Covington/Ripley

purpleandgoldfan

Covington wins ugly 9-0. Covington fans did get to see their future backfield tonite as freshman Carlos William and sophomore Carlos Burton had big plays for the offense. Ripley had 2 scores called back on penalties. Not a very impressive game for either team. To bad neither team played with the intensity that the fans had. Ripley fans blamed the loss on the referees and Ripley left the field without shaking the Covington players hands. HeHe....looks like the rivalry has been elevated to a new level.

Covington got the W and the refs did get the win. I have never seen such p*** poor calls in my life. Ripley had 13 penalties called and Covington 2. The refs finally decided to call a delay of game against Covington after it was way to obvious that they should have called it. How can one ref stand on top of a play and call it in bounds and another ref afterwards run cross field and call it out. Let me hear it lincoln.

this is for the number 1 football dad. i am betting that you never played any organized football. i also bet that nobody wants to watch a game with you when you attend a game or even watch one at home. next time you go to a game watch how many people make an excuse to get away from you, (ex: i need to go to the restroom, i left my lights on, i forgot i should probably help in the concession stand tonight, or many other excuses to get away from you that i am sure you have heard). as for all of the penalties, usually the better coached team has fewer. this is the first time for me to write anything on a forum because if i have a problem i will address it face to face with someone. but i am also willing to bet that when you see coach wheeler that you would not have the guts to say one word to him. congrats to covington. and finally if you really do have a son playing then i feel sorry for him. let him play and support him instead of living your dreams through him.

Ryan I can tell with your 5 post you still have infamil on your breath and have no knowledge of the game and it sounds like you are speaking from experience and letting everyone know what you always here from people around you at the game, so thats about the only response you will get. Lincoln the no shaking hands I haven't had a chance to ask the coach myself personally, but I think he felt that Ripley kids were to emotional after the game and that was probaly best. Since earlier this year some of the kids have been carring with them of how when they were at a weight meet and Wheeler shook hands with everyone and unill he got to Ripley players and turned his back to them as if they had done something wrong to him, which I thought was slight inmature. Again I haven't had a chance to ask the coach myself and I know it looked unsportsman like, but I think with that with that much emotions involved it was the right thing to do instead of taking the risk of having a all out brawl on the field. The coach himself did go and shake Wheelers hand. Linoln I don't have a problem with lopsided call, but if you were at the game " and don't have a dog in the hunt" do you think alot of the call were questionable? I stated in a post earlier that this season would see plenty of bad calls and no calls do to a ref shortage and new ones coming on board but I didn't expect it to be that bad. And yes you did predict the W and congrats, but you were wrong about me I'm still here and will be. GO BIG PURPLE you played a heck of game.

Covington got the W and the refs did get the win. I have never seen such p*** poor calls in my life. Ripley had 13 penalties called and Covington 2. The refs finally decided to call a delay of game against Covington after it was way to obvious that they should have called it. How can one ref stand on top of a play and call it in bounds and another ref afterwards run cross field and call it out. Let me hear it lincoln.

There is not much to say the game was ugly. Covington just came away with a hard fought victory and I guess the the Waterboy head coach did enough to win the ball game. But come on I don't want to hear anything about the Refs that is the oldest excuse there ever was. Yeah the penalties were wap-sided and I guess you think that coming in to this game the refs said we are going to do everything in our power to screw ripley out of winning this game. Yeah there were some bad calls but most the time you are going to get that in a high school football game. You can't let it affect you, the team has to let it go and go to the next play. I will give it to Ripley's coach he did get in some crazy stuff to confuse Covington's defense but trick formations only get you so far in this league. But I thought Ripley played extremely hard and it was alot closer than I thought it was going to be but thats how it goes in these Rivalry games. And what was up with not shaking hands after the game, I did not understand that at all. Anyway I told you whose going to win earlier in the week so no need to be boastful. So let ME HEAR IT 1ftbldad!!!!!

I didnt see you where did you sit

I should also mention Ripley didn't help by consistantly dropping balls that hit the players in the numbers or in the face. Midway thru the season these players should have by now put forth the extra effort and stay after practice to correct these mistakes since its the same players game after game dropping good catchable balls.

Congratulations to Covington. This is the way they seemed to win when they were making the playoff runs in previous years, low scoring, strong defense. Ugly, but effective. I agree that you are seeing the future backfield for Covington in Williams and Burton. Both did a great job in middle school, and when is the last time you saw very many freshmen have the most yards rushing in a game on the VARSITY team. Doesn't happen a whole lot at a school the size of Covington. I have seen him play since the 7th grade and Carlos Williams is gonna be special! Great athlete and great kid. BTW, the freshmen team won 46-0 the night before without Williams and Nick Terry(probably their two best backs) as both have been moved up to varsity. Hang with em Charger fans, the future is bright in Covington!