East Hickman @ Spring Hill

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it might be a "pretty sloppy" track for this one. It's been raining on the field all night and so far all day.

That might give Spring Hill an edge.

East apparently likes to throw quite a bit. 81 attempts over 3 games. (27 per game).

East's QB has thrown 3 INT vs 5 TD, so a slick ball might give him some problems.

Spring Hill has a more balanced attack offensively, and is certainly capable of grinding it out on the ground if necessary with the QB plus the 5 RB they rotate in and out and their senior laden offensive line.

Will probably be playing with a wet-slick football; so turnovers or lack there of, could be the difference in this game.

East likes to pass,,,,,, alot. But they are not your regular passes, most are behind the line of scrimmage, just quick short passes that will keep the defense scrambling all night.I have seen very few long attempts, but dont count it out..........its there too. I love to see the old spring hill attitude expecting a "blowout" , the weather will be in east favor, we have a few kids that like to play in mud, get ready............we are.

Like an old coach said...3 things can happen when you put the ball in the air and 2 of them are bad. :blink:

It's actually the NEW SPRING HILL ATTITUDE. Just taking care of their business each week to continue improving.

Raiders had a great week of practice in the rain, so they are ready.

PS: Just a note to inform that the Homecoming festivities have been cancelled. Guess the girls don't like playing in the rain like the boys do. :roflol:

Game Time: 7:30 pm.

Looks like it might be a "pretty sloppy" track for this one. It's been raining on the field all night and so far all day.

East apparently likes to throw quite a bit. 81 attempts over 3 games. (27 per game).

East's QB has thrown 3 INT vs 5 TD, so a slick ball might give him some problems.

Spring Hill has a more balanced attack offensively, and is certainly capable of grinding it out on the ground if necessary with the QB plus the 5 RB they rotate in and out and their senior laden offensive line.

Will probably be playing with a wet-slick football; so turnovers or lack there of, could be the difference in this game.

East does like to pass alot, I love the coaches game plans, but please do not take what you read in the papers too serious, # 22 had 2 fumble recoverys, and at least 10 tackles in the Loretto game, but the paper reflects he had 1 tackle and 1 fumble recovery and only 130 yards rushing........... way way off. Other players had some big stops and big plays that for some reason are not correct as well, I dont read into the paper much but when the stats are this far off I would not base my game plan on anything said. I believe East can pull it off, I hope I am right.

I say SH by 14. they have a very good team this year. The O line did not give up at Giles County. They played their hearts out. Giles was just a little bit better and the help from the referees didnt hurt. SH runs the ball better than they throw the ball and that is a fact. So you need to give the entire team kudos for the way they have been playing not just one player. You have a great team with good lineman, running backs and receivers and I hope you do well this year. GO RAIDERS :mrgreen:

East does like to pass alot, I love the coaches game plans, but please do not take what you read in the papers too serious, # 22 had 2 fumble recoverys, and at least 10 tackles in the Loretto game, but the paper reflects he had 1 tackle and 1 fumble recovery and only 130 yards rushing........... way way off. Other players had some big stops and big plays that for some reason are not correct as well, I dont read into the paper much but when the stats are this far off I would not base my game plan on anything said. I believe East can pull it off, I hope I am right.

Really haven't read anything in the papers about East?

#22 is a really good player on film, but he will be tired by the 2nd half as far as a RB goes, while SH will continue to rotate their 5 RB's. No way intended as a negative on 22.

Loretto is your comparision? Really? SH scrimmaged Loretto in the "Kick Off" game at Columbia and it was over before it ever started. Not a very good comparison imo. 21-0 after 3 series 1 on 1; 1st Qtr.

Hope all the East fans have a safe trip on that sometimes dangerous Hwy 7. :mrgreen:

I say SH by 14. they have a very good team this year. The O line did not give up at Giles County. They played their hearts out. Giles was just a little bit better and the help from the referees didnt hurt. SH runs the ball better than they throw the ball and that is a fact. So you need to give the entire team kudos for the way they have been playing not just one player. You have a great team with good lineman, running backs and receivers and I hope you do well this year. GO RAIDERS :mrgreen:

Who is giving Kudos for one player?

Are you close to this team Raider 93?

These guys go to eat together, hang out together, talk/text on the phone to each other all the time. Stay after practice etc with each other to do extra work.

Maybe you are referring to the QB comment? That was a reply to another poster.

That's what Coach Scharsch said.

Did you see the "special" on Charter Wednesday night? If not, all the SH QB wanted to talk about was what a great OL he had, what great RBs he had, and what the defense does to get the offense the ball with good field position; and how the WR make him look good.

As far as run vs pass; they are a balanced offense:

Passing: 729 yds; 7 TDs; 0 Int; 61%; 13.5 yds per pass.

Rushing: 998 yds; 10 TDs; 6.74 yds per carry.

I agree! :ph34r: GO RAIDERS!!

In 5 hours east hickman will be wishing they never made the trip. it does not matter rain ,snow, or sunshine, the outcome will be 60 to 0 , if we played with 1 hand ,and blind folded it does not matter. i heard there game film was horrible .most middle schools could compete with them. why evan have football at your school if your going to be this bad? HEE HEE just kidding. good luck and be safe on your trip over.