Toughest Schedules for 2003?

LeatherBalls

I would dare to say that many programs are still putting the final touches on schedules while finalizing tournament plans for the 2003 season. Schools that may know their tournament plans may not know all the teams invloved.

It would be nice if everyone would post their schedules on the CoachT Baseball site, it sure helps to follow the programs through the year.

I agree that the more team schedules put in the better it could be. This is s good site to follow high school baseball in Tennessee.

You are right. I will play anyone that is willing to play us. If you want to get better you have to play better people even if that means you take a few on the chin. We are playing Cookeville High, Goodpasture, White House, DCA, Upperman tiwce, Monterey, Macon Co. twice, and the Macon Co. Tourney for non-district games in 2003.

I agree that the more team schedules put in the better it could be. This is s good site to follow high school baseball in Tennessee.

You are right. I will play anyone that is willing to play us. If you want to get better you have to play better people even if that means you take a few on the chin. We are playing Cookeville High, Goodpasture, White House, DCA, Upperman tiwce, Monterey, Macon Co. twice, and the Macon Co. Tourney for non-district games in 2003.

Sullivan North will play one of the toughest schedules for a 2a team in East Tennessee. We are playing in the Crystal Springs Tourn. which includes the top 3a schools in east tenn. Also playing in Calia Tourn. in Oak Ridge which is all top 3a schools. Playing Kingsport DB, Sullivan South and Sullivan East home and aways, all aaa. Playing Va. state powerhouse JJ Kelly(wise) and rising program JI Burton. Our district schedule includes Unicoi Co. who has won 19 straight district championships.

• 1 month later...

I believe Sullivan North has to have one of the toughest schedules in AA. Just finalized with pools completed for Oak Ridge tournament and Crystal Springs Tournament. Play AAA powers Dobyns Bennett(home and away),Science Hill,Farragut, Powell, Morristown East, Sullivan South(home and away), and Sullivan East. Plus JJ Kelly(many time Virginia state champ) and JI Burton(ex JJ Kelly coach Mack Shupes new team). Also play District 2 aa Chucky Doak who usually has a real good team. Plus a very competitive conference schedule that includes Unicoi County, Elizabethton, Sullivan Central, Volunteer, Happy Valley, Johnson County, and Hampton.

Guest oldgold

These teams may or may not have the toughest shedules throughout the year but they do have the toughest opening week. Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, Lavergne, Beech, and Hendersonville on one side will play Brentwood, Clarksville, Columbia, Dickson County, Germantown and Shelbyville. Now that will be a tournament to watch. If a team comes out of that without a loss, they have done something. It is called the Grand Slam Challenge and is March 13, 14, and 15. That's tough! :o

Rossview HS 2003 Schedule:

Olive Branch (MS), Houston, Bartlett, Christian Bros., LaVergne, Mt. Juliet, Riverdale Tourney (Riverdale, White House, Marshall Co, Cumberland Co), Beech, Vestavia Hills (AL), Pelham (AL), Lexington, Hickman Co, Montgomery Central, Christian Co (KY), Cheatham Co, Creek Wood, Jo Byrns, and 10AAA (Clarksville, Northeast, Northwest, Kenwood, Dickson Co, Henry Co). Have Father Ryan, Sycamore in preseason.

LOOKS LIKE THE SCHEDULING STEPS UP EVERY YEAR AROUND THE STATE. HERE IS OUR SCHEDULE AT COOKEVILLE:

1 - DISTRICT 7 AAA

2- ORLANDO NATIONAL TOURNAMNET

3 - WHITE HOUSE, BEECH, WILSON CENTRAL, SMYRNA, MCGAVOCK, LAVERGNE, MT. JULIET, ANTIOCH, OAK RIDGE, UPPERMAN, OLNY HS (ILLINOIS), DAVIDSON ACADEMY.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AllAmericaTiger

In my opinion, Rockwood plays a very difficult schedule in the upcoming baseball year. Cumberland County, Knox Catholic, Knox Webb, Unicoi County, Unaka, and Lookout Valley comprise a few of opponents of the single A Rockwood team.