Harpeth @ Creekwood....much anticipated

1stdown

allamerican37,

I'm not sure how you determined that Creek Wood has played some weak teams. as ondeck said they have a combined record of 10-5. And three of the teams made the playoffs last year. And how do they not earn wins now they still have to go out and work hard everyday to win. the teams in the old region 5-3A are not very strong as only four of them have winning records this year and probably two of those teams with winning records will have losing records by the end of the year. of the teams that were consistently at the top of that region only two have winning records this year (Giles and Creek Wood). As for Clarksville, Station Camp, and Rossview they were never in region 5-3A. And i do not see Creek Wood beating a team by 40 points especially not Harpeth. You have obviously made your post to stir stuff up and make people mad as you said. Next time you make a post like this get your facts straight. :blush:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know rossview, clarksville and station camp wasnt in 5-3a....but they sure do make a tougher team that ugh, every other team on their schedule....lipscomb will finish good this yea...always have and always will, and some of my freinds from greenbrier said to not be surprised if they have a losing record by the end of the year, they obviously have an easy schedule too lol....dickson was the only true winning team and they beat cw by 15, dont get me wrong i wish the best for those guys but im just saying dont let your heads get to big and coach needs to prepare them pretty darn good because come play off time, you won't be playing waverly, harpeth, and stewart county anymore!!!

I will adress all of this, first of all Cw played like crap week 0 against Dickson and they all know it. They played like a lot of individuals and not as a team like all the teams before them have played. but in the last 3 weeks, everyone has noticed a diffrence. They are playing as a team now for the first time in 5 years. And it is very noticable from the stands. When they score no more crap, the ball goes to the ref and thats it..

as for there scheduele, They were underdogs against Greenbrier won 14 to 3, huge underdogs to fairview who was "7th in the state in 3a"won 27 to 6. Where big favorites against Wavo and won big. There beating teams there not supposed to beat and blowing out teams there supposed to blow out... and more tough games to come..What else do you want...

You sound like an Ex cw player who is just mad bc your team as a senior prolly went 1-9 or 5-6 or 3-7. Give some respect to these players who have finally came together as a team.. There fun to watch for the first time in a long time...

With the new alignment, the winner of Creekwood vs Mont. Central basically can walk into the playoffs. That's not Creekwood's fault. There are AA regions that are heavy with 3A teams and there are those that are heavy with 4A teams. The natural rivalries are what makes the regular season fun. Whatever happens in post season just happens.

Harpeth drilled Hickman County who beat Marshall County. Scrimmaged Greenbrier and they look like they're down a little. Station Camp is 5A this year. It would be nice for the region if Sycamore could have stayed in 11AA, but other than that I don't have any complaints. Good for Creekwood if they have a good regular season and make it to the playoffs. It's a lot more fun for the student body and the community to drive 15 miles down the road and play a natural rival than to go 15 miles from the Alabama line and have only a handful of parents on your sideline.

i played for dickson, why do u think i wanna see the ole 6-5a come back too haha hardest region in the state and when you go 8-2 as a senior, you know you earned it, i have alot of freinds that played on that 2nd round playoff cw team and their schedule prepared them for that run....i have repect for cw because they are from dickson and i have to rep the county....they are blowing teams out tho ill give ya that, but would you put money on harpeth to ever beat rossview, could fairview ever beat giles county, i wanna see what waverly would do when marshall county came to town....high school rankings are all a joke anyway....but seeing how you mentioned 3 of the 4 teams they played went to the playoffs LAST YEAR why dont we talk about how cw did LAST YEAR in 5-3a, and if you say they were young then that sounds like an excuse for failure.....i want cw to do good, 40 point favorites tho is kinda a stretch so ill take that back, they'll win by 35 haha.....i want the regions back because dickson and creek wood both play in districts that are weak....im glad i said something because this forum was boring until now lol

o and one more thing....i know a few players from cw this year too...i said they'd finish 9-1, they'll be extremely arrogant and let the whole world know but whenever they play lexington in the first round or some other team and cw's 6 points against a game defense has 50 points scored on them, who's going to be apologizing to me haha.....respond cw prove me wrong...i hear camden is usually pretty good and yalls only competition for that top spot in the district, beat them and you will have earned it, lose and idk.....i guess yall will be 8-2 with an 0-2 record against good teams.....

Right, but everything is relative and cyclical.

Columbia is doing great this year. Of course, they aren't in the Williamson County region anymore and swapped Brentwood, Ravenwood, Centennial and Independence for Lawrence County, Shelbyville, Tullahoma and Lincoln County. Who wouldn't make that trade?

I think the TSSAA finally got it right in football for a change. It was stupid to have one set of rivals for baseball and basketball and a completely different set for football.

Harpeth playing Creek Wood? really? this is what the excitement is about? wow....... i am speechless.....

After of months of anticipation, picking out a cool screenname and finally joining the ranks of coacht posters all over the state..................this is your first post?

Well, your posting career can only go up from here. ;)

Harpeth has a very tough schedule from weeks 1-5 and it is starting to show. The win over Hickman County was very nice and that showed when Hickman went on to beat Marshall County. Camden is one of the best teams in the state and Harpeth was no match for them. East Robertson, like Harpeth, is very much improved this year and could make a lot of noise in their class. Now Harpeth has back-to-back games coming up against Creek Wood & Fairview. Creek Wood may be the best team in the whole district and Fairview is a very good 3A school (maybe a Top 10 caliber team). Harpeth also has a game coming up against a very loaded Jo Byrns team. The Indians will not be expected to win any of these games by their predictors. I wish them the best in finding a way to push through this and pull an upset or two.

Creek Wood is a Top 10 level 4A team and they may win the district this year. The Red Hawks defense has been playing lights out and their offense has a ton of big play potential. I look for them to beat Harpeth this week by a 35-14 score.

Last week's loss hurt Harpeth, no doubt. That was one they needed to win during this stretch. Everybody knew Camden, Creekwood, Fairview and Jo Bryns would be very tough games. East Rob. is one that Harpeth let get away.

I hope the guys can regroup and get things going. They got frustrated and lost their composure last week in a game that they played even except in the turnover category. They have to limit the mistakes to have a shot against the good teams.