Forrest @ Cornersville

LovethoseRockets

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Cornersville take this one, I've heard a lot about the running game of Forrest, and I think with our defense, we can shut the run down and win this one. Cornersville has a great running game as well along with a passing offense that will keep any defense on their heels. If that don't work I guess the no-huddle, spread formation is gonna confuse Forrest defense. I do remember when this was the battle of north and south and I'm glad they finally got the rivalry renewed. We need to find the traveling trophy and get it in the mix once again. I've been on both sides of the rivalry and it can get ugly. I really hope this game doesn't get the same referees they had for the Cornersville/Loretto game, cause both sides will go home unhappy with the officiating. If we get some officials that have a clue of what is going on, then I'll take Cornersville 28-20, if not then I take Cornersville 27-20

I would love to see Cornersville take this one, I've heard a lot about the running game of Forrest, and I think with our defense, we can shut the run down and win this one. Cornersville has a great running game as well along with a passing offense that will keep any defense on their heels. If that don't work I guess the no-huddle, spread formation is gonna confuse Forrest defense. I do remember when this was the battle of north and south and I'm glad they finally got the rivalry renewed. We need to find the traveling trophy and get it in the mix once again. I've been on both sides of the rivalry and it can get ugly. I really hope this game doesn't get the same referees they had for the Cornersville/Loretto game, cause both sides will go home unhappy with the officiating. If we get some officials that have a clue of what is going on, then I'll take Cornersville 28-20, if not then I take Cornersville 27-20

Alright, may regret this, but I'll ask anyway. Why is a bad official going to make you guys miss an extra point? Or are you saying you'll be forced to kick two field goals along with 3 TDs instead of scoring 4 TD's?

Alright, may regret this, but I'll ask anyway. Why is a bad official going to make you guys miss an extra point? Or are you saying you'll be forced to kick two field goals along with 3 TDs instead of scoring 4 TD's?

I think that means that the difference in a good ref and a bad one is their ability to stand underneath the goalposts, look up, and tell whether the ball crosses inside or outside the yellow post. And all this time I was trying to make the determination a lot more difficult...

Ya'll please don t make excuses for the rockets they came out in the poles way over rated at the first of the year. The so called big d for the rockets let the cascade ponies score 38 points on them. The forrest offense cain t get going eithier unless it is a very weak team. I have heard some of the kids like holton warner abbygo and quezaire bothers cain't step up. I still say the south by 14 and rockets go back home 3 and 2.

First the officials don't have anything to do with us scoring 1 point less, I was just being funny, I was just saying that I really believe Cornersville has a really good chance of winning this game. And, as was stated in a message earlier, Cornersville has been on the short end of the stick when it comes to this game. I really want to see Cornersville win one, being that I've seen it from both side, attended both schools, and Cornersville was usually the loser in this game. With these kids that Cornersville has, and the determination that I see from them, I really think they can pull this one out and that this is their year, not only to beat Forrest but to make a serious run at the playoff. I know they will have to win this one and next week, cause the last 4 games of the season are against really tough competition (Wayne Co, Mt. Pleasant, Collinwood, and Perry Co). I think Forrest will determine where we stand in that regard and if we can get the win vs the Rockets, we will be in good standing. But I really think that Cornersville will win 21-20, thats my serious pick. But anyways Go Dawgs and lets come out without injury and the W!!!!!

For those of you who plan on attending the game the Cornersville Boys Basketball team is hosting a taco salad dinner with all the fixings, drink and dessert before the game at $5.00 per ticket, which you can get at the door. The dinner is open to all fans of either school. We will be serving from 5-7pm. Parking for the game will be tight so plan on getting to the field early and get a good meal while you wait for kickoff.