Harpeth @ Creekwood....much anticipated

1stdown

The difficult thing for Harpeth is they really do have a good enough nucleus to have a very successful season...........but the things they don't do well have turned into bigger things.........penalties, turnovers, missed tackles, etc. If they could ever find an offensive groove that works best for them, they could move the chains.....score points.....and keep their defense off the field. But there is a lingering doubt that seems to continually hover over this program year after year..........and they haven't been able to get that monkey off their back. One bad flurry of penalties and turnovers brings back the "here we go again" mindset. As a Vandy fan all of my life, I would sit and watch the Dores thru all those 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 seasons. You would watch them play one extraordinary game and get a win.......and just when it looked like they might be turning the corner......it's "here we go again". That same mindset has fallen upon the Harpeth football program and its a difficult thing to overcome. I hope for the sake of the players that they can legitimately turn things around this season. But with CW and Fairview on the horizon, probably the best they can hope for in South Cheatham is 5-5 or their 3rd 4-6 record in three year.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait to see the Harpeth-Creekwood game.. should be great. Cant wait to see the Hawks tenacious D and see how they measure up to slow down Harpeths very talented reciever Perry Horkins.. We will see who steps up and makes the BIG plays for their team!! But I have to say I have the Hawks flyin high in this one 35-14. :justwrestle:

One thing for certain, CW is not gonna have to slow down Horkins cause Harpeth hasn't been able to get him the ball anyway. In three games, he has 8 catches on maybe 11 or 12 pass attempts. In 2007 he had almost that many catches a game. Harpeth isn't trying to get the ball to him like they once did. This should be a 1000 plus yard season for him, but it's looking like he will be lucky to hit maybe 500 yards (if lucky) which will be his personal worst as a 3 year starter. Where they once called his number every 3rd or 4th play, they are now calling it about every 12th play. Makes a big difference in offensive production when the top playmaker over the past two seasons isn't getting the ball in his hands. Go figure!

Harpeth playing Creek Wood? really? this is what the excitement is about? wow....... i am speechless.....

After of months of anticipation, picking out a cool screenname and finally joining the ranks of coacht posters all over the state..................this is your first post?

Well, your posting career can only go up from here. :roflol:

Thank you so much for the encouragement it means a lot really. And it is a cool screenname isnt it :blink:.

But no really I'll be at the game and i dont know that i expect much out of either team. I think it will be an ok game. creek wood will be hyped up for homecoming so if all else fails we might get to see some cool floats. if creek wood does want to win they better leave the distractions homecoming brings out of their heads and focus on the task at hand. we ll see how it goes down.

What happened to Roark?

I think probably he's being disciplined for some things from the game last week and carry over into practice. I don't know all of the details and certainly wouldn't have posted any internal team stuff if catfish hadn't kind of spilled the beans. It's a team thing between the staff and the team. The well being of the team is what's important right now.

While we're testifyin', while I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed as a Harpeth fan concerning the penalties and unsportsmanlike conducts in last week's game, I have a little different perspective after watching the film and talking to some players. East Robertson played dirty and Harpeth took the bait. Tice's hand was stomped on deliberately. Seagraves took a shot that was deliberate and meant to cause injury. The referees let it get out of hand and now the administration is making Harpeth send East Robertson a dang apology letter! They should be sending tape to the TSSAA and the official's association that provided the officials that couldn't see the first lick or keep the game clock.

Knee jerk reactions are not the answer. While I don't disagree with the coaching staff handing out discipline as they see fit after they've watched film and talked to players, I do take issue with the administration nosing in on Monday before the coaching staff ever had a chance to address the issues at the East Rob game. These are internal team issues that happened in the heat of battle among teenage boys. Our coach and East Rob's coach should have a conversation and that should be the extent of it.

I hope Creekwood get's Harpeth's best game tonight, but I don't have a lot of confidence that such will be the case. There are internal issues...................again.

Creek Wood- 55

Harpeth- 14

first i will say i heard a lot about how harpeth talked alot and there might be some talking going on and from what i saw There Was none of it. So that is good news for both teams.

As for the Game Cw is just better. Even though they didn't play as good as they have been. Cw jumped out 24-0 Went to the half 27-7. Harpeth cut it to 27-14.. Then Cw finally woke up and scored 4td's in 2 min to put the game away. Hooper and Odom had another good game on the ground. And Caleb Bell also played the 4th quarter. Really nice to see him playing again he ran the ball hard.. Bad news for the rest of the district now that Cw has odom and Bell Healthy

CreekWood played well last night and congrats to them on a great effort for homecoming.

While the final score would indicate that CW beat Harpeth like a drum, the first 3 quarters and 4 minutes into the 4th quarter, it was still a ballgame at 27-14. The last 8 plus minutes of the game saw Harpeth literally give CreekWood the ball for their final 4 TDs of the night....hence the final of 55-14. The unforced turnovers by Harpeth on the night (4 fumbles and 4 int's I believe) really hurt the Indians and kept them from making a game of it.

Hooper and company played well for CreekWood as was expected and they have a nice balance in their offensive attack. I don't see CreekWood losing any games until they face Camden.