I believe you; it just came off the wrong way I suppose. I understand how it feels when your program is having success from a couple years ago when Springfield went undefeated. It feels really good, especially after not having much success in the last decade. Good luck to you guys and keep feeding UT players like Teague and I could come to like you guys..... :thumb:

Onate is doing a great job with the kickoffs but our coverage seems to lack a little from last year. Most of our opponents last year started inside their own 20. This year the only way we can keep them inside the 20 is if it goes into the endzone. I was really impressed with the pass plays Fri. night and would love to see more of them.

Come on man, if Henry were still playing in last year's region they would be 0-3!

Calm down, I'm very seriously kidding and since we don't play anymore I just had to check in on the red storm! Congrats on the good start, don't get too confident but I see a deep run in the state again.

Munford is rebuilding (if that is an appropriate term) from the coaching staff down. Good young coach with a positive approach. Kids are actually excited about coming out to play again. We expect the team to play hard and hopefully they see some success to build on. Millington is next and their fans seem to be bashing us more than in the past but that may be a little concern on their part.

Go Big Red and good luck. By the way, I'm NOT a UT fan but Teague looked like I remembered him. Fast and good.

What's up with no one posting? Last year we were always on the first web page and now we have moved to the second. Come on Big Red Fans let's move.

I can tell you what the problem is with at least the fans who sit around me. They tell me that a few years ago they were tired and frustrated with losing. Now it appears that your fans are bored with winning. It's strange to say the least, but that's it, pure and simple. Maybe the team should lose a few games to revive the interest. Don't get me wrong, we have MANY fans who support the team, but they get bored quickly when we get ahead, or they are overly alarmed if it is close.