Goodpasture at David Lipscomb

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the posts...it might seem or appear that Bomb Squad, Eddie Haskell and the boys have grown tired of Coacht. The new Coacht format, the new classification system has had a impact on the posts. Its just not what it used to be. We are all growing older.

Oh yeah...well here's one ....Goodpasture had an off year recruiting due to the economy but should return to full strength as the rich get richer in a year or two....maybe DL can knock some of that cockiness off them. I of course make these statements with no precise loyalty to either team and my disclaimer that any of my comments have any validity.

Oh....there is validity there, for both teams. Best thing about this game is that one of them is going down :thumb: .

Goodpasture doesn't recruit. 9th grade QB's regularly transfer to GP due to their high academia and winning tradition.Who would ever get that notion.Lipscomb just does a better job of evaluating tallent at the kindergarten level!

Dont knock the education that is available at Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. The academics at these schools are very good. I dont know about recruiting, but I do know that kids come out of Goodpasture prepared for college!! So if you want to rip Goodpasture stick to thier excellent coaching staff, winning tradition, or high rate of students who go to college. I know that both Goodpasture and David Lipscomb are programs that many aspire to be like, and that is why people rip them because it is easier to rip them to complement them! Goodpasture is a class school, and they always put the team first. FYI, there are 5 starters that are sitting the first quarter because they were late to class earlier this week. One starter is not going to play at all in the game! Recruiting or not, private or not, you have to respect a coach and a staff that is willing to teach young men life lessons!

As for the game, I hope it does not rain, and I look forward to a great game! Go Cougars!

Does Goodpasture recruit? NO.

If a student wants to transfer to our school to get better prepared for college and just happens to be an ace on the football field, do we take him? YES :thumb:

Thank you. I hate it when we are talking about high school football and then someone wants to turn it into a "private vs public" issue. The rules are made by TSSAA! We follow them! Enough said! Stop complaining. I love the way Coach Martin runs his program! Both on and off the field. I do not always agree with what he does or what players he plays, but I do know he has a plan, and he does a great job of building men! You have to respect that! No coach or program is perfect, but I like the way they do things at Goodpasture!

Looking forward to a great night of football at Lipscomb's place.It will be the battle of the big boyz up front.Lipscomb's weapons are hitting their stride and ready for a statement win.Goodpasture will have to throw just to show they can and Lipscomb will intercept just because they can and that will decide the game......BOOK IT....

Wish I could have bet on this game with you. Lipscomb never hit a stride and a statement loss. Lipscomb looked like sad puddin.

Looking forward to a great night of football at Lipscomb's place.It will be the battle of the big boyz up front.Lipscomb's weapons are hitting their stride and ready for a statement win.Goodpasture will have to throw just to show they can and Lipscomb will intercept just because they can and that will decide the game......BOOK IT....

:blink: Hitting that stride :thumb: ....comes a lil easier against winless Stratford...doesn't it ;) your sooo funny...you kill me :roflol:

Well eventhough Stratford in winless, they've lost to pretty good teams. Lipscomb has also lost to two very good teams. As someone else said except for a breakdown or two these were games we could have won. Who have you guys beaten Westmoreland? Macon County? You didn't even score on Whites Creek!!

-snd

complete breakdown tonight and they might not have scored on White's Creek but they scored on you.....a lot.

As to the posts...it might seem or appear that Bomb Squad, Eddie Haskell and the boys have grown tired of Coacht. The new Coacht format, the new classification system has had a impact on the posts. Its just not what it used to be. We are all growing older.

bomb and the beaver are hiding under a rock and i do not blame them.