Anderson County @ Central

MavMaximus

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to agree that bashing a 17 year old kid on the board is sad. I do agree that Wilson has all the tangibles to be a bigtime player. The difference in those kids that look, run, jump, and catch the same is want to. Those that have it can play at the D1 level. Those that don't, will play at a D2 or NAIA school. Before you bash me, I'm not degrating the small schools. There is a big difference though in a UT or Alabama and a Tusculum. It would be nice for Wilson to flip the aggression switch on Friday nights. In my opinion, unless he starts playing physical, it will be a stretch for him to go on scholarship to a Tech or Austin Peay. Got all the skills, he needs to assert himself more on Friday nights. Great kid off the field. Sometimes that switch is hard to flip.

Wilson is not getting any big time looks. He has no work ethic to speak of. He has the talent just not the desire or commitment.

HE HAS MORE WORK ETHIC THAN THE SORRY QUITTER COACH IN little o EVER HAD AT LEAST HES NOT QUIT BOY

I think you have this " indiangiver" mistaken for someone from Oneida. They are not. I know who you are, and your motives. Be careful, don't create something that is not there. You know a lot of assumptions turn out to be wrong. I thought you were friends with the Coach that you are talking about? I think he has helped many that you know.

Wilson is not getting any big time looks. He has no work ethic to speak of. He has the talent just not the desire or commitment.

Once again, Indiangiver, your occasional "put-down" comment for our AC players. Wilson does have several looks from colleges for your information. A little early in the season I believe for them to show their hands though, don't you agree? (that is if you really do know anything about football and how that works or if your negative comments are just SOUR GRAPES). Oh...my bad. Your negative comments aren't just for our football players. You seem very negative about our baseball AND basketball programs, too. :twisted:

You have a real nice day! GO MAVS!

HE HAS MORE WORK ETHIC THAN THE SORRY QUITTER COACH IN little o EVER HAD AT LEAST HES NOT QUIT BOY

I think you have this " indiangiver" mistaken for someone from Oneida. They are not. I know who you are, and your motives. Be careful, don't create something that is not there. You know a lot of assumptions turn out to be wrong. I thought you were friends with the Coach that you are talking about? I think he has helped many that you know.

I agree with what your saying, allvol, about creating something that is not there. And , yes, assumptions sometimes turn out to be wrong. Motives are a funny thing. Sometimes one assumes they know what they are, yet find out later that they were totally different. The truth will stand when we're all dead and gone, and all I can say is GO MAVS!!!

P.S....I don't like quitters. Friend or foe. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. :D

I do have to agree that bashing a 17 year old kid on the board is sad. I do agree that Wilson has all the tangibles to be a bigtime player. The difference in those kids that look, run, jump, and catch the same is want to. Those that have it can play at the D1 level. Those that don't, will play at a D2 or NAIA school. Before you bash me, I'm not degrating the small schools. There is a big difference though in a UT or Alabama and a Tusculum. It would be nice for Wilson to flip the aggression switch on Friday nights. In my opinion, unless he starts playing physical, it will be a stretch for him to go on scholarship to a Tech or Austin Peay. Got all the skills, he needs to assert himself more on Friday nights. Great kid off the field. Sometimes that switch is hard to flip.

futbolfan...You say you are not bashing the smaller schools but yet you state what a difference there is between them.The NFL has had many...let me repeat, MANY, dynamic players on their rosters from the "smaller" schools which you seem to think are not as competative. For example, Jerry Rice-Missouri Valley State, Chad Pennington & Randy Moss-Marshall (MAC conference), Ben Rothlensburger-Miami of Ohio, Terrell Owens-UTC, Ed "2 Tall" Jones-Tennessee State, Darrell Green-Texas Christian, Phil Simms-Moorehead State, Ky.,Shannon and Sterling Sharp,small school in Mississippi (?), Steve McNair, small school-Mississippi Delta, Roger Stallback-Navy Academy,etc............. Look at an NFL roster sometimes. You might be surprised to find that the majority of their players are from the smaller schools. SMALL SCHOOLS ARE EXTREMELY COMPETATIVE. Sometimes, it's not the size of the dog in the fight. Sometimes it's the size of the fight in the dog! :D

I'm definitely not bashing you by any means. I just don't agree with what you're saying about the smaller schools. Bigger is not always better. I definitely agree with you about that "switch". Sometimes it is hard for kids to hit that switch and turn it on.